No zoom, no full screen and other graphics missing in Chrome

cmf2205cmf2205 Posts: 2,684Registered User, Facebook Connect User Lord of the Forums

Hi everyone - happy 4th! I've cleared my cache over a dozen times and tried a few different things. I can't tell if something is fertilized - the twinkle is gone. I can't zoom out very far. The in-game full screen button is gone. I've read threads about these issues before and some of them have said clear your cache (and that has worked for me in the past with zoom issues) and others have directed me to a video about enabling Flash, which it already is. Off the top of my head I can't recall if I've had windows updates that may have affected these things but it's getting a bit annoying. As many of you know, it can be difficult to maneuver, use farm hands or find things on your farm when you can't zoom out far enough. In the image below, you'll see that buttons are missing - my camera has been gone for a very long time but I really don't care. You'll also see that areas in the back appear to be cleared of the grass that covers them before you open a new area. I have not and cannot open those areas yet. They are way beyond my current level. I don't have space cleared behind the buildings.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. I haven't changed disabled or turned on any extensions. I play in Chrome. I opened the game in Firefox and things appear correctly but in the past that has not performed as well so I prefer Chrome.

Comments

• cmf2205cmf2205 Posts: 2,684Registered User, Facebook Connect User Lord of the Forums

This is the view in Firefox - my quests aren't showing at the moment but I'm sure they'll trigger when I finish one.

• Sonrisa123ASonrisa123A Colossal Titan Slayer Posts: 478Registered User Colossal Titan Slayer
    edited July 5

@cmf2205 You have to turn on "Hardware Acceleration" in your Chrome Settings Page. Settings▶Advanced▶System▶Turn on Hardware Acceleration where available.

• cmf2205cmf2205 Posts: 2,684Registered User, Facebook Connect User Lord of the Forums

@Sonrisa123A Thanks for the comment. Just to be sure, I went to it and it was on. I turned it off and turned it back on again but nothing changed. I'm open to ideas though.

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Posts: 257Registered User Gabby Enthusiast

It does look like the game can't process the graphics correctly, I'd usually suggest taking a look at hardware acceleration too, as mentioned, but you've ruled this out. Did it coincide with a recent Chrome update?
    I don't think you can roll back to previous versions, but you could maybe try the next version which is usually available in 'beta' format. Should be installed as a separate version and will give you its own icon, so easy to go back to the current one.
    Flash should auto update with Chrome, but check version anyway.
    Also maybe check graphics drivers are up to date.

@nige1875 Good suggestions. I'll take a look at those things today. I've been pretty busy so I can't remember an update but definitely worth checking. Thanks!

• KJusticeKJustice Posts: 1,293Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie

@cmf2205 said:

This is the view in Firefox - my quests aren't showing at the moment but I'm sure they'll trigger when I finish one.

Cindy, I was just at your farm and this is the image I see and I'm on Chrome and you say you see it on Firefox, not sure what's up with that.. I'll check on my main farm and see what I see..

• KJusticeKJustice Posts: 1,293Registered User, Facebook Connect User Genius Genie

Cindy, I just went to your farm on my main and see the same thing and I noticed you don't have the settings button. I have it on my main farm but not Katies farm, don't know why.. I actually clicked on it yesterday and it mentioned something about zooming in and out(sorry can't remember what it all said) and mine where not checked but able to zoom in and out with the other buttons.

• TinsywinsyTinsywinsy Grasshopper Posts: 51Registered User Building Expert

My dad has the same trouble on his. We have turned hardware acceleration on and off several times, cleared the cache and even cleared the data and started fresh in Chrome - no luck. Tried every flash trick in the book, even advanced stuff. This is a real issue that needs to be dealt with. It is possible that the computer itself can't handle the graphics (he doesn't have a great computer) but Zynga should really be considerate in that regard, and keep it simple. I hate the tons of quests and other forced buildings that just make the game harder to load for people like him.

edited July 9

@nige1875 @KJustice @Tinsywinsy The beta version of Chrome has returned my normal view and the ability to zoom out! Thanks Nige! Glad you thought of that and shared.

The other thing I noticed is that on the Chrome page, the pop up buttons don't work but on the beta version they do. I'm referring to the ones for the spinning wheel, bee box, fertilizer bin, etc. It's like an entire layer isn't working.

@KJustice I'm not sure if I ever had the settings button. I really can't remember. I know I used to have the camera and it disappeared when we got the useless max zoom button.

Signing into Chrome made the beta revert to the problem. Opening a guest window works for the things I was complaining about but it seems that water and bottles from requests aren't all getting through. I went back over to regular Chrome and my gift requests were working normally. Ugh... At least I can see my farm now. A big thanks to @KJustice for going to my other farm and working on that. On her computer I think it's showing correctly.

@cmf2205 said:
    Signing into Chrome made the beta revert to the problem. Opening a guest window works for the things I was complaining about but it seems that water and bottles from requests aren't all getting through. I went back over to regular Chrome and my gift requests were working normally. Ugh... At least I can see my farm now. A big thanks to @KJustice for going to my other farm and working on that. On her computer I think it's showing correctly.

No problem, Cindy... I'm glad you trust me enough to go on your farm lol... :)

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Posts: 257Registered User Gabby Enthusiast

@cmf2205 - thanks for the update on how things are going. Glad you've been able to make some progress with Chrome, if not fully back to normal. Interesting on the 'signing in' bit and the effect that has, gives me something else to ponder!

• Pamela Beyer MasseyPamela Beyer Massey Loose Cannon Posts: 8Registered User Loose Cannon

I have not changed any settings in chrome and I have all but stopped playing farmville because when I go to play the screen is super tiny. I don't know what happened or why it changed, but it is so annoying! Please make it work like all the other facebook games again.

• Cherie L FisherCherie L Fisher Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 4Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

same issue with mine.. have tried everything.. very annoying and something zynga needs to work on.. works on firefox.. not on chrome.. also losing the quest buttons on left side of game still.. but can't get gifts requests on firefox, so stuck with chrome..

@Cherie L Fisher Miraculously this morning everything was fine. I haven't done anything. Last night it was still messed up and this morning I had my in game full screen button back, my sparkles for fertilized crops and I can zoom out again. Go figure. I was using the beta version of Chrome but the bottles and water weren't coming through when I went to gift requests and I had to keep double clicking for my mouse to let go of my farm. Firefox was painfully slow and I didn't notice the inbox being an issue.

I'll have to have him give the Chrome Beta a shot. Am I understanding correctly to NOT sign into Google with the Google Chrome Beta?

@Tinsywinsy said:
    I'll have to have him give the Chrome Beta a shot. Am I understanding correctly to NOT sign into Google with the Google Chrome Beta?

That's correct, at least in my case. When I signed into Chrome/gmail the beta version reverted to the same problems.

I had him try the Beta and unfortunately it did the same thing, even without signing into Google. I think it's just his computer - it's old and I don't know that it can really handle flash that well. Oddly, though, the game works fine in Firefox.