Reset Game

Lori Lee HallLori Lee Hall Loose CannonPosts: 10Registered User Pumpkin

I have not opened my farm in about a year so I am totally outdated on it..and was wondering if there was a way to reset it back and start all over? Playing on Facebook.

Comments

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Posts: 423Registered User Forum Detective

It would be quite easy if you wanted to play on Zynga, as you could just start a new farm if you didn't link it to your FB account. I think your current farm will stay linked to your current FB account though, even if you tried to remove the app.
    You could open another FB account just for FV2 though, some people do that anyway.
    Otherwise, maybe contact support and ask if they can delete the farm you have now?

• GuggeGugge Cream Corn Champion Posts: 2,369Registered User Lord of the Forums
    edited November 4

If I may ask, what level are you? And how many of the permanent events (family training of spouse and kids, the different ranger Jane events, the different rooster events, songbirds, telescope etc, cats, dogs etc) did you complete before you took your break?

Be aware that when you take a longer break, you will get all the permanent events that were released during the time when you were gone when you come back.

Be also aware that when you start a new farm, you will get BOMBARDED with all permanent events ever released. It can be quite intense and disencouraging since it is hard to get post items for events most players have already completed.

So if you want to start a new farm, do it from a new facebook account, or start the new farm being zynga only. That way, you can always change your mind if you want to go back to your old farm.

• Lori Lee HallLori Lee Hall Loose Cannon Posts: 10Registered User Pumpkin

Gugge, that is the debate I am having with myself..I am on level 420 so I put a lot of time into this farm..just opened it up though and I am lost on what is going on but going to try and shuffle my way through it before making any decision

• GuggeGugge Cream Corn Champion Posts: 2,369Registered User Lord of the Forums

For what it is worth, here is my experience. I have not played my main farm since april-may-something. I was bored with the game, and I wanted a change. My main farm is level 300+ (I have completly forgotten what level it is) and I started a new farm in june, the new farm is level 105 now.

I made the choice to start the new farm zynga only, not connected to facebook. There are advantages and disadvantages with doing that. For me, the biggest advantages is that my gaming is now separate from Facebook which I definitly prefer. Disadvantage is that I can not go to facebook groups and hunt for post items I need.

What I miss from my old farm is the stuff I collected over the years, stuff that is no longer available for my new farm. Animals like bagot goats, harlequin rabbits etc, that give high XP. Different kind of deco, especially trees in different colors, I am not personally much for decorationg with other stuff.

What I like with my new farm is that I can choose to keep it small. It is my choice to not expand, it is my choice to not build up huge stocks of inventory. When I choose to keep the farm small, I also get much lower numbers for different events and it is a lot easier to complete them.

So I suggest to play your current farm for a little while, to see how it feels. Then, if you want, start a new farm but make sure to keep the option to go back to your main farm if you prefer that.

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Posts: 423Registered User Forum Detective

@Lori Lee Hall said:
    Gugge, that is the debate I am having with myself..I am on level 420 so I put a lot of time into this farm..just opened it up though and I am lost on what is going on but going to try and shuffle my way through it before making any decision

I did reply just based on exactly what you were asking, but now see you are at a high level. Gugge has posted some excellent advice and I'd agree, be sure of what you would be giving up first and consider alternatives.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,004Registered User Lord of the Forums

@Lori Lee Hall said:

You have not opened your farm in about a year, and you are on level 420 , the new levels just came out last week !

• Lori Lee HallLori Lee Hall Loose Cannon Posts: 10Registered User Pumpkin

@Colleen Murphy said:

@Lori Lee Hall said:

You have not opened your farm in about a year, and you are on level 420 , the new levels just came out last week !

Typo,,,sorry 320 not 420