Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Badge rules

BarbaraB2034BarbaraB2034 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Currently my badge requirement is 20317, which is ridiculous. I'm an okay player, and play a lot. But I've noticed some people bail on the game for a week or more, just to reduce the number of points they need to get to earn a badge. I've read that if you're gone long enough, it resets to 100. I've also had to resign from games where people didn't play for 14 days. That is too long. I like playing but am getting fed up with with these rules because they are not fair. Zynga does not time people out, 'in a timely manner,' like they like to say they do, at all.

Comments

• my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 271Super Moderator mod

We appreciate all your feedback, @BarbaraB2034. As you progress in your Weekly Challenge, the next goal gets higher; while, it remains attainable for others who were unable to pass the previous, so they can catch up. The team has already heard about the players' sentiment over this, and currently doing some investigations. Moving on to your next concern, inactive games will expire on the 6th day (for non-random players), while it's the 12th day (for random players). Here's a link for additional information.

• msveemsvee Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Did not receive the bonus badge for completing 2 challenges during the Spring Event Challenge which ended April 30, 2017. Why is it not showing in my badge case? I completed 3 of the 4 weekly challenges.

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,021Super Moderator mod

Hi, @msvee! The team has been made aware of the Badges not being received after completing the Weekly Challenges and a fix will be implemented soon.

Thanks for your patience.

• ibdubbibdubb Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I don't understand how to collect points and win challenges. I thought it was a point for point system, but I do not get points for several plays and I certainly do not complete challenges as is logically thought of. For example, the challenge was to complete 6 words with JQXZ. I stopped counting the words I created at 10 but I had credit for only 4. What are the rules pls?
  • sagerobsonsagerobson Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
  • David1710David1710 Posts: 43Registered User, Facebook Connect User Grasshopper
    my weekly target has been 63,000 for almost 2 months now ... WWF won't provide any information regarding the issue, they just advise their programmers are working on it.

Other players are earning weekly badges and 100 coins easily and have a clear advantage on being able to buy power ups.

The game is currently clearly stilted towards players with lower targets with are not increasing.
  • OhGeezzzzOhGeezzzz Posts: 25Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie

@Sofia Allianah So in addition to the Weekly Challenge being a mess right now, even after completing them, a badge is not earned? How soon can we expect a fix? I am sure the community will be grateful. Thanks!

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,021Super Moderator mod

Hello, Wordies!

@ibdubb said:
    I don't understand how to collect points and win challenges. I thought it was a point for point system, but I do not get points for several plays and I certainly do not complete challenges as is logically thought of. For example, the challenge was to complete 6 words with JQXZ. I stopped counting the words I created at 10 but I had credit for only 4. What are the rules pls?

Points/scores may take up to 24 hours for them to be reflected on your Profile, same goes with the Weekly Challenge requirements. For more info and other workarounds that help resolve this, click here. If you feel that your game is still outdated, don't hesitate to contact our Support team by following these steps.

@sagerobson said:
    How do the coins work?

Coins are earned from completing Weekly Challenges and playing regularly. However, this feature is still on a slow rollout. In the meantime, please check the App Store or Google Play from time to time and download the latest game version.

@David1710 said:
    my weekly target has been 63,000 for almost 2 months now ... WWF won't provide any information regarding the issue, they just advise their programmers are working on it.

Other players are earning weekly badges and 100 coins easily and have a clear advantage on being able to buy power ups.

The game is currently clearly stilted towards players with lower targets with are not increasing.

@OhGeezzzz said:
    @Sofia Allianah So in addition to the Weekly Challenge being a mess right now, even after completing them, a badge is not earned? How soon can we expect a fix? I am sure the community will be grateful. Thanks!

We've made some changes on how we set the goals, but it may take anywhere from one to a few weeks for you to see the improvements on your Weekly Challenges.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Shepherdess78Shepherdess78 Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

My target this week is21280 which is impossible!! I am seriously thinking of giving up on words with friends as it is such an unfair system.This is sad as @ 78 yrs of age and with limited mobility I so enjoyed it & it kept my mind active. Disappointed.

• Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 531Super Moderator mod

@Shepherdess78 said:
    My target this week is21280 which is impossible!! I am seriously thinking of giving up on words with friends as it is such an unfair system.This is sad as @ 78 yrs of age and with limited mobility I so enjoyed it & it kept my mind active. Disappointed.

We understand your frustration and we're doing our best on a solution for the Weekly Challenge goal to be attainable, this may take a few weeks to see the changes. Thank you for understanding.