Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Off-topic discussions here

HiddenGuardianHiddenGuardian Super ModeratorPosts: 73Suspended User Black Sheep of ze Internet
edited May 2014 in Game Discussion
Hi Word Pros!

You can discuss non-game related topics here for the meantime. While the topics here are anything goes, please be reminded that the Rules of Conduct
still applies. Cheers! :)

Comments

• namvet1namvet1 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I'm using "Words With Friends" and the icon says "Words Pro". I don't want to upgrade to "New Words With Friends" because I like the old version. I don't have the problems other players have with the new version. I've read way too many bad reviews on the new version to want to upgrade.

I have 4 problems with the old version.
    1. Messages disappear and I have to close the app and re-open it and then try and find which game had the message so I can read it.
    2. My Stats are wrong. The number of games I've won to the games I've lost is way off.
    3. I can't write a Review, because I don't use the upgraded version, "New Words With Friends". I'm told I have to buy it or have it installed before I can write a review.
    4. If something goes wrong with the old version I'm using, I can't delete it because I can't download it again from the App Store. It's not available anymore!

I would pay to upgrade the Stats, but if what stats I get for free are wrong, then why would I believe the paid upgrade would be correct?
  • my sweet innamoratamy sweet innamorata Posts: 347Super Moderator mod

Welcome here, namvet1! Thanks for letting us know about your issues with the classic version, as well as your feedback about the new version. Some issues with Chat and Stats are still being investigated by the team. You can refer to these links: Chat and Stats. Otherwise, our Support team can further assist you with your issues. You can reach them through Support and click on "Contact Us" button.

We understand that some players preferred the classic version; we also encouraged that the new version be tried because of its new features that the old one doesn't have, such as: free Word Strength, Playing Now, and the recent rolling out of the option to turn OFF the Weekly Challenge and Playing Now, and more improvement to come soon.

Thanks for continuously playing!

• KevMan2112KevMan2112 Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Bring back Community Match or provide a refund to all who have paid for the app!!!
  • PixiePowerPixiePower Community Manager Posts: 49Community Manager mod
    edited August 2016

Hello KevMan,

We have reported your feedback regarding the Community Match.

We've deleted some of your less friendly comments to at least one of our forum moderators. While we understand your frustration with recent game changes, please note that it's against our rules to be abusive or disrespectful to members of our forum. This includes staff. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Please see our rules as a reminder: http://zyngaplayerforums.com/wordswithfriends/discussion/3161264/zynga-community-forums-rules-of-conduct#latest

Thank you

• NatalieNatalie Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    My question is, I don't want a Facebook page, can I play words without it? If so, how?
  • Merle SkiltonMerle Skilton Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I want to start by saying I love Words with Friends. However, I am seeking answers as to how my opponents are allowed to use certain words while I am not. Why my dictionary definitions show a message saying there are no definitions in my language yet.(English). Words others are allowed whilst I am not are: oo, ee, vu, bama etc. I feel I am fighting an uphill battle. How does fairness come into play when the playing field is not level. I have posed these questions before to the team but have not had the courtesy of a reply.

• Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

@Natalie said:
    My question is, I don't want a Facebook page, can I play words without it? If so, how?

Hi, @Natalie! If you have a mobile device, you may download the game on App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android). However, you still need to be connected to your Facebook or Gmail account in order to save your progress. :wink:

@Merle Skilton said:
    I want to start by saying I love Words with Friends. However, I am seeking answers as to how my opponents are allowed to use certain words while I am not. Why my dictionary definitions show a message saying there are no definitions in my language yet.(English). Words others are allowed whilst I am not are: oo, ee, vu, bama etc. I feel I am fighting an uphill battle. How does fairness come into play when the playing field is not level. I have posed these questions before to the team but have not had the courtesy of a reply.

Appreciate the love and dedication, @Merle Skilton. If you're playing on your mobile device, there are some instances that words may be invalid and won't be accepted in the game because players tend to select foreign languages (UK English included). The validity of terms depends on your current match's settings. I suggest to check on this first before creating games or accepting invites. I've attached few images to help you out.

Friends' default languages

Through a game invite

Nonetheless, I'll take your concern as a feedback and pass it over to the team.

Thanks for your patience.

• David1710David1710 Posts: 43Registered User, Facebook Connect User Grasshopper
    is it just me or is the fun going out of WWF? Firstly there is obviously a problem with the weekly challenge. Badges are being earned easily by newer players who have inky been playing a couple of months, where as older players appear to be having there targets set (and remaining) high. I have also noticed that I can. I long review the words that have been previously played during a game. This has now be replayed by the number of coins you have available. Then the coins were first introduced, they were earned relatively easily. Since the coins have been available to purchase, the free award of coins has reduced greatly. I feel the game is far less even now with the power ups that are available. It's clear the more power ups a player has the bigger their advantage.
  • Sofia AllianahSofia Allianah Super Moderator Posts: 1,070Super Moderator mod

Thank you for your feedback, @David1710. Your concern with the Weekly Challenge is still being worked on by our developers. As for the Coins and Power-Ups, these features are currently on a slow rollout to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• MWVirkMWVirk Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Hello I'm new here and the reason is that I'm looking for the game "looney tunes dash"
    I was playing is earlier but now it's not available in Google playstore so I've downloaded it from net and install. Still the problem is that I cannot connect it to Facebook since I've the old profile where I was on level +100
    Any one can help why it's not available on playstore and why I cannot connect to Facebook.

Thanks.
  • dougieboydougieboy Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Can you please provide an opt out of the rewards function? Really irritating and get in the way of game play.
  • TerriCTerriC Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    I hate the new update I have lost ppl around the world that I have played with for yes :( How do I get the old version back?
  • TerriCTerriC Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    I'm new here and not sure how it works, will somebody answer me and let me know what I need to do to get the old version back?
  • adevilishariesadevilisharies Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    I see scammers on your site that I will not play with. How can I report them? I cannot use the standard abuse form since we are not players. Thank you
  • bev10462bev10462 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I’m frustrated that proper names and abbreviations are allowed. Why? Examples are Shriver. The definition basically describes Lt. Shriver. I can’t begin to list abbreviations and foreign words. There are too many..
    And valid words I use are not recognized, such as Spaul. Why?
    Thank you