Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to DELETE WEEKLY CHALLENGE PROMPT

DanaDana Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
I can't stand the weekly challenges and would like to get rid of it. I HATE it and don't appreciate feeling forced to participate in something for which I already enjoy and play, regularly. I can't play without seeing it and it makes me want to delete the app and start playing Scrabble.

Comments

• my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

@Dana said:
    I can't stand the weekly challenges and would like to get rid of it. I HATE it and don't appreciate feeling forced to participate in something for which I already enjoy and play, regularly. I can't play without seeing it and it makes me want to delete the app and start playing Scrabble.

Welcome here! I'll make sure that your feedback reaches our team. For the meantime, the Weekly Challenge can be turned OFF by disabling the Leaderboard; however, you have to take note that opting out from the Leaderboard will reset your earned Weekly points.

Have a nice day!

• sclosesclose Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Dear Zynga team,
    I'm with Dana! I love WWF, it's a great game and more stimulating than Scrabble. But I can't stand the weekly challenge. I play WWF to play my friends, not to be 'weekly challenged' and face additional pop-ups - I paid for the paid version to cut out pop-ups!

How can I disable the leaderboard?

Thanks!

Steve
  • Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

Hi, @sclose! Appreciate your feedback on Leaderboard and Weekly Challenge features. The option to turn them off is currently available on mobile. All you have to do is to tap on your Profile, then go to Settings. I've attached screenshots for your reference.

Leaderboard

Weekly Challenge

Happy playing!

• Needs2CashNeeds2Cash Posts: 16Registered User, Facebook Connect User Muffin

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now I can play without those irritating internal adverts on my ad-free version of WWF.

Glad to know you're enjoying the No-Ads feature, @Needs2Cash! :wink:

• JYH1223JYH1223 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I have disabled the weekly challenge, but I earned one of the annoying badges...how do I get the badge off my profile picture?

@JYH1223 said:
    I have disabled the weekly challenge, but I earned one of the annoying badges...how do I get the badge off my profile picture?

Appreciate your feedback on this. You may contact Support for further assistance by filling out this form. Don't forget to include your Username so they can review your Profile.

Thank you.

• ZebblerZebbler Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    Hi guys, I disabled weekly challenge updates and show badge notification, but still see the prompts for weekly challenges. I want to be on leaderboards to compare my scores to other people, but can't stand the badges - they are kind of meaningless and very distracting. Any way to shut them off for good but still see your scores on leaderboards?
    Also, when will Hindsight feature be back? I miss it tremendously, and have paid for quite a few of them... to have them all taken away...
    Also... Russian WWF please! <3
  • my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

Hello! Thanks for the feedback on the Weekly Challenge, @Zebbler. Can you give us the details of what game and OS version and device type you're using, including a screenshot of the game Settings? About the Hindsight, it was temporarily removed on Android, but already being slowly rolled out on iOS. Please stay tuned!

• timtim Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Can't make weekly challenge go away. I'm using iOS 10.2 and have followed the directions. . You can see that the only option turned on is sound. Any ideas?

Hello, @tim. The team has made some adjustments in this feature and the option to turn it off is currently unavailable on iOS devices. In the meantime, if you wish to prevent Badges from showing up in your Profile, you may disable it by tapping the "Display Badge on Photo" as shown on the image you've provided.

Thank you for your patience.

• james758james758 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I also do not like all of the banners on the opening screen which requires I scroll down to see what games require my or the opponent's move next. None of my games can been seen on the first screen. I want to get rid of as many banners as I can. The top banner is "+create game", next is "New Game by Words" (Boggle)...You should allow the users to opt out one time, and never show that banner again. Next in line is "Create Game" again (Facebook and Smart Match). We should be able to hide this permanently. Next is Spring Challenge. I don't want it and can't delete it. My screens look almost identical to Tim's above. I opted out of Leaderboard which made no difference as the Challenge still shows up. I also opted out of Weekly Challenges with no effect. Next banner is give Special Rewards. Why can't I opt out ?
    I have a Moto G4 Android Phone, Android version 6.0.1, and WWF version 5.111.2949

The "banners" you're referring to are built-in features in the game and the option to remove these are unavailable, @james758. As for disabling the Weekly Challenge, you may do so by tapping on your Profile, then go to Settings. I've attached a screenshot to help you out.

Thanks for your understanding.

• TheEyeGuy55TheEyeGuy55 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I have to agree with james758^. These banners are so incredibly annoying that I find myself playing less. I've read other posts where you folks say it is "built into the game" as though you can't remove it. That's just lame! Of course you can remove those banners, and should, before you alienate more of your user base. If you choose NOT to listen to us, you will lose us forever! The name ZYNGA will become synonymous with "DO NOT DOWNLOAD".
  • Candi2545Candi2545 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I didn't get my badge last week as I needed 8970 points, now this week I need 9750, what gives!!! I play on IOS and so far can't turn off the weekly challenge option. I took on more players so I could make the weekly goal. I know other players only have to score 2660 for this week and said maybe it's because I have so many players that's why I need so many points. I have never had the points stay the same if I didn't get the badge, usually decreased. Find this very frustrating and would really like to turn off the option of the Weekly Challenge.

• StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper
    edited July 2017

@Sofia Allianah said:
    As for disabling the Weekly Challenge, you may do so by tapping on your Profile, then go to Settings. I've attached a screenshot to help you out.

@Sofia Allianah , unfotunately, that does NOT work on all platforms - I have the Weekly Challenge unticked, and always have had, yet it's always there, always challenging me to do wonderful things, like "Score 11530 points" (about a day's play), or "Win 1 game" :-(

• StevePSheehanStevePSheehan Posts: 136Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

JFYI, re the above post, I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S Android tablet.

• Lynchjr12000Lynchjr12000 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I'm on an android device, Galaxy 6 phone, and have accidently closed the word of the day feature. How do I bring it back?
  • Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod

Hi, @Lynchjr12000. You can enable the Word Of The Day feature by going to the Settings menu as shown on the image below. Thanks.

• mmon64mmon64 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I’ve been playing WWF for years, which I paid for. Each new version I’ve been forced to download has been progressively worse with stupid options and pop-ups that I don’t want. I don’t your stupid challenges, promotions, word of the day, and any other swamp **** that I have to scroll through to get to my real games because of your so called ridiculous enhancements. I would gladly accept a refund and abandon this nightmare or better yet, you can pay me for all of this **** you imposed on me. Fix this app or give me a refund!!!!!