Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a way to have confirmation before playing a word?

lonniel323lonniel323 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
With the latest update the word play confirmation seems to have disappeared. I have now accidentally played several words by accidentally hitting the play button.

Answers

• Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

Appreciate the feedback, @Ionniel323. The team has made some feature changes. In the meantime, I'll do my best to forward your concern with the team. Thank you.

• monicablue3270monicablue3270 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I agree...we need word confirmation back. In a week l have sent at least 5 words by mistake. Please bring this necessary feature back
  • CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 157Registered User Saint Spontaneous
    Same here. Even though I don't necessarily care for the extra "click", I think it is needed to confirm a play.
  • my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

@monicablue3270 said:
    I agree...we need word confirmation back. In a week l have sent at least 5 words by mistake. Please bring this necessary feature back

@Cbadland said:
    Same here. Even though I don't necessarily care for the extra "click", I think it is needed to confirm a play.

Your feedback will also be forwarded to the team, @monicablue3270 and @Cbadland. Thanks for appreciating the confirmation feature.

• CbadlandCbadland Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 157Registered User Saint Spontaneous
    edited June 2017
    Argh! I lost a game just now by accidentally hitting Play. This new version makes it WAY too easy to inadvertently hit the Play button. Please return to the 2-step confirmation. Or maybe have a short (like 15 sec) "undo" period.
  • lc4968lc4968 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Team, THIS IS A MUST. BRING THE CONFIRMATION FEATURE BACK. We are **** up games by accidentally hitting play. You could not have put the play key in a worse location. Please, please, please. It worked well before. There was no need to change it.

• Popi42Popi42 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

None of the latest changes are an improvement, in my opinion. Worst of all, by far, is the "instant" Play button. I have lost countless points and more than one game, by accidentally tapping Play. Hard to imagine how anyone thought that was a good idea.
    Confirmation is indeed a MUST ... please.

Also, I think before this change was made you could see the Tile Bag count before you committed a Play. That was very useful. Now you have to back-out of your play to see how many tiles are still in play.

@Cbadland said:
    Argh! I lost a game just now by accidentally hitting Play. This new version makes it WAY too easy to inadvertently hit the Play button. Please return to the 2-step confirmation. Or maybe have a short (like 15 sec) "undo" period.

@lc4968 said:
    Team, THIS IS A MUST. BRING THE CONFIRMATION FEATURE BACK. We are **** up games by accidentally hitting play. You could not have put the play key in a worse location. Please, please, please. It worked well before. There was no need to change it.

@Popi42 said:
    None of the latest changes are an improvement, in my opinion. Worst of all, by far, is the "instant" Play button. I have lost countless points and more than one game, by accidentally tapping Play. Hard to imagine how anyone thought that was a good idea.
    Confirmation is indeed a MUST ... please.

@Cbadland said:
    Also, I think before this change was made you could see the Tile Bag count before you committed a Play. That was very useful. Now you have to back-out of your play to see how many tiles are still in play.

We got all your feedback, Wordies. We'll do our best to have everything forwarded to our team.

• GreySeal1GreySeal1 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Omg! I could not agree more with this! I thought I was the only one til I sought out this feeback thread. I just don't understand why this change was made! If it was felt to be a necessary change, at least allow me to toggle the warning function in the settings!
    Please fix ASAP
  • jscott60jscott60 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Not having a confirm button or in the least the ability to toggle it on/off is absurd. I have accidentally twice submitted words that have cost me games. Amazes me how people change things without thinking it through.
  • bramblebramble Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I completely agree with the need to bring back Play confirmation. Since it has become instant I have repeatedly played unintentionally. This makes the game a test of manual dexterity instead of word skill.
    edited July 2017

@GreySeal1 said:
    Omg! I could not agree more with this! I thought I was the only one til I sought out this feeback thread. I just don't understand why this change was made! If it was felt to be a necessary change, at least allow me to toggle the warning function in the settings!
    Please fix ASAP

@jscott60 said:
    Not having a confirm button or in the least the ability to toggle it on/off is absurd. I have accidentally twice submitted words that have cost me games. Amazes me how people change things without thinking it through.

@bramble said:
    I completely agree with the need to bring back Play confirmation. Since it has become instant I have repeatedly played unintentionally. This makes the game a test of manual dexterity instead of word skill.

We'll have your sentiments forwarded to our developers, Wordies. Thanks for your feedback.

• RhmillernjRhmillernj Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    This drives me nuts! But my suggestion is to just give me an undo. Once I click play let me undo for 5 seconds.... then I am not bothered by the lack of confirmation. For me I don't really use the next game feature. I do agree we need something! Way too many errors. Or move the button! Anything is better than now.

@Rhmillernj said:
    This drives me nuts! But my suggestion is to just give me an undo. Once I click play let me undo for 5 seconds.... then I am not bothered by the lack of confirmation. For me I don't really use the next game feature. I do agree we need something! Way too many errors. Or move the button! Anything is better than now.

We'll be forwarding your suggestion to our developers to be reviewed. Thank you.

• LisaBBBBBBLisaBBBBBB Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

This is why i dont like to play on the phone. I like to check a word and it plays it and then Im doomed

Hi, @LisaBBBBBB. We've already forwarded your feedback about the Word Confirmation feature to our developers. In the meantime, we'll do our best to keep you posted for updates. Thank you.

edited September 2017
    Hi,
    The change to a single step Play makes me question if your developers actually Play Words With Friends. Twice tonight when dragging letters from my rack to the playboard I inadvertently hit Play and unintentionally played low scoring words. The distance between the Tile Rack and the Play button is like 2 millimeters. Zynga needs to go back to a two-step Play command, or move the Play button so it is not so easy to hit. PLEASE listen to the feedback from your users. This is bad User Interface.
  • linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,000Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pet Queen

@Piers_Fiddler @my sweet innamorata
    You've both said you were going to send this issue to the developers. Have you heard whether they are going to address the problem? Some sort of update would be reassuring.

edited September 2017

@Cbadland said:
    Hi,
    The change to a single step Play makes me question if your developers actually Play Words With Friends. Twice tonight when dragging letters from my rack to the playboard I inadvertently hit Play and unintentionally played low scoring words. The distance between the Tile Rack and the Play button is like 2 millimeters. Zynga needs to go back to a two-step Play command, or move the Play button so it is not so easy to hit. PLEASE listen to the feedback from your users. This is bad User Interface.

@linkshighlights said:
    @Piers_Fiddler @my sweet innamorata
    You've both said you were going to send this issue to the developers. Have you heard whether they are going to address the problem? Some sort of update would be reassuring.

Rest assure that all the concerns we've forwarded to our developers are being reviewed daily. In the meantime, we'll do our best to keep you posted for any updates on this matter. Thank you for understanding.

I like Rhmillernj's suggestion of having the Play button switch to Undo for like 5 seconds after each play. Then your dexterous players will not have to reconfirm a Play. And us clumsy players will have a chance to take back an inadvertent move.
  • Virginia163Virginia163 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Please do something to prevent unintentional use of the 'play' key. It's almost impossible not to hit it when trying out words. My enjoyment of the game is now so low that I'm considering deleting the app.
  • w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod

@Virginia163 said:
    Please do something to prevent unintentional use of the 'play' key. It's almost impossible not to hit it when trying out words. My enjoyment of the game is now so low that I'm considering deleting the app.

We appreciate your thoughts on the 'Play' button. We'll take note of this and have the developers hear of your recommendations. Thanks.

• RainmanRainman Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I agree with above. I frequently hit the play button by accident while trying out different words. I find this extremely aggravating! Can we please have a five second undo period or a 2 step confirm before playing?
  • xmasgirl43xmasgirl43 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Oh God...I was just putting my letters in on a triple word score word, and I only got one in, and accidently sent. I wish we had a way to UNDO, within say a few minutes period before the thing was finalized!!!!
  • w0rd_midasw0rd_midas Posts: 169Super Moderator mod

@xmasgirl43 said:
    Oh God...I was just putting my letters in on a triple word score word, and I only got one in, and accidently sent. I wish we had a way to UNDO, within say a few minutes period before the thing was finalized!!!!

We appreciate the sentiment, @xmasgirl43. On the web version of the game, you'll be asked if you want to confirm when you click on 'Play' after laying the tiles. We'll make sure to forward this suggestion to our developers for their consideration. Thank you.

• ChashChash Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I completely agree. I keep pressing the play button before completing my go. Very frustrating!
  • WomenMystifyMe2WomenMystifyMe2 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Argh! I just sent a 4 point word where I was supposed to build a 5 letter word for 45 points! Bring the Play confirmation back! I just lost this **** game!
  • cheezeecheezee Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I am on Android Samsung Note8 and miss this feature, also--especially because my primary co-player is using Apple iOS with a non-Facebook account and STILL HAS THE OPTION TO CONFIRM A PLAY. We are both using the most up to date version of WWF. I queried Zynga about the lamentable loss of this feature, and the unfair advantage it gives my co-player (I've also accidentally sent many a low-scoring "test" play that jeopardized a game). I got the response "this is a feature we have removed from all versions except Facebook." I sent screenshots from my friend's Apple iOS showing the confirmation feature still active, and basically got the standard response of "we've removed this feature to improve game play, thank you for your feedback, we will forward this suggestion to our developers." Why, oh why, is the option to confirm a Play GONE when we still are allowed to confirm a Pass or a Swap? And why plan to retain it on just the Facebook version? And why doesn't Zynga tech support know about or acknowledge the discrepancy between Android and Apple iOS? The loss of the ability to verify a Play makes no sense. It does not improve game play one iota, but instead debilitates every player who is blessed with this intelligent "feature" that does not account for inadvertent taps on the Play button.