Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of spam emails telling that your account will be receiving Poker rewards.
Click HERE to know more about it.

Jump Poker Blinds

HoosierTimberHoosierTimber Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I have noticed that when playing Jump Poker, I am placed in the big blind way more than what random chance predicts. I decided to track 100 hands. Since it is a five handed table I should average around 20% for each seat. Here is what I got.

Button: 1%
Seat 4: 11%
Seat 3: 33%
Big Blind: 51%!!!!!!!!!
Small Blind: 4%

Since I play 50K/100K blinds, 100 hands should "cost me" $3 Million in blinds. It actually cost me $5.3 Million! Obviously, only have the button one time in 100 hands cost me winnings too.

Does anyone have insight to what is going on?

Tagged:

Comments

• widget77widget77 Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    I've noticed and been HUGE-ly annoyed by the same thing. I usually keep a running total in my head of the last 10 hands and typically I'm posting BB 6, 7, or 8 times out of 10 hands. NEVER less than 5 out of 10. With 5 players at the table who are presumably posting BB's at the same rate, this suggests that either multiple players are posting big blind in the same hand... or most of the "players" are not players at all. I suspect the former, since in many hands, multiple players simply call the BB, instead of instantly folding so they can jump to a better hand. Not sure how this is advantageous to Zynga -- maybe it's prohibitively data-heavy to have thousands of players zinging about between tables, clogging up servers and bandwidth. Maybe it makes the platform more stable... less buggy... less prone to disconnects? Still, it's annoying AF and lends credibility to all these other claims of fraudulent practices.