Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Short Video of Opponent's Word!

NoBiteNoBite CloudyliciousPosts: 83Registered User Dramachine

Seemingly randomly, I occasionally get treated to a short video of my opponent's last played word! This is only happening when I play on my iPad (iPad Air2, if that matters) and I cannot imagine what I am doing to trigger the video clip. It might be called a GIF actually as it is not long. I get a dark screen with a small video window in the middle. The word is displayed above and a definition is acted out in the clip. It is really a delight and I wish I could initiate this feature upon demand!

Can anyone tell me why/how this happens? Is it truly random or am I doing something unknowingly to trigger it!

Comments

• blissful_starblissful_star Super Moderator Posts: 36Super Moderator mod

That's correct, NoBite, it is a gif. It will display a fun image of the last word you played or searched once you shake your device.

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 697Super Moderator mod

Giphy/GIFs is one of the features added in iOS 10, @NoBite. When a player shakes his/her device after playing a certain word, a small video clip will pop up related to the term played. :wink:

• CarolHCarolH Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Need to be able to turn this off. I really don't want this

@CarolH said:
    Need to be able to turn this off. I really don't want this

I totally understand your concern and I'll do my best to have this forwarded. In the meantime, if you wish to make these GIFs go away, you may refrain from your shaking your device after playing a word. Thank you.

• NoBiteNoBite Cloudylicious Posts: 83Registered User Dramachine

This is really cool! Love it! I guess there's no way to know which words will activate the gif.

• blissful_starblissful_star Super Moderator Posts: 36Super Moderator mod

@NoBite said:
    This is really cool! Love it! I guess there's no way to know which words will activate the gif.

Glad you liked it, NoBite! Just shake your device after making a turn or searching for a Word.

• markhepburnmarkhepburn Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I truly dislike this feature. Just the act of putting my iPad down triggers it. And while it's not going to kill me to have to press on the screen one extra time to get back to the game, it still is one of those irritating features that ought to be user selectable

We'll certainly forward your concern, @markhepburn. Appreciate your patience on this matter.

• herizaheriza Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I've had an offensive image come up while playing WWF in public - soft **** of a woman's chest for the the word "HEAT". I want to turn it off. Please help.

Apologies for the inconvenience, @heriza. You may report these inappropriate clips by following the steps below:

1. Access GIPHY site here.
    2. On the search engine, look for the Word that showed the obscene GIF
    3. Click on "Report this GIF" and state your reason why these videos need to be reported.

While the team is currently working on it, I suggest to refrain from shaking your device after making a move so these images won't appear again.

Thank you for your patience.

• CrypticRockCrypticRock Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I can't find out how to share a gif directly with my opponent. I'm using iOS. Also, can you look up a different word and share that gif with your opponent? I'd look to look up something like victory and share that gif after a high scoring word.

@CrypticRock said:
    I can't find out how to share a gif directly with my opponent. I'm using iOS.

The option to share GIPHYs/GIFs with your opponents is unavailable, @CrypticRock. However, you may send these through iMessage or post these videos on their Facebook Timelines. I've attached a screenshot for your reference.

@CrypticRock said:
    Also, can you look up a different word and share that gif with your opponent?

If you wish to select other Words, just tap on the "arrow" button next to the image.

@CrypticRock said:
    I'd look to look up something like victory and share that gif after a high scoring word.

This would be a great addition to the game. Don't worry, I'll do my best to have this forwarded.

Thanks for playing!