Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Point difference for Weekly Challenge

MrDMrD Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Why do players have different point total on the weekly challenges? I have to get 4270 points on the Gingerbread House Challenge and my wife only needs 600.

Comments

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,020Super Moderator mod

Appreciate your feedback on this, @MrD. The Weekly Challenges vary depending on a player's progress from the previous ones. Active users who are consistently reaching the target will need to get higher points on the next, while the current goal of those who missed a week will be retained or decreased to help them catch up. I suggest to keep playing so you'll be able to get Badges. Best of luck!

• MrDMrD Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I think goals over 4000 are to much. That means a player would have to get the 265 words averaging 15 point to meet this goal.

I'll have your feedback forwarded to the team, @MrD. Thank you for your patience.

• JilnicJilnic Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I have been curious about this as well. I needed over 7,000 points to earn a weekly badge and several of my friends were earning that badge by day 2. That is when I realized they only needed between 100-3,000 points. These are friends who are frequent players and beat me on games often. I'm confused by how those points are factored in. I have to admit it's frustrating. :)
  • wordymcwordsonwordymcwordson Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Is there a points limit!?

I'm up to 19.5k points to be achieved in one week.

The very first day, I couldn't score points for 3/4 of the day.
    So I basically have six days, and need around 3500 points a day, which is ten games to completion.

I have maxed out the games I can have in progress, and most players I'm running into will play only 2-3 words daily.

I'm not a fan of how quickly the point requirement has jumped.
    I don't recall the exact numbers but it was something like 7k, 12k, 15k, and now 19k

This is ridiculous, I have friends who are getting badges for 900 points and they're done in one single day.

Surely there must be a limit, or is everyone forced to miss badges when the point requirement becomes too challenging every so many weeks?

It seems the current system will force higher and higher points till you fail, then you get moved lower on points needed, and you end up in a cyclical pattern of missing the goal every X weeks as the points increase again and again.
  • wordymcwordsonwordymcwordson Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    "Active users who are consistently reaching the target will need to get higher points on the next, while the current goal of those who missed a week will be retained or decreased to help them catch up."

So eventually you end up at a point where you cannot reach that point goal, and are penalized by missing a badge.
    This needs a fix.

Appreciate your feedback on the Weekly Challenge requirements, @wordymcwordson. I'll do my best to have this forwarded.

Thank you for your patience.

• deloris62deloris62 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

How do you determine the point total for the weekly challenge? Mine is always so high ! When others have a goal of 3,000 points to complete the challenge I am having to have 13-16,000.

Sofia, could you answer at least if there's a limit to how many points are required?

There's a limit on how many points one can obtain due to the limit on games open, and that players get up to 13 days to time out!
  • 13g12L__13g12L__ Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

My friends and I are frustrated by the goals we must achieve just for playing and trying our best. Now we are using small words, not playing as often, etc. and must admit, it's not fun anymore. Looking for another game. Sad. I've enjoyed WWF for several years. I wish you wouldn't give impossible goals. Thanks for letting me share.

@13g12L__ said:
    My friends and I are frustrated by the goals we must achieve just for playing and trying our best. Now we are using small words, not playing as often, etc. and must admit, it's not fun anymore. Looking for another game. Sad. I've enjoyed WWF for several years. I wish you wouldn't give impossible goals. Thanks for letting me share.

Appreciate your feedback on this and rest assured that this will be forwarded.

Thank you for your patience.

• Cindyb1572Cindyb1572 Posts: 0Registered User, Facebook Connect User New to the Forums
    The quota to earn badges rises iver time to a point it is no longer fun to make the attempt (too much work!) Friends, including myself, limit playing for 2-3 weeks waiting for the decrease. This seems very counterproductive. Couldnt there be a cap? We enjoy playing but if you must be put in 40 hours, it's no longer fun. Maybe players could select their goal for the week like 4Ones Poker does.
  • MollymouceMollymouce Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I am totally frustrated. I dont like the fact that if you meet a weekly challenge that the score for the following week goes up so high that it is unattainable. Therefore you miss that one weeks badge. It is really upsetting when it is a badge you want but also for April, everything is abloom I missed getting the extra badge because I missed a unreasonable expectation the prior week.
  • 13g12L__13g12L__ Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited May 11

I agree, Cindy. My friends and I have decreased words and limited playing but I still have a goal for over 12,000. Some people on my play list just keep theirs at minimum, play the few days until they reach their badge, then quit for the rest of the week. We've been waiting for the promised changes because we have enjoyed WWF for years. Now it's lost its fun...and challenge. Trying to keep our scores so low. I'm a shut-in and played Friends constantly. ☹️ Being a new widow I've not played anything besides Words. Would love some suggestions. Thank you.

Promises, promises...but not playing most of last week I still get an unobtainable goal today. My friends did too. Are you going to change this or just let us who participate in 'suggestions' just quit? We enjoyed a relaxing game of WWF with the small benefit of a badge. It's not very much fun anymore and certainly not relaxing. If it wasn't for my friends I wouldn't persist in trying anymore. Please forgive my 'comment' but can you answer a definite YES or NO, not just 'rest assured that this will be forwarded'? Thank you.

• MerryMerry Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    It's not fair how the point requirement keeps going up. I play the same amount of games and pretty much get the same points a week. A couple weeks I played a little bit more since I had more time and so ended up with slightly more points...Boom big mistake! I usually only play one time a day with many of my friends so it is impossible to reach the points needed for the weekly challenage. I wish that it was not even a feature now as I get frustrated looking at how I'm never hitting the goal!!

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!!!!
  • tazbudtazbud Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I hate that the points required goes up! It's not fair! I have to earn thousands of points to the exact same reward as someone who only has to play a lot less. The they can use their rewards to get ways to beat me. For example, I get 100 points and buy some swaps that I spread out over the 6 games I'm playing. Someone who is only playing one game against me can use all points on ways to beat me? It's not fair!!! It's actually PUNISHING your loyal players!!!! how is that good? Scrap the idea! Or at least make the rewards comparable to the points. If I have to earn 4 times the points, I should get 4 times the rewards. But I'd be happier if it was gone, replaced with a more obtainable goal for everyone.
  • my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 267Super Moderator mod

We understand completely your sentiments over the Weekly Challenge goal, @tazbud. This concern has already being reviewed by our team. It's also our intention to make it attainable for everyone. We'll do our best to have all your feedback forwarded.

• marcmanmarcman Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I am a longtime player (paid for the full app in 2010), and am extremely frustrated when week after week, my point goal to earn a badge is 4000 plus, while others earn the badge for as little as 300 points. I cannot come close to my goal total, and it never decreases.
    Please implement a fair point total that everyone can reach, or at least decrease our weekly requirements when we go for long stretches without obtaining a badge, due to the sheer impossibility of said point total.
    I've enjoyed this game for many years but these new additions are turning me away from playing.
    I also agree with others regarding the new cheat options being completely unnecessary, but as I don't use them, they don't bother me as much as the unattainable badges :/
    Thanks,
    Marc
  • Candi2545Candi2545 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

On Monday when the weekly challenge reset, it said I needed 9350 points and had to make 15 JQXZ words, last night it changed the badge and said I only needed 1 point. I have played several words with lots of points, it didn't give me the badge, so I figured, it means to score only 1 point, which believe it or not can be hard to do, you need a blank and a 1 point tile in just the right position to be able to do this. I have made two 1 point words in 2 of my games and it still isn't crediting me with the 1 point, frustrating to be sure, as I already despise the weekly challenge, but because I play on IOS I don't have the choice of turning it off.

• Candi2545Candi2545 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

As you can see from the screenshot it is saying 1 point for the weekly challenge.

• my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 267Super Moderator mod

There has been a glitch in the recent Weekly Challenge goal, @Candi2545. This is currently being worked on, so you should see the update after performing some troubleshooting steps. Here are the links for instructions: iOS, Android, and Web. We'll also forward your feedback regarding the inability to turn off the Challenge.

• brighnasabrighnasa Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Please fix this point difference thing on the badges. It's completely unfair and really unsportsmanlike to say one person only needs 500 points to achieve something while the person next to them needs 5000 points. I feel embarrassed earning them without trying when other players struggle to get them. I wish I could opt out of badges. It feels like cheating. I doubt this is what you intended when you implemented this.

• MsKarenMsKaren Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I love WWF and love the badges. My problem is that I jumped 7.000 points from one week to next. I feel it isn't fair since there are so many others so very low. I feel that because I have a lot of games and have gotten points I am being punished. The badges mean a lot to me. I'm not the only one who feels this way. It seems you would give more rewards to the people who have high scores. I now missed out on last week and this week for badges.
  • ZooRopa7ZooRopa7 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

agreed on the first post... it is unfair that I have to get 3610 points and my wife is around 400. It should be an equal challenge across the board.

• StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

Haha! My "challenge" is currently 10k+, but I knock that off in a day or two. Personally, I want to get rid of these stupid challenges completely, as they do absolutely nothing for the game, but despite having it unchecked in my options, it won't go away :-(