Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weekly Challenges... Opt Out?

NoBiteNoBite CloudyliciousPosts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper

I know there is a place in Profile - Settings - Challenge that you can deselect "Weekly Challenge Updates" and "Display Badge on Photo". But, is there a way to completely opt out of the weekly challenges so that current challenge with the criteria, your progress and time remaining are not shown at all on your iPhone or iPad?

I have deselected the options listed above, but not sure the effect that is having as the current challenge is still showing up, even after I have refreshed the app.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

@NoBite said:
    I know there is a place in Profile - Settings - Challenge that you can deselect "Weekly Challenge Updates" and "Display Badge on Photo". But, is there a way to completely opt out of the weekly challenges so that current challenge with the criteria, your progress and time remaining are not shown at all on your iPhone or iPad?

I have deselected the options listed above, but not sure the effect that is having as the current challenge is still showing up, even after I have refreshed the app.

Thanks for any advice!

The option to disable the Weekly Challenge feature is still slowly being rolled out on iOS devices, @NoBite. We appreciate your continuous patience and understanding on this matter.

Thank you.

• NoBiteNoBite Cloudylicious Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper
  • redgsvette12redgsvette12 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I appreciate knowing that the team is working on a way of blocking the total weekly challenge program. While I have enjoyed the challenge and badges, the goals set are unrealistic.
    Last week I needed 4840 pts, this week it's jumped to 6540 pts, yet a frequent player has already received her badge with 290 pts. The game is suppose to be fun and seeing this is aggravating and annoying. I would prefer not seeing any reference to the weekly challenge then this silly goal setting arrangement. Thank you! bc

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

Appreciate your feedback regarding the Weekly Challenge requirements, @redgsvette12. I'll do my best to forward your concern to the team.

Thanks for your patience.

• BettieFisherBettieFisher Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I agree with the player here. The challenges are too hard so I stop paying attention and just play the dozen or so games I have going. But my point goal every week is 7000-9500. Yet I see other players have the badge the first day. Really? Sure doesn't add to the fun.

• cnielsen56cnielsen56 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I just tried to opt out of the "Summer Camp" challenge, as I am not interested in playing with "Camper Chris". However, all my other games disappeared. Can they be restored?

• linkshighlightslinkshighlights Posts: 1,318Registered User, Facebook Connect User Cream Corn Champion

@cnielsen56 First try logging out and logging in to see if they reappear. If not then open a trouble ticket with Support by clicking here ---> Support