Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of spam emails telling that your account will be receiving Poker rewards.
Click HERE to know more about it.

Please disable buying gifts for others and stop herassment

badbeatsbadbeats Posts: 35Registered User Learning the Ropes

I have achieved enough to get a trophy but after be promoted my trophy disapeared. I dont like when players buy me things, I feel harassed and stalked.
In this day and age some types of 'gifts' can be construed as harassment.
1. A perfect example is buying "FRESH FISH" for a alleged female player.
2. 2. Buying a player a "BOX OF TISSUES" non stop to send them in a poker-rage.

Please stop this option before someone losses their top. I actually had a player stalk me threw my first name and profile pic to Facebook and say he was coming to get me. I reported this to the police and they are still investigating.

the whole concept needs to be revamped to reflect today's society's views. not to harass and and be deming as it is being used now.

my 2¢

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New to the Forums

Hi, badbeats! I will let the team know about your suggestion. Also, I want you to know that I understand your sentiment. I learned that sometimes, sending items is also a way to distract your opponent to beat them. But if it becomes too much, you can always report their profile to our Poker Support team by sending them an email via [email protected].

With regards to your missing Trophy, I recommend that you create a ticket so that they will be able to check your account and solve this matter. Thank you for your patience.

• Vega68Vega68 Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

This morning I had a player continually harassing me. I muted him after I won a hand and he said "even gays win now and then." He was able to continue the harassment by removing the gift I would buy for myself and replace it with a more insulting item. I could not send him a gift back to make it even. Thank you.

• Emerald JadeEmerald Jade Super Moderator Posts: 705Super Moderator mod

@Vega68 said:
    This morning I had a player continually harassing me. I muted him after I won a hand and he said "even gays win now and then." He was able to continue the harassment by removing the gift I would buy for myself and replace it with a more insulting item. I could not send him a gift back to make it even. Thank you.

There is a "Report Abuse" button that you can use to report each abusive player. You can check it here on how to file a user profile. Thank you.

• Zeagate007Zeagate007 Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    not fair game, you just lost chips if you buy.... be carrefull!!!!
  • pocket_aces21pocket_aces21 Posts: 8Registered User Loose Cannon
    Grow the **** up, you feel harrassed because someone sent you a dead fish gift??? Thats the whole point you, same with the donkey symbol, i see nothing but bad players and i send them the donkey symbol, if you feel threatened by that i dont know how to help you, you think players should be banned because your a baby?
  • ScooterCatScooterCat Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    The table "gifts" need to be removed completely. They do nothing but encourage abuse, harassment, and poor sportsmanship. And it is the people who are immune to the table items due to having trophies who are being the most abusive.
  • Susafish57Susafish57 Posts: 29Registered User Clueless Cookie

I think table gifts should stay but with option of toggling the off and on. If you toggle that feature off, you shouldn't be able to send either. I like to sendgifts to the whole table not to harrass but as fun. I like sending champagne to the last three winners in Shootout if I make it.

• TMCDTMCD Posts: 1Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    Pocket_aces21,

You're the kind of @s$ that harasses people. You think your actions shouldn't be criticized & you shouldn't have to be respectful. You think someone is a bad player, fine... but why do you have to be an a-hole? You think someone's a donkey fine but why send it 8,000 times in a row? The ONLY reason anyone would do that is because they like being disrespectful & like **** someone else off. I think you're the baby for trying to defend childish behavior. Who do you think you are? If you were such a great poker player then why aren't you out there playing REAL high stakes poker? There's always someone better. Guys like you think are the real babies. You need to grow the **** up and stop acting like you're still in junior high.