Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Words with Friends - Feedback Thread

Debi BentleyDebi Bentley Not a Title, but a StarPosts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
edited February 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Kindly advise if there is any possibility to use old version of wordweb??? becoz new version is'nt attractive half of the screen (page) is hidden dont like it.....pls advise???? :confused: :( :mad:

Comments

• gbjohnw53gbjohnw53 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    I concur with Joshua777. New format is garbage, in my opinion. Looks 'hinky,' don't like having to constantly scroll.
  • seals7bjseals7bj Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User New to the Forums
    edited April 2014
    at least you could see the whole board to play on!
  • RainicornRainicorn Super Moderator Posts: 310Suspended User Unstained Chieftain
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for sharing all your thoughts! I will surely forward your feedback to the team. :)
  • eyemgenieeyemgenie Learning the Ropes Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    I know nothing about a new version of WWF, what I do know is I haven't been able to play it on my computer and I can't seem to get any help which is no surprise from Zynga. The thing is I paid to play the game on my computer, and on my iPad, iPhone so if you can't seem to help me then I'd like my money back just for my computer and I'll just continue to play it on my iPad and phone.
  • CarrieDeBehnkeCarrieDeBehnke Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    I am truly about fed up with the ads after every move. It's ridiculous, especially when the same ad keeps repeating. Does the ad HAVE to cover the game board?? Can't you at least put them off to the side so the game can still be played? My game experience has been ruined. Really, Zynga, how much $$ is enough?
  • sedpatsedpat Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    I don't like the fact that, with the new version, results are automatically posted on Face Book. I don't think any of my friends care if I scored big on a triple or whatever!
  • LisaBobLisaBob Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    The new Words with Friends is awlful!!!! WTH happened???
  • Linda Hampton WadolnyLinda Hampton Wadolny Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    The "NEW" wwf is unplayable!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Half the screen gets cut off with facebook and there is no way to move the screen to be able to see the rest of the game board
  • Phoenix1960Phoenix1960 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited April 2014
    I really like the old version of WWF. The "new look" is terrible. I don't like the dictionary feature. The "new look" doesn't fit the screen well. All in all, go back to the old version.
  • aliassashaaliassasha Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    Agree with every former post. Whoever developed the "new" wwf program must have been high. If this does not get fixed quickly, I'm sure that WWF will lose many players. I have over 20 games waiting for me and I cannot play them. Bring back the "old" WWF. This is a prime example that "new" is not always "better".
  • Jennifer DownsJennifer Downs Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    There's no way this new game will work! Why fix something that's not broken! I can't see the whole board!
  • aliassashaaliassasha Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    Change it back!! The "new" WWF totally sucks and is unplayable!! I have games waiting for me to play!!!
  • Vickie FiorentinoVickie Fiorentino Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    Totally screwed up...can't see the entire board unless I make it so small I need to use a magnifier. this looks like a circus game now.
  • pxdouglapxdougla Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    The new format is terrible! It does not display properly on my screen and is visually very difficult to see. Please change it back!:mad:
  • brick1212brick1212 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User New to the Forums
    edited April 2014
    I don't like the new format: I always rearrange my letters alphabetically, or put my S at the end or my blanks at the end. I hate that I can't rearrange now!!!
  • Mick OlsonMick Olson Muffin Posts: 15Registered User Muffin
    edited April 2014
    What happens when you try to play?
    edited April 2014
    Do you get the "Send This Words With Friends Request ?" box from FB?
  • reme ikisreme ikis Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User New to the Forums
    edited April 2014
    new here. i absolutely agree! since the "new version" loaded, i don't even have a FULL SCREEN anymore! so i can't even scroll to different parts of the board - which i wouldn't WANT to do anyway! nearly a THIRD of my screen is just for the game status, the right side - not quite a third - still taken up by apps, rec pages and such as b4...which leaves LESS THAN HALF of my screen for the actual game! AND don't even have a navigation bar across the bottom of the game so can SEE much less USE the last 3blocks on the right of the board. so my games are now just sitting there, w/me unable to play them! NOW WHAT?? please PUT IT BACK the way it was! =^,,^=
    edited April 2014
    I might be able to help with "...the last 3blocks on the right of the board...". What are you playing on? OS & Browser, please.
  • reme ikisreme ikis Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User New to the Forums
    edited April 2014
    Mick Olson wrote: »
    I might be able to help with "...the last 3blocks on the right of the board...". What are you playing on? OS & Browser, please.

XP and firefox
    edited April 2014
    You have the browser window maximized, right?
    If so, what is the size of your screen?
  • rlw_61rlw_61 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited April 2014
    I have played this game for a long time. But as it stands I will no longer play. I am totally dissatisfied with this NEW look to Words. I can only see half of the screen and half of my letter tiles. Really upset and don't understand WHY you would want to try to change something that was fine the way it was!!!!! If it isn't changed back I pretty well guarantee you will loose a lot of players in the near to come future. Especially me ! I'm really going to miss this game.:mad:&:(
    edited April 2014
    You have the browser window maximized, right?
    If so, what is the size of your screen?

yes maximized. on laptop, actual screen size 7.5 x 12". just fyi, am currently a computer **** - afraid brain surgeries robbed me of working brain...
    edited April 2014
    Ok. One more thing the problem is that the "ticker" on the right side of your facebook page is covering the game right? If so, try the changes to Firefox you find here..... http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-hide-the-facebook-ticker/

LMK if that works. Well, especially LMK if it doesn't work.
    edited April 2014
    Ok. One more thing the problem is that the "ticker" on the right side of your facebook page is covering the game right? If so, try the changes to Firefox you find here..... http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-hide-the-facebook-ticker/

LMK if that works. Well, especially LMK if it doesn't work.

just fyi - haven't tried it yet - is way too late, i'm way too tired and brain dead right now! BUT think it may've just gotten weirder, not sure! logged on to another account w/permission - THAT account's WWF was fine - so does this mean it's NOT my computer, but my FB ACCOUNT?? far as can tell, BOTH have gone thru the recent f/b changes.

oh oh - but don't think the OTHER account has had the notif/request to "update" WWF yet! i tried to IGNORE it, but then it wouldn't let me play...and now i can't! so 6 of 1...

when logged back into my acct, THIS TIME i did have a [now can' remember what it's called...] the slidey-bar thing that lets you move up/down and left/right...i did have one at the BOTTOM of the game this time BUT it was BLANK w/no bar to move, and the arrows were grayed out, so STILL can't actually use it to move i. may be WAY OFF here, but am wondering if the "ticker" is actually overlaying the game or not, since it DOES have a slidey-bar thing between them, if you know what i mean. don't think am explaining it very well. do you really think if i do manage to close the ticker that the game will then "fill out" the screen, thereby giving me access to the whole board?

i don't feel like any of this is making any sense - like i'm actually brain dead or something this late! =^,,^=
    edited April 2014
    "Do you really think if i do manage to close the ticker that the game will then "fill out" the screen, thereby giving me access to the whole board?"

Yeah, I think so. That's how it worked on my notebook anyway. My other computers
    have larger screens so there is enough room.... unless the window is not maximized.

You explained things jes' fine.
    edited April 2014
    There's a simpler solution...
    Right click on the game board
    Click "This Frame >"
    Click "Show only this frame"
    Done!

Use "Back" if you want to see the ticker.

Still.... nice to know the ticker can be eliminated
  • Melissa DewarMelissa Dewar Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited April 2014
    that is the same problem I was having. just tried it thanks it worked
    edited April 2014
    Yup, the game is ugly, now. Couple of useful new features but ugly.
    You can fix the screen problem if you use Firefox if you want.
    (I'm sort of guessing that I know for sure what's wrong.)

Right click on the game board
    Click "This Frame >"
    Click "Show only this frame"
    Done!

Use "Back" if you want to see the ticker.

There's another way to fix Chrome.
  • Jennifer DownsJennifer Downs Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited April 2014
    I have to reduce my screen to 75% to see the entire board, and that makes it too small for me. I play Word Trick too, but might just drop WWF because I don't like the new board!