Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOLO play

Odie2KingLOdie2KingL Loose CannonPosts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
edited March 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hi Odie2KingL!

That's a great suggestion we can share to the team. Thanks for sharing! For now, please do enjoy playing while we do our best to improve the game for you.

Don't forget to like our Fan Page here too. Thanks!

Comments

• Laura BendixsenLaura Bendixsen Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2015
    I absolutely agree. There should be a beg, int & advanced option.
    Now it holds no challenge.
  • SanSoleilSanSoleil Super Moderator Posts: 7Suspended User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for sharing your feedback on this, Laura Bendixsen! :)
  • Eric J. BeckEric J. Beck Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited March 2015
    Odie2KingL wrote: »
    We now have the Word Strength meter. Why can't the game use this to play a better SOLO game? SOLO play is almost useless because the computer plays so stupidly. Please use the Word Strength meter to help SOLO play better. Thank you.

Ultimately, it makes it no fun to play...
  • Susie Awerkamp ArvisoSusie Awerkamp Arviso Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited April 2015
    Can someone tell me how to access SOLO PLAY? I have searched and looked every place possible at this site to find out how I can get Solo Play. Nothing comes up.
  • HiddenGuardianHiddenGuardian Super Moderator Posts: 73Suspended User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited April 2015
    Can someone tell me how to access SOLO PLAY? I have searched and looked every place possible at this site to find out how I can get Solo Play. Nothing comes up.

Hi Susie,

Solo Play is available only on iOS and Android devices. You can find it on the main screen of the game after you have loaded it. I'd like to ask if you're referring to getting it on the web version or is it missing from your mobile version of the game?
  • Terri KasmochTerri Kasmoch Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited May 2015
    I am new to Words With Friends and have been playing the solo play. I am confused as the computer is playing words like "eme" across with the e making another word down that is not a word. It is "ef"
    When looking up eme it said it was a noun suffix.
    Is this allowed?
    The real issue for me is the "ef". It says its the letter "f". Is this allowed?
    I guess since I am new to this game I should have a better understanding of what is allowed.
    Where can I find the complete instruction guide for this game?
  • RainicornRainicorn Super Moderator Posts: 310Suspended User Unstained Chieftain
    edited May 2015
    Hello, Terri Kasmoch!

Welcome to the forums and to Words with Friends! If you're playing via Web, you can check the Game Rules by clicking the Help button at the upper-right corner of the page then click Game Rules. For the Mobile version, tap your Profile > Help > Learn to Play then scroll to the bottom then tap Rulebook.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Solo Play. Let me know if you have further concerns. For the latest game updates, you may visit our Fanpage and Help Center.

Have a great day!
  • BikeknitBikeknit Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited September 2015
    It appears to me that the problem with solo play is that the computer doesn't play defensively. It frequently sets you up with easy access to triple words and other high point plays. So while it may use obscure words that I would never come up with I still always win.
  • numbermaniacnumbermaniac Cloudylicious Posts: 70Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited September 2015
    I am new to Words With Friends and have been playing the solo play. I am confused as the computer is playing words like "eme" across with the e making another word down that is not a word. It is "ef"
    When looking up eme it said it was a noun suffix.
    Is this allowed?
    The real issue for me is the "ef". It says its the letter "f". Is this allowed?
    I guess since I am new to this game I should have a better understanding of what is allowed.
    Where can I find the complete instruction guide for this game?
    EF is a word. If you use the dictionary function, any words that give you a definition are valid words.
  • charliebodycharliebody Loose Cannon Posts: 7Registered User Loose Cannon
    edited September 2015
    I once tried playing as for as low a score on each hand as I possibly could so that SOLO would have to beat me. It was silly, but fun.
  • David SangerDavid Sanger Learning the Ropes Posts: 19Registered User Muffin
    edited October 2015
    I agree that it is way too easy. An advanced playing level would be great, though you would have to program strategic game play.
  • NoBiteNoBite Cloudylicious Posts: 131Registered User The Pesky Helper
    edited October 2015
    I am new to Words With Friends...

Welcome! You may be new to the game, but you have already identified the main weakness of the game! Playing Solo is perhaps the best way to identify this weakness, which is the game dictionary. Yes, you will soon find a great many "words", some abbreviations, some anacronyms, and some foreign derivations of English words that are all accepted in this game. There is no apparent rhyme or reason why some of them are accepted but similar others are not! Thus, on these forums you will also find several threads bemoaning this weakness and urging for using a more standard dictionary. Wait until you come across the words that are accepted but have no definition yet! Hahahaha!
  • Bava50riaBava50ria Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited November 2015
    I enjoy playing solo play because it moves along quickly, until it doesn't! The last few days have been very frustrating. Instead of a word being generated every two minutes, it can be hours!! My primary "complaint" is the use of proper names, foreign words, obscure (to say the least) words, abbreviations, spelling variations etc. Too many times I've had to look words up and been unsatisfied with these words being allowed. All that being said, I enjoy solo play very much.
  • CalithaCalitha Forum Traveller Posts: 1Registered User
    edited March 2016
    I would like to know why, when playing Solo '****' is not allowed but EE is? Also words that Solo uses are not admissible on the web game?
    FYI **** is in the http://wordfinder.yourdictionary.com/ showing points in Scrabble and 'Words with Friends' but I was not allowed to use it!
  • kierkankierkan Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

i just started playing solo play and the computer played a last word to win that does not make sense to me... it gave itself more than double the points i count and won by 5 points .... lol

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

@kierkan said:
    i just started playing solo play and the computer played a last word to win that does not make sense to me... it gave itself more than double the points i count and won by 5 points .... lol

Appreciate your feedback on this.

• DebbieYDebbieY Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I love Words with Friends Solo. Competitive. BUT last 4 games there's no challenge. Always was competitive in score, now Solo is atleast 200 below. WHAT HAPPENED?? Very disappointed.
  • CzacharCzachar Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

About 2 weeks ago, playing against the computer became just way too easy. Why?

Is there a way to increase the level of play?

• cliffthurbercliffthurber Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I have also found that Solo became mysteriously uncompetitive recently. Can you restore the stronger Solo play?

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

Hello, Wordies! Your concern with the Solo Play feature has already been reported to the team.

Thanks for your patience.

• DebbieYDebbieY Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Yay, Solo play is fixed! Thank you!
  • davidsdavids Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
  • my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

Hi @davids! If you're pertaining to active games, they all can be opened under the "Your Move" and "Their Move" sections. But, if your question is on how to start a Solo Play match, this can be done by going to "Create Game" tab, then select the "Solo Play" option.

• Jumbuk464Jumbuk464 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I think solo play isn't, meant to be defensive. I use it to develop my knowledge of rarely used words. However I can't understand why "****" and "****" are acceptable but "Jews" is not. Is there a reason for this?

Proper nouns are unaccepted in the game, @Jumbuk464. Here's an article link that you can open for more details. Can you also tell us what those two words that you've mentioned in your previous message, so we can have it checked? Thanks.

• unstoppableunstoppable Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Was playing solo play on my tablet for over a year, since Sunday nite it disappeared. Miss my daily activity. Tried but not back yrt.

• ctussaudctussaud Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I have an archaic Solo game on my phone which is now 180 days old. I have Rematched, but that game has never disappeared. How do I get rid of it?

Performing some basic steps may help in resolving your concern, @ctussaud. Please refer to these links for instructions: iOS and Android. You can update us anytime.

• borispapborispap Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited May 10
    How does the Solo bot get away with using "peroxy" as close enough to "proxy" and "feaze" for "faze" as shown on the "dictionary"!