Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't play unblock player

sophmaetsophmaet Not a Title, but a StarPosts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
edited January 2016 in Ask a Player
sophmaet wrote: »
I accidentally blocked my friend and when I was finally allowed to unblock him I am unable to start a game with him. How do I fix this?

Hi sophmaet,

You can try having your friend send you a game request instead of you. You can also check the Zynga Account Management Tool to see if your friend is still blocked. Just log in using your username and password.

Comments

• Keisha Jones DavisKeisha Jones Davis Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited January 2016
    I am having trouble with this. I try to unblock someone but it said I have not blocked anyone. Help.
  • adam.m.wineradam.m.winer Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited January 2016
    I am having the same problem- I accidentally blocked a player/friend from Facebook, but when I go to manage my settings, it says that I have no blocked users to unblock. My Username is Adam.m.winer, my friend's is Germaine B.

Also, I can still see them on my Facebook friends list if I pull up WWF in Facebook on a PC, but when I try to start a game with them there, I receive a message that the individual is blocked- even though I show no blocked users in the Account Management Tool. Obviously a disconnect with the blocked users list associated with ID's for both Keisha and I. I hope someone can address this- frustrating that there isn't simply a "contact us" option for this applications, and that we're left to deal with it in forums.
  • HiddenGuardianHiddenGuardian Super Moderator Posts: 73Suspended User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited January 2016
    I am having the same problem- I accidentally blocked a player/friend from Facebook, but when I go to manage my settings, it says that I have no blocked users to unblock. My Username is Adam.m.winer, my friend's is Germaine B.

Also, I can still see them on my Facebook friends list if I pull up WWF in Facebook on a PC, but when I try to start a game with them there, I receive a message that the individual is blocked- even though I show no blocked users in the Account Management Tool. Obviously a disconnect with the blocked users list associated with ID's for both Keisha and I. I hope someone can address this- frustrating that there isn't simply a "contact us" option for this applications, and that we're left to deal with it in forums.

Hi Adam,

You can contact customer service by going to the Words With Friends Player Support page. From there click on the 'Get Help' button to check on available options to contact them. Thanks for reporting this and this will be relayed to the team.
  • Sarah FeatherSarah Feather Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited January 2016
    Did anyone manage to solve this problem? I've contacted support but still no reconnect. It's very frustrating.
  • Jintyme63Jintyme63 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I'm in same position..it's very frustrating..love the game but seriously thinking of deleting when I can't get to play my friend..
  • Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

@Jintyme63 said:
    I'm in same position..it's very frustrating..love the game but seriously thinking of deleting when I can't get to play my friend..

It's possible that you and your opponent have blocked each other, @Jintyme63. I suggest to access the Manage Block list (as shown on the image below) and check for your friend's name. Please advise him/her to do the same.

If you're still unable to create a match with him/her, please contact our Support team by following the steps provided in this article. Don't forget to include your Username and the person you wish to play with.

Thank you for your patience.

• KevB1990KevB1990 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Yesterday when I was trying to stop viewing a trailer I had a message pop up that I had blocked my mother. She's not in my blocked list, but I can't rematch and none of our games are appearing except completed ones. Please help and in the interim please fix the ads...that's really irritating.
  • LCBLCB Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

This seems to be an ongoing issue. Several people with whom I have started a game have not made a move. When I check it says the player has been blocked but when I attempt to "Unblock" them using the suggested way, it says I have not blocked a player.

When will this issue be fixed?

• Piers_FiddlerPiers_Fiddler Posts: 783Super Moderator mod
    edited September 2017

@KevB1990 said:
    Yesterday when I was trying to stop viewing a trailer I had a message pop up that I had blocked my mother. She's not in my blocked list, but I can't rematch and none of our games are appearing except completed ones. Please help and in the interim please fix the ads...that's really irritating.

@LCB said:
    This seems to be an ongoing issue. Several people with whom I have started a game have not made a move. When I check it says the player has been blocked but when I attempt to "Unblock" them using the suggested way, it says I have not blocked a player.

When will this issue be fixed?

Thank you for relaying this us, @KevB1990 and @LCB. We can help you with this concern by contacting our Support team, make also sure to provide your Username and the player's name that you want to unblock. Have a great day.

• ebonyoso53ebonyoso53 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited December 3

When attempting to use the Manage Block List, I enter my name and password and the system empties the boxes and will not sign in.

• wwegekers877wwegekers877 Posts: 181Registered User, Facebook Connect User Investigator

what the name of theere account ill look them up here