Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of spam emails telling that your account will be receiving Poker rewards.
Click HERE to know more about it.

What do I do about players at my tables, sending me donkeys and other bad things.

MsPurple47MsPurple47 Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but I’m not. I m in the room winning and there are a couple of people talking to each other in a different language. All of a sudden I’m getting bombarded by these to by everything bad they can throw at me.it is very embarrassing i can’t understand what they are saying but I could still it was not nice. They were men . It has happened quite a lot lately. Not by just them by others also. A couple af females too. I’m getting sick of it. I don’t know if I will continue playing on this site. I don’t know what I’ve done that is so wrong as to make them hate me. I am a stupid poker player. But I love to win and I’m good at it. Can you please tell me what to do??

Answers

• t_mrsict_mrsic Pumpkin Posts: 17Facebook Connect User Muffin
  • MsPurple47MsPurple47 Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

@t_mrsic said:
    Reach level 100 or 200.

• MsPurple47MsPurple47 Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
  • Sam MawiSam Mawi Pumpkin Posts: 24Registered User Delightful Duckling

it means keep playing until u reach level 100 and u ll get 1 trophy that makes u immune to all those gifts.

• kashanhkashanh Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    How do you know when you have reached level100?
  • st0pitst0pit Posts: 12Registered User Pumpkin

Replace your gift with a "trophy" from your " My items"

• Susafish57Susafish57 Posts: 29Registered User Clueless Cookie

It's too bad the taunting gifts get out of control like this. I like to send coffee in my morning games and then champagne to the last three at the sit n go table. It's just fun. Other than that, I just like to play and appreciate others who do the same. If I start getting harassed I just move on...no fun in that or the "all in bullies."

• LRS56LRS56 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 6Registered User Loose Cannon

Just keep deleting the donkey and enjoy it when they keep replacing it. It costs you nothing, it costs them 10k a shot. Who's the real donkey then?

• dumbdudedumbdude Posts: 10Registered User Pumpkin

Personally I politely thank them for the generous gift! Then if they haven't blocked receiving gifts I buy them a beer! I'll text them that they are too kind! They are only trying to upset you and goad you into making poor decisions by trying to get at them by betting foolishly and taking their chips! Don't give up your poker face to a player with far less skill than you have! I have had mixed responses doing this! Some players will loose their focus of play because they failed at getting to me and leave the table within a few hands! I have had players immediately send me a beer or some other nice gift and pretty much apologize for being a stupidiot! Sometimes the player actually turns out to be a really good person and we have befriended each other! We can only play the cards that we are dealt. Sometimes when we are on that winning streak and seems that the poker gods are smiling on you! Players get wrongfully offended and react without first thinking! The real person that they should be **** at is the dealer!

• battencourtbattencourt Posts: 54Registered User This Space is Available

The funny trophy in the new version (dekstop version) is gone

• ZyngaAdminZyngaAdmin Posts: 4Administrator admin

Commonly described as “Bingo” or “Donkey” play, an opponent who deliberately goes all-in is disruptive and does not contribute to a fun poker environment. While consistent all-in behavior does not demonstrate fair play, the rules of No Limit Texas Holdem does allow it.

There is never a sure way to win at high-risk poker play, if you do encounter a bingo or donkey player, we recommend the following:

Immediately report the profile for security review (See steps below)
    Change poker tables and/or stakes
    Continuously fold and remain patient
    Do not call more than the big blind
    Do not succumb to repeat re-raises
    Do not participate in high-risk poker play without a premium hand
    Play Sit & Go tournaments. There tends to be less horse play in tournament play.

Reporting A Profile For Security Review:

On the Web application:

Click on the profile to open up the profile window
    Select 'Report Abuse' (Located in the lower right hand corner)
    Select the appropriate categories
    Describe the abusive behavior in the entry field
    Click on report to complete the security report

On a mobile device:

Tap on the profile to open up the profile window
    Tap 'Report Abuse' in the profile card (Located in the lower right hand corner)
    Tap on 'Report'
    Select the appropriate categories
    Describe the abusive behavior in the entry field
    Tap on 'Select' to complete the security report

• RickDM_93RickDM_93 Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    I'm at level 186 and do not have a trophy that blocks gifts.
  • WorleyWorley Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    I also got bombarded by a player who sent me several text basically saying I'm not playing like I'm real. Kept getting, " report bot abuse pic and several variations of that. I don't really know what that means or what autoplaying is or how/why you would want to. PLAYING is the fun part of poker. Being close to 50 and former service, I know how I play. If I play to fast or fold 100 times in a row that's my business; or so I thought.
  • QueenBQueenB Posts: 8Registered User Loose Cannon

It doesn't bother all of us. And you shouldn't let it bother you. Chances are it's some kid who's trying and obviously succeeding at getting under your skin to throw you off your game. Honestly, it only feels embarrassing to you at that moment. But is it affecting your daily life negatively or emotionally...Its someone you don't know and will probably never know so f 'em!

• BeaumackBeaumack Posts: 18Registered User Muffin
    Just ignore everything. They are looking for a reaction. Don't give them one.
  • TracycTracyc Posts: 9Registered User Loose Cannon
    You should just change your settings to not to receive gifts I actually find it funny when I get one cos it's wasting their money not mine
  • DiamondDiamond Posts: 5Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I find some players in this game of Hold Em to be obnoxious as it to me is a game to be enjoyed but this is the nature of this game and a true indication of someone's personality.

• ccmimoccmimo Posts: 40Registered User Grasshopper

You are probably winning I am guessing