Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of spam emails telling that your account will be receiving Poker rewards.
Click HERE to know more about it.

New Sit-N-Go Format

lgr1111lgr1111 Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
The new sit-n-go format is terrible. Whoever made this decision should be terminated. I played this tournament multiple times everyday and now that stops. The sit-n-go was much better playing than having to play with the jackass people who go all in every hand. Actually will probably delete my account. FO Zinga!

Comments

• carrowmancarrowman Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Horrible, please change back

• fyreman235fyreman235 Fisherman Posts: 80Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited August 25

Let me get this straight. In the new five player format, if you take the buy-in out of the winnings, first place makes two buy-ins and second gets his money back. So you collect five buy-ins and pay back two. House take 60%. Prove me wrong or my sit-and-go career is over...possibly my Zynga career!

• larryg85375larryg85375 Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

You keep fixing things that ain’t broke. Please change back.

• smileandhaveanicedaysmileandhaveaniceday Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Terrible Change. You need to go back to regular 9-player format.

• SteveASteveA Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

This new sit n go format is ridiculous and I will not play any more tournaments until this changes. I don not know who made this decision, but it was a really bad one.

• dumdumdumdum Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited August 26

OMG SIT AND GO was not broken it was the only good thing left in the game has been destroyed!!! The only place I could still play and win a tiny bit, the only place anyone with ANY understanding of the actual game of poker could play against the massive amount of hackers and teams as well as fake profiles ! Zynga you are like a person with body dysmorphic disorder! You have made yourself look greedy and desperate and really pathetic... change everything back to the way it was, please.

• celiahumceliahum Posts: 32Registered User Forum Traveller

@fyreman235 said:
    Let me get this straight. In the new five player format, if you take the buy-in out of the winnings, first place makes two buy-ins and second gets his money back. So you collect five buy-ins and pay back two. House take 60%. Prove me wrong or my sit-and-go career is over...possibly my Zynga career!

House takes 5 buy-ins and pays back 3 (2 for winner and 1 for 2d). I think it's indeed best if you end your SNG career as your mathematics aren't quite up to the game. ;)

edited August 26

By the way; I actually like the 5 player format, because it's less influenced by mad all-in idiots. In case of a 9 player table you may well have to claw your way back from a 5 or 6 times buy-in deficit against the all-in survivor, while playing with 5 will leave you at most at an 1 to 3 deficit situation, which is easier to win back. So when I want to have some real fun I'll choose playing 5.

• Michele_ObamaMichele_Obama Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

It’s not uncommon for me to literally fold my way to third place in a 9 man sit and go…

I’ll fold almost anything to stay out of the circular firing squad you often see on hand #1…

Tight is right… you can’t win the tourney early on… you can only lose it…

The 5 man format makes you gamble more… that’s not a plus for skilled players…

@Michele_Obama said:
    It’s not uncommon for me to literally fold my way to third place in a 9 man sit and go…

Before the app started monitoring inactivity (and kicking you out after 5 missed hands), I could just join a 9 SNG table, leave everything and 15 minutes later return to check I'd ended 2d or 3d.

The 5 man format makes you gamble more… that’s not a plus for skilled players…

It's not just gambling. Less opponents gives you the opportunity to play more hands. In Heads up you'll play almost everything...

• znygaballznygaball Posts: 64Registered User This Space is Available

ok people the 5 player isn't permanent, you must play a few rounds of 5 player to unlock 9 player

• CalamityCalamity Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

@znygaball said:
    ok people the 5 player isn't permanent, you must play a few rounds of 5 player to unlock 9 player

@znygaball how come then I played a 9 player earlier then a couple of hours later was back to 5?

• znygaballznygaball Posts: 64Registered User This Space is Available

ok go to the top of the page as it happened to me once, it sometimes goes back to 5 player, click on players and switch too 9

• Frank_pokerFrank_poker Posts: 132Registered User The Pesky Helper

After a few rounds you can play Sit'n'Go with 9 players

• RichardWRichardW Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I feel the new layout is TERRIBLE. It takes uo too much memory ; is harder to talk to players and see their stats. Was this thought out at all. Very frustrating since I used to enjoy playing - not anymore

• Alphonso_tenthAlphonso_tenth Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

The way the blinds accelerate now is ridiculous. It is just a game of luck at the end now. Very little skill at all. And, of course, the format is terrible as many people have mentioned. Chatting is all but impossible. If this doesn't change back soon, I will be done with Zynga. I enjoyed it before because in the high level sit n go's, you could actually play against good players. Not any more. All you can do is try to survive, and hope to get lucky at the end.

• smileandhaveanicedaysmileandhaveaniceday Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

FYI, I recently posted a complaint here about the new 5 player sit-n-go. BUT, I just realized there is an option before you join the game to choose either a 9 player or 5 player sit-n-go. So, 9 player is still available. I think it just defaults to 5 player. Have fun!

• SpartanacusSpartanacus Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    Wow, it would be nice if I could see what I am betting on a little longer. Can'the believe nobody else mentioned this

Change it back.