Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of spam emails telling that your account will be receiving Poker rewards.
Click HERE to know more about it.

Is this a Scam that came to my Inbox?

CraxyDavidPCraxyDavidP Posts: 16Registered User Muffin

I recieved an inbox on here and to my email address, saying this. I have hid some of the details to stop others getting scammed. Is this a Scam?

If yes, how do I report it and to whom? Cheers

Comments

  • CraxyDavidPCraxyDavidP Posts: 16Registered User Muffin

    Just had another, seems this Forum has been hacked. FacebookGames sent you a message So if you get one of these ignore them, they a Scam. And Zynga should be making sure these are removed immediately

  • ccmimoccmimo Posts: 40Registered User Grasshopper

    If you click this link the certificate encryption is ok AT FIRST but if you click on claim now...takes you to enter username and password back into facebook and encryption isn't secure And I thought these promos would never ask for a password and you have to enter even if you have a password manager for facebook or your system - So Help from the experts cuz this girl is flipping out a bit...thanks (link attached)

    btw - surely tons of players have received, right?

  • Drumberry CheesecakeDrumberry Cheesecake Super Moderator Posts: 405Super Moderator mod

    Thanks for reporting this to us, ccmimo! This is clearly a phishing account and now has been banned. Please always remember that Zynga will never direct you to a site or link to input your Facebook credentials. For more information on how to protect your account, feel free to visit this link. Keep safe and have a great day!

  • ccmimoccmimo Posts: 40Registered User Grasshopper
    edited October 2016

    Thank you for that I went ahead and secured up my f/b account and changed password and sent to support as well

  • Drumberry CheesecakeDrumberry Cheesecake Super Moderator Posts: 405Super Moderator mod

    @CraxyDavidP said:
    I recieved an inbox on here and to my email address, saying this. I have hid some of the details to stop others getting scammed. Is this a Scam?!

    If yes, how do I report it and to whom? Cheers

    @CraxyDavidP said:
    Just had another, seems this Forum has been hacked. FacebookGames sent you a message So if you get one of these ignore them, they a Scam. And Zynga should be making sure these are removed immediately

    Hi CraxyDavidP! The said accounts were also suspended. Feel free to PM us (Forum Moderators) if you have encountered any suspicious posts or mails. Thanks!

  • tuff1tuff1 Clueless Cookie Posts: 72Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet

    RewardsCentre
    is the user name of the messages
    I didnt click on the link and Id advise not to do so.

    You are my favorite forum user, glad we had this discussion.
    -T 1

  • tuff1tuff1 Clueless Cookie Posts: 72Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet

    You are my favorite forum user, glad we had this discussion.
    -T 1

  • tuff1tuff1 Clueless Cookie Posts: 72Registered User Black Sheep of ze Internet

    the last post above here was a screenshot of the message preview

    You are my favorite forum user, glad we had this discussion.
    -T 1

  • Delaina2uDelaina2u Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

    I was hacked in March of this year thru zynga facebook account and now there is someone who has sent me 3 messages through this forum and two of the accounts are banned and the third one is still showing new user and they are trying to get me to click a link for free facebook money for games or a game code I just want to bring it to the attention of everyone so they can keep their money safe. The name of the person who is not yet banned is Games.. here is what I copied and pasted. I guess to put it nicely I dont need this ****. The other 2 messages show from banned accounts with these user names:FacebookGames, and GameeCard with same message as below but accounts banned.

    Games
    Congratulations you are lucky to get a $25-$500 facebook Credits.
    CODE : ZK4…
    1 message 1 new October 23

  • CraxyDavidPCraxyDavidP Posts: 16Registered User Muffin
    edited October 2016

    Thanks I also got this from Zynga support, its the obvious, but a good reminder for people. luckily I always check first
    Hi David,

    Precautions to safeguard your computer and mobile device from hackers and other threats should always be taken to protect your information.

    To protect your account from potential threats, we recommend the following precautions:

    • Do not click on suspicious links offering "free chips"
    • Do not download suspicious applications or bookmarks advertising free items
    • Do not insert your Facebook credentials into random or suspicious websites
    • Be cautious of fake or suspicious fan pages promoting free chips and gold
    • Change your passwords frequently and create different unique passwords for different sites
    • Install an antivirus /spyware program
    • Do not open email messages from unfamiliar senders or attachments you do not recognize
    • Integrate a pop-up blocker within your browser
    • Keep your operating system up to date
    • Regularly clear your internet cache and browsing history
      Be cautious when navigating the internet. It is your responsibility to protect your information.

    Regards,

    Zynga Player Support

  • t_mrsict_mrsic Pumpkin Posts: 17Facebook Connect User Muffin

    How to make a virus and send it in a message? Easy! :wink:

    User called RewardsCentre probably sent me a message with a virus. Could you please do something?

    Thanks in advance. :smile:

  • rws1200rws1200 The Pesky Helper Posts: 65Registered User This Space is Available

    is this a legit page from Zynga..it says I am able to collect 1 billion chips with a link

    http://zyngaplayerforums.com/poker/profile/RewardsCentre

  • Drumberry CheesecakeDrumberry Cheesecake Super Moderator Posts: 405Super Moderator mod

    @CraxyDavidP said:
    Thanks I also got this from Zynga support, its the obvious, but a good reminder for people. luckily I always check first
    Hi David,

    Precautions to safeguard your computer and mobile device from hackers and other threats should always be taken to protect your information.

    To protect your account from potential threats, we recommend the following precautions:

    • Do not click on suspicious links offering "free chips"
    • Do not download suspicious applications or bookmarks advertising free items
    • Do not insert your Facebook credentials into random or suspicious websites
    • Be cautious of fake or suspicious fan pages promoting free chips and gold
    • Change your passwords frequently and create different unique passwords for different sites
    • Install an antivirus /spyware program
    • Do not open email messages from unfamiliar senders or attachments you do not recognize
    • Integrate a pop-up blocker within your browser
    • Keep your operating system up to date
    • Regularly clear your internet cache and browsing history
      Be cautious when navigating the internet. It is your responsibility to protect your information.

    Regards,

    Zynga Player Support

    Thanks for sharing this, CraxyDavidP!

    Hi Aces!

    You may have received one or more mails from RewardsCentre, GameCard, GameeCard, and FacebookGames regarding Facebook credits, billion Chip rewards, etc. Those are unauthorized mails and not associated with the team; please ignore and delete them. You may also visit this link for more information on how to protect your account. Keep safe and have a great day!

  • Poonam KapoorPoonam Kapoor Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 62Registered User This Space is Available
    edited October 2016

    GameeCard October 23
    Congratulations you are lucky to get a $25-$500 facebook Credits.

    CODE : ZK41-TAIK-****

    Facebook Credits The quick and easy way to get items in your favorite games and apps on Facebook. limited time immediately grab your bonus.

    Facebook, Inc.
    1601 Willow Road
    Menlo Park, CA 94025

  • Poonam KapoorPoonam Kapoor Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 62Registered User This Space is Available

    I THINK ITS ALL FAKE...........

  • LisaLisa Posts: 100Registered User Cloudylicious
    Id spam them in the face with a tin of spam
  • TbkTbk Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper
    I got a message from a scammer who tried to give me 1b in chips but has been banned .
  • TbkTbk Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper
    Chip centre was the scammer who did this to me
  • TbkTbk Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper
    I would like to tin can chip centre
  • justjohnjustjohn Posts: 54Registered User This Space is Available
  • TbkTbk Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper
    This on the night last night when zynga poker league gave me a poker trophy spade laurel I feel happy
  • TbkTbk Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper
    There are scammers here who want your info anything to steal from you.
  • Natasha StathamNatasha Statham Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 170Registered User Investigator

    never click on them links its fake and hoax do not click on anything they are not to do with zynga

  • TbkTbk Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper
  • TbkTbk Posts: 124Registered User The Pesky Helper
    You don.t know if you are safe from scammers who prey on the weak.
  • Natasha StathamNatasha Statham Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 170Registered User Investigator

    your welcome please dont click on any of there links

  • pu5zhe2dpu5zhe2d Posts: 66Registered User This Space is Available
Sign In or Register to comment.