Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of spam emails telling that your account will be receiving Poker rewards.
Click HERE to know more about it.

Get rid of the Buddy is online message!

GinaSMSGinaSMS PumpkinPosts: 17Registered User Muffin

First off, it stays there too long. Second, if you click the x, it sometimes refreshes the board. Also, if you click it, it sometimes clicks on the sit n go table!! Get rid of it! (plus, it pops up every two minutes!

Comments

• FrauKlitFrauKlit Posts: 24Registered User Delightful Duckling
    I cannot agree more. There is an option in the setting on the iOS version under “push notifications -> friends activity” sure when this is unchecked these annoying popups should not come, the notification blocks the top part of the screen. You can’t see the players or their hands. And what’s wise is that the x is spotting, it has happened to me 2 times in 2 days that I have jumped to the table when x was hit. Then there’s no way back unless you happen to have a friend sitting at the previous table. Please fix this ASAP as it is the most annoying of many annoyances with this new version and the game in general
  • impopeyeimpopeye Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Yes get rid of it or at least stop it from popping up continually every few seconds to a minute or so. We don't need it with the notification in the lower left corner. I have had the same problems with it as Gina and FrauKilt. I have the iOS but can't find the Poker "settings" link to try unchecking the "friends activity". I don't want to change my settings in Facebook.

• JayeJaye Posts: 6Registered User Loose Cannon

I agree get rid of the buddy-on-line pop ups plz

• jonlargojonlargo Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
  • jimbenentjimbenent Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Get rid of the "Buddy is online" message. 1. It interferes with the play. 2. It covers up opponents hands. 3. Who cares? I am already in a game. 4. Have the "buddy is online message" only appear if user is in the lobby.

• splitharesplithare Posts: 6Registered User Loose Cannon
    I have asked Zynga about this with no answer. They tell you to do this but it doesn’t work. Turning off all notifications is their suggestion. LOLROFLMBO!!!!
  • Chevyz71Chevyz71 Posts: 6Registered User Loose Cannon

'TURN OFF TAUNTS' I don't need some slap-nut half-wit buying gifts, non-stop just to distract me. Make it simple, if I select 'OFF' then I can't buy any either. Problem solved.

• wildburpwildburp Posts: 11Registered User Pumpkin
    @GinaSMS Check my post.
    http://zyngaplayerforums.com/poker/discussion/3166383/remove-friend-joins-to-eliminate-transfers#latest

> @GinaSMS said:
    > First off, it stays there too long. Second, if you click the x, it sometimes refreshes the board. Also, if you click it, it sometimes clicks on the sit n go table!! Get rid of it! (plus, it pops up every two minutes!
  • prysmsprysms Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I totally agree GET RID OF IT!!! Like others have said it blocks the top of the screen and you cant see the players hands Also it pops up constantly I am forever hitting the x to get rid of it. It is very annoying and distracting from my game. I hate this!!

• MrBillMrBill Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

Agree with all...it pops up every second if there is one player that wants you to join. Cannot see the top of the board and cannot click quick enough to go back to the Lobby.

• sonny1sonny1 Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

The new app is the worst thing that ever happened at Zynga, esp the notification banners

• AkosiAkosi Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I've removed all my buddies because this is so annoying. Every half minute a large banner like notification pops up blocking the cards of 2 players above. You can't ignore it coz you can't see the cards. So you need to close it every 30 secs. And there's no option to disable this? WTF. idiots.

• BryanjellBryanjell Posts: 5Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    I've been telling them for 2yrs now, they keep sending back and telling me to go to settings and disabled notification. It doesn't stop it at all! I have mentioned it to them at least a dozen times and get the same answer! I email them back and tell them that I disabled it over 2yrs ago and don't get a reply back.
    2yrs now, dozens of times, and still nothing? Tells me, that it's there to disrupt our play on purpose, and the only thing I can think of why they won't fix the problem is because, they set it up like that on purpose to cheat you out of money, which I found a few other tactics to have us lose and also ways to not succeed to higher levels, they put in place their own fake players in the top of the league's, sometimes up to 10, usually less than that! The fake player's will have a quite a bit of chips to where you would need to win close to over half of the amount of required chip's to get to the next level! For an example; you need to get 1 billion chips to get to the next level, the fake player's will have $500,000,000 already and if you go and check each one of them they will have the exact same stats, it's so Blanton, that the odds of them all played only 5 hands to win that much all at the same time same amount of hands played and every other stats the same? The last time I saw it, they switched it around just a little bit by changing their amount of chips each had, basically 1st place would have1 billion and the rest would count down maybe 80million less but, still would have more than enough to block even the most seasoned player to get past that, and the only way you can possibly be able to do that? Is to pay real money and buy chip's from them to be able to get passed them.
    And that's exactly how and why they cheat you out of chips. Along with having their thousands of fake player's posted in our game's, their fairly easy to spot also, just tap on their icon and check their like and buddy's amount, the fake player's(not all of them)will have more likes than buddies and usually a unique name of corresponding to the game of poker! Like Dueces, Joker, Bluffing erc. I have over a thousand names of questionable player's, their stats and other things, their are more than one player that shares the same name and is very difficult to keep track of them.
    So! It's been 2yrs of you and I complaining about the banner and they haven't addressed the issue! Not even try to say anything here on the discussion page?
    If you go check their Ratings and look at the remarks in the low1 star ratings, you'll see, thousands of complaints on these issues and how many of them got rid of the APP
    That there tells me that they do it to cheat you out of chips, why else would they want to keep losing the player's? Because they know that they have more people signing in the APP than they have leaving.
    I'll probably get blocked from playing the APP after posting this, and if I do? I have all these things written down and have a lot of screen shots for proof! I'll be asking for all my money back that I have put into their site. And if they refuse, I'll Lawyer up and see if I can't get a class action lawsuit against them.
    I tried for 2yrs of trying to get this fixed and they decided not to address the problem that many other's have tried to do also.
  • BryanjellBryanjell Posts: 5Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    I thought I'd for sure would of gotten some kind of response from Support or anyone from Zynga? They might have lowered the amount of chips from what I was getting, so if that keeps up, I'll be cutting out and spend my money on a different poker APP. It use to be fun playing here I even had them at a 5 Star'srating at one point, i proceeded to lower it down to 3 Star's, they use to be on the job helping out with their bugs, they don't seem to care about doing anything with the banner! Doesn't make sense in keeping it, unless of course it was a design to have these distractions just for the sole purpose of us to lose!