Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of spam emails telling that your account will be receiving Poker rewards.
Click HERE to know more about it.

Player Guide: Sit 'n Go Tournaments

star star moonstar star moon The Side Pot SageRegistered User Posts: 257 Gabby Enthusiast
edited November 2015 in Guides & Poker Strategy
I find all of your posts very helpful...Thanks

Comments

• star star moonstar star moon The Side Pot Sage Registered User Posts: 257 Gabby Enthusiast
    edited January 2010
    If you find any mistakes, or have an idea on clarifying parts of it, or you think I've missed anything important. Please comment.
  • KenboiKenboi The Chosen One Registered User Posts: 98 Chocolatier
    edited January 2010
    Hi this is my sit'n'go tournament guide...

YOU HEARTLESS BEAST!!! YOU'RE NOT HAVING THE HOUSE, KIDS OR DOG! OR THE CAR! I HATE YOU! YOU'RE DESPICABLE!!!!

(Flounces out of the room, slams door so hard all the glass in the windows falls out.)

It's that arch schemer and nemesis Auntie Debs who put you up to this, isn't it? :D

...and why isn't this tournament guide a 'sticky' yet?
    edited January 2010
    Kenboi wrote: »

...and why isn't this tournament guide a 'sticky' yet?

...I hadda go 'n open my BIG mouth, didn't I? :rolleyes:
  • Bella SeraBella Sera Super Moderator Registered User Posts: 46 Building Expert
    edited January 2010
    ...I hadda go 'n open my BIG mouth, didn't I? :rolleyes:

Just tryin' to keep you happy, Kenboi. :D
    edited January 2010
    Auntie Deb wrote: »
    Just tryin' to keep you happy, Kenboi. :D

Oh you have, dear, sweet angel. I'd like to give you some Honey as a treat. Smooth and warm and plastered all over. I will, too, as soon as I can remember where I left those blasted ants...:D
  • godberanigodberani Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 15 Muffin
    edited January 2010
    great post...thanks for sharing :)
  • Uncle OzUncle Oz Elite Member Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2010
    Well I had to come see this post after it was mentioned in another thread, and I have to admit I don't think I could have done better myself to be honest, barring one thing of course is the spelling mistake:

"Also known as Sit’n’Goes, tournaments are 9 player games which have fixed by-ins and only"

You see in this context you should have rather used the word buy-ins :rolleyes:

I hope you see it in the humorous spirit it was said, :D
  • Uncle OzUncle Oz Elite Member Registered User Posts: 4 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited January 2010
    :):):)Oh and one more thing, you have now made me hungry for some real poker so I'm off to play a sit and go!!!:):):)
  • star star moonstar star moon The Side Pot Sage Registered User Posts: 257 Gabby Enthusiast
    edited January 2010
    cheers for the heads up on the typo, I've ammended it.
    edited January 2010
    cheers for the heads up on the typo, I've ammended it.

Thank goodness you're reasonable about having little errors pointed out Star. There's another one, if you don't mind me saying, that could do with correcting.

It's the bit just after 'hi...' and just before the last word, 'hands'. Deleting everything in-between those two points would make for a better document, in my opinion...Shorter, snappier and easy to read...:D:D:D:D:D:D
    edited January 2010
    and easy to read...:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Just wondering, that is six smileys in a row. Is that not repetitive gibberish. Auntie D has a sharp eye, that might get you an infraction ..boi:D
    edited January 2010
    It's ok kenboi, nobody reads it anyway. darn there are some woeful players at the sit'n'go just now

I'VE GOT AN ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLL INNN!!!!!!!!
    edited January 2010
    ...Auntie D has a sharp eye, that might get you an infraction ..boi:D

Compared to Auntie Deb's eyesight a hawk is the Mr McGoo of the avian world!

Lubs u, Auntie Deb...****
    edited January 2010
    It's ok kenboi, nobody reads it anyway. darn there are some woeful players at the sit'n'go just now

Yay! (Cartwheels, fireworks, marching band and cheerleaders) Ka-Ching!

Like the poor, I suspect the numpties will always be with us...thankfully.

As to your guide not being read, I definitely have to disagree. There's a lot of players, recently at the sit 'n goes who play smart and I have to struggle to place, now! For that situation you know you have my thanks...:p
    I'VE GOT AN ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALLL INNN!!!!!!!!

Oh, they're sweet doing that when I have pocket AA. I could adopt them and take them home to meet mummy.
    edited January 2010
    You win with pocket ACes? Are you slipping the devs some sweetners. I just fold pocket aces now, saves on the vets bills
    edited January 2010
    You win with pocket ACes?

Not always...but the rub is just often enough to keep you taking that gamble.
    ...I just fold pocket aces now, saves on the vets bills

Depends on what kind of day I'm having...sometimes all premium cards are just junk and I'm only there to supply the other players with chips, it seems. Then I'm more likely to fold them and refuse all pre-flop raises.

Aye, the vet bills...the neighbours show them to me after they've retrieved their poor, drop kicked moggy. I tell 'em a big boy did it and ran away...:D
  • kkepkkep Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 1 Loose Cannon
    edited February 2010
    If you find any mistakes, or have an idea on clarifying parts of it, or you think I've missed anything important. Please comment.

Well I just read the first paragraph and I found a mistake. You do not have to win all 9000 chips. You just have to beat all the other players to finish first. Often players get bumped or just leave. Which then makes it impossible to win all 9000 chips. Yet you still win the tourny and the first place prize.
    edited February 2010
    There is a special circus in **** reserved for the pedants.....I am the ringmaster
    edited February 2010
    There is a special circus in **** reserved for the pedants.....I am the ringmaster

OOO! OOO! Auntie Deb! If it's not too late please add 'Ringmaster' to suggested new ranks, please? I likes that one...And no, I don't wanna go to the circus, thankee...
  • CoolDogzCoolDogz Clueless Cookie Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited February 2010
    Thanks Kindly for that information. I am in agreeance, lets play POKER !;)
  • jurnalpokerjurnalpoker Pumpkin Registered User Posts: 6 Loose Cannon
    edited April 2010
    thanx for sharing...:cool:
  • dhkanedhkane Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I find it helpful to click the word "fee" so that you can arrange the table stake size grouped together in an orderly manner, rather than scattered or mixed, it's easier to find the table you want to play on. It usually goes from high stake tables to low stake tables.

Always "hide" the empty tables and "hide" the running tables. It clears out the clutter and you will find the table you want much easier.

Always "refresh your screen" before you join the table you want. It may say 3 of 9 players at first, then when you go to the table, its full or has a couple of seats left open.

Then go ahead and find a table to play on.
  • killermouse1974killermouse1974 Loose Cannon Registered User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited June 2010
    Thank you
    extremely helpful
  • howshamm07howshamm07 Black Sheep of ze Internet Registered User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star
    edited July 2010
    Great post, love it. Ty :)

I love playing the Sit & Go's, purely because it requires more concentration, more skill to read and adjust to the game and the lack of 'bingo' players means for good competition.
  • casskane007casskane007 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 2
    edited July 2010

Love your very informative post on sng's. I just started playing them and have been doing pretty good, but most of all enjoy the actual sense of playing POKER, not bingo. LOL. One question though...once you sit at a table, and it's taking a while to fill up and end up not having time to play, do you lose your buy in and fee if all the seats aren't filled yet and you stand up? Happened to me the other day on a 50K buy in, and when I asked the 3 other players on the table in the chat box, they didn't know either. Thanks a lot...enjoy reading your postings Star. BTW...ended up playing that 50K game out and winning!:D
  • Jason CooneyJason Cooney Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Congrats on your win!!!

No, you don't lose your buyin if you leave the table before it's full.

Once it's full though....you're commmitted :eek:
  • casskane007casskane007 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    Thank you...and thanks for the info. No one seemed to know the answer to that. Much appreciated!;)
  • AADWHAADWH This Space Is Available Registered User Posts: 12
    edited August 2010
    How many hands can you let the timer run out before getting booted?

Most online poker sites will let you automatically fold or check for an unlimited amount of hands.
  • Jason CooneyJason Cooney Cloudylicious Registered User Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Currently you'll get booted if you let the timer run out 5 times.
  • h4llw4lk3rh4llw4lk3r Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 3
    edited September 2010