Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[BUG] - Loading or Connection error while playing

Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super ModeratorPosts: 1,009Super Moderator mod
edited August 2015 in Bugs & Reporting
Hey Wordies!

We are aware that some people are experiencing loading issues while playing on Facebook and/or encountering a connection error when logging into a mobile device. We are working hard to resolve these issues and we would like to thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

If you are unable to load your game while playing on Facebook and/or encountering a connection error when logging into a mobile device, we would appreciate if you could click the Fix it Zynga button at the bottom of this article, to let us know how many players are affected.

Thanks for your continued support.

Comments

• janinew30janinew30 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited September 2016
    Everytime the advert for the dictionary appears my app freezes! I have had to reload the app 5 times today. I have got a Samsung 7. Please can someone help? This is getting really annoying??
  • Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,009Super Moderator mod

@janinew30 said:
    Everytime the advert for the dictionary appears my app freezes! I have had to reload the app 5 times today. I have got a Samsung 7. Please can someone help? This is getting really annoying??

Appreciate the report and I'll do my best to have this forwarded. In the meantime, you may try performing these basic troubleshooting steps to help stabilize your connection.

Thank you.

• joeybleujoeybleu Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Finally a place to leave a comment. I had to pass through 5 Security gates to get here. The game isn't cycling. I've had to Uninstall and reinstall every day since Wednesday of this week.

The game is not a word game. Words all have definitions . Words acceptable to wwf with no definition are tiles placed in some way to get a score.

The game is gender biased. That is an acceptable word. So why isn't **** accepted? All sorts of stuff and slang is acceptable so why not Quim.

This is the first time I've been able to communicate.

The game software lies. It says that there's a problem with the connection that's true. Then it says that the turn is saved. That's a lie. It says it's their turn but it's not their turn it's my turn.

So I know that now. When I get that obtuse otiose answer I just find the game when I get a chance and play the turn.

Now I have finished my comments. No doubt .
  • joeybleujoeybleu Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I hope I won't be forced to interact with Facebook. They data mine slant the news sell people like corn and wheat. BurgLars use the things people say on that horrid site to steal. Employers buy data from Facebook and use it to screen out unqualified applicants but I don't think Facebook has any right to **** it's members privacy. So please understand I don't have any desire to be on Facebook.
    S l u t was asterisk out why. **** asterisked out why. Gender bias.
  • saidmesaidme Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Just lately I've been having a problem...after I make my word, the send button freezes (it pulsates) and I can't even go back to the home page where it shows all my games I have on the go. Very frustrating! I have to shut down my I-pad and restart. Does anyone else have this problem?

• saidmesaidme Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Hi Saidme again....the problem is after I've made a play, the "next" button freezes.

• SusanMSusanM Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Freezing happening with me too. Super frustrating.

@saidme said:
    Just lately I've been having a problem...after I make my word, the send button freezes (it pulsates) and I can't even go back to the home page where it shows all my games I have on the go. Very frustrating! I have to shut down my I-pad and restart. Does anyone else have this problem?

@saidme said:
    Hi Saidme again....the problem is after I've made a play, the "next" button freezes.

@SusanM said:
    Freezing happening with me too. Super frustrating.

Performing basic troubleshooting steps may help you get back on track, @saidme and @SusanM. Please refer to the links below for instructions:

Troubleshooting Steps for iOS
    Troubleshooting Steps for Android
    Troubleshooting Steps for Web Browsers

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

• PattyKentPattyKent Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I lost all of my games and my profile when attempting to unblock a friend. How can get them back? Also, I've been told that someone else is playing in my absence. How is that possible?

@ParryKent said:
    I lost all of my games and my profile when attempting to unblock a friend. How can get them back?

Appreciate the report, @ParryKent. Are you playing on your mobile device? If so, please try reconnecting to your account to retrieve your progress. Here are the steps for iOS and Android to walk you through.

@ParryKent said:
    Also, I've been told that someone else is playing in my absence. How is that possible?

Can you tell me more about this? Did you notice anything unusual aside from your missing games and Profile?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

• PattyKentPattyKent Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    A friend who also plays WWF's told me that someone was playing, as me. Also, my name is Patty Kent. I misspelled it as Parry Kent. Many thanks for your help.

@PattyKent said:
    A friend who also plays WWF's told me that someone was playing, as me. Also, my name is Patty Kent. I misspelled it as Parry Kent. Many thanks for your help.

You're welcome. I've sent you a Private Message regarding your concern and Forum Username :)

• gfunkwhatgfunkwhat Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I'm having an issue with the mobile app (iOS)- when I click on a game the screen goes white and there is a red bar at the top that says No Connection. I have deleted the app and reloaded it to no avail. I can click on other things within the app and it's fine, only happens when I try to click on a game. I'm logging in through Facebook and it seems this has been an issue in the past. Anything I can do to fix it? Is this issue popping up again for others? Help!

Appreciate the report, @gfunkwhat. Please make sure that you have a very strong internet connection so you'll be able to play properly. You may also perform these troubleshooting steps to help you get back on track.

Let me know how it went. Thanks!

• gfunkwhatgfunkwhat Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

A few days ago, when I went to play a game and clicked on it, the screen went white with a red bar at the top saying "No Connection." I log in through FB, so I'm guessing the issue might be there? I've logged out and back in, I've closed the app, deleted the app and re-downloaded it, all to no avail. When I close the app and reopen it I am able to click on everything else and it works fine, only when I try to play a game does the error come up. Anyone else have this problem and know what I can do? I've seen posts from a few years ago when this was happening, saying it's just a bug that had to be worked on. I'd really like to keep earning my badges this month so I can be entered in the sweepstakes and this is not helping!

@gfunkwhat said:
    A few days ago, when I went to play a game and clicked on it, the screen went white with a red bar at the top saying "No Connection." I log in through FB, so I'm guessing the issue might be there? I've logged out and back in, I've closed the app, deleted the app and re-downloaded it, all to no avail. When I close the app and reopen it I am able to click on everything else and it works fine, only when I try to play a game does the error come up. Anyone else have this problem and know what I can do? I've seen posts from a few years ago when this was happening, saying it's just a bug that had to be worked on. I'd really like to keep earning my badges this month so I can be entered in the sweepstakes and this is not helping!

Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've performed, @gfunkwhat. Could you take a screenshot of the exact error so I can pass that over to the team? To upload it here, I've attached an image to walk you through.

Thanks!

Here is an image of what I am seeing. Thanks for getting back with me so quickly!

I'm hoping the upload works this time...

@Sofia Allianah I tried the one thing from your troubleshooting page that I had yet to try, resetting my phone, and it works now! Thanks for your help!

@gfunkwhat said:
    @Sofia Allianah I tried the one thing from your troubleshooting page that I had yet to try, resetting my phone, and it works now! Thanks for your help!

That's awesome! Welcome back!

• starshipstarship Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Hi guys. I'm having difficulty in getting the app opening on my iPad. I have restarted my iPad couple of times but no success. I'm getting the notifications like when someone has nudged me or made a move but when I try to open the app only the blue blank background screen comes up and doesn't go beyond that. I have closed the app after that like how it's suggested on your trouble shooting page and tried to open the app again but all it comes up with is the blue blank background. I have lots of games and most importantly the friends list so would hate to miss them all. Is there any way I can save the current games and friends list should I have to uninstall and reinstall again? Any help please?

Oh forgot to mention...I play logging in through my gmail as don't have Facebook

@starship said:
    Hi guys. I'm having difficulty in getting the app opening on my iPad. I have restarted my iPad couple of times but no success. I'm getting the notifications like when someone has nudged me or made a move but when I try to open the app only the blue blank background screen comes up and doesn't go beyond that. I have closed the app after that like how it's suggested on your trouble shooting page and tried to open the app again but all it comes up with is the blue blank background. I have lots of games and most importantly the friends list so would hate to miss them all. Is there any way I can save the current games and friends list should I have to uninstall and reinstall again? Any help please?

@starship said:
    Oh forgot to mention...I play logging in through my gmail as don't have Facebook

Appreciate the report, @starship. Downloading the latest app version (4.30) on App Store may help you get back in the game.

Thanks Sofia. Would downloading the latest app version (4.30) still take me back to my already running games? Hopefully there is a way to get back to them (and the friends list!) with this upgrade? Don't want to regret as I do not know how I can back up before uninstalling the current version. I use my gmail to log in to words. Any help?

@Sofia Allianah said:

@starship said:

@starship said:

Appreciate the report, @starship. Downloading the latest app version (4.30) on App Store may help you get back in the game.

You can still retrieve your progress after updating the app, @starship. As long as you're connected to the correct gaming account, everything should be fine :wink:

Let me know how it turned out.

Thanks Sofia. I did not do any upgrade but the old seems to have opened up correctly now when i gave another try so all good :) thanks heaps for replying so quickly!

@Sofia Allianah said:
    You can still retrieve your progress after updating the app, @starship. As long as you're connected to the correct gaming account, everything should be fine :wink:

@starship said:
    Thanks Sofia. I did not do any upgrade but the old seems to have opened up correctly now when i gave another try so all good :) thanks heaps for replying so quickly!

@Sofia Allianah said:

Yay! That's awesome. Welcome back! :smile:

• ReneesmeReneesme Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    having issues trying to play a friend. I checked my block list and she is not listed there. Can someone help me? The error says the name does not exist...similar to what some people have listed above as a problem.
  • Toni ShannonToni Shannon Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

When game loads, it is not centered, and I cannot place tiles. Only seeing one half of the board.