Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unable to Update/Edit Profile Picture

wowser13wowser13 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Hello :) . I'm new to the forums.. I'm having an issue updating my profile picture on Words With Friends. Every time I select edit on my current picture and try to update it gives me an error processing message. Can someone help me to resolve this issue? Thanks

Answers

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

Welcome to the Words with Friends Forums, @wowser13! Our team is aware of this error and they're currently working on it. In the meantime, if you're using a Samsung device, I suggest to update your Camera/Gallery app. As soon as you're done, try editing your picture in the game.

Thank you.

• tepso28tepso28 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I am having the same issue I HAVE CHECKED MY SETTING BUT STILL UNABLE TO ADD A PHOTO. I AM USING AN ANDROID PHONE

• Mimi1513Mimi1513 Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    How do you update badges to your profile pic ?
  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

@tepso28 said:
    I am having the same issue I HAVE CHECKED MY SETTING BUT STILL UNABLE TO ADD A PHOTO. I AM USING AN ANDROID PHONE

We suggest to go the Phone settings>Apps>Scroll down to Words>Permissions>Top right menu>All Permissions>Tap "read the contents of your SD card" and "Modify or delete the contents of your SD card" it should work for none Samsung device users. In the meantime, for those who used that device were still currently working on a fix and we'll make sure to keep you posted for updates. Thank you for understanding.

• DennetraDennetra Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I am using an LG & that tip STILL doesn't work! You guys have been promising to fix this issue for over 2 1/2 years but not only can I not change my picture, but I can't add my college nor name. What gives?!? When will this ACTUALLY be rectified?!? Note, I do not have a social media account.
  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

@Dennetra said:
    I am using an LG & that tip STILL doesn't work! You guys have been promising to fix this issue for over 2 1/2 years but not only can I not change my picture, but I can't add my college nor name. What gives?!? When will this ACTUALLY be rectified?!? Note, I do not have a social media account.

Please make sure to update your camera/gallery or ensure that the Words with Friends app permission on your device is turned on. For an additional workaround, you may also update your profile status by going to the Account Management. Please refer to the image below for instructions. Thank you.

• in10sittyin10sitty Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    This has been going on for Years! So annoying for them to say they are "Working on it".

FOR KINDLE USERS: Try going into settings, manage all apps, choose words with friends app, and hit "clear cache".

Good luck.

Erica