coop owner has stopt playing FarmVille2, how to handle now?

Jacquelien DalmolenJacquelien Dalmolen Clueless CookiePosts: 25Registered User Clueless Cookie

Hello, the co-founder's founder has not played for quite some time, there are many people who no longer play, we want to see them removed, but none of us can do that because we are not the owner. How can we solve this without starting a new coop? A message has already been sent to the owner to resolve it, but he has not yet responded. Should this person react, can it then appoint a new owner? What happens if the owner leaves the coop? So get out of the coop? We hope that someone of you can answer us here! Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Posts: 6,713Registered User Lord of the Forums

Leaders can also remove members.If you have no leaders, then you only have 2 choices, you can stay in that co-op, trying to carry dead weight or, you can start a new co-op. I would choose the new co-op.

• AussiegilzAussiegilz Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,768Registered User Lord of the Forums

With the Owner absent you are at the mercy of leaders to run your co-op - if the owner assigned any before vanishing. If the Owner actually leaves the co-op the program will assign the first person that joined the co-op after it's creation to be the leader - but only if that person is still in the co-op and if the owner actually leaves. Unfortunately the best course of action really is to reform or find another co-op so you have a proper Owner overseeing the riff raff.

If your in-game support links do not work contact support here: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1 Be aware there is no technical support, this is not for billing related issues. Bookmark it for further use.

• Jacquelien DalmolenJacquelien Dalmolen Clueless Cookie Posts: 25Registered User Clueless Cookie

Hmm, sounds no good, but I will look if we have a leader, but I'm affraid we have no one in our group. Thanks annyway for the answer

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,351Registered User Lord of the Forums

@Jacquelien Dalmolen said:
    Hmm, sounds no good, but I will look if we have a leader, but I'm affraid we have no one in our group. Thanks annyway for the answer

If you want to leave your co op, there is a drop down menu at the bottom of the co op page that lists all the members, click on it and you should see the option to 'leave co op'. Click on that and your done. You can check out the Co op Invites thread and see who's looking for more members and send them a request to join.

• Janet DeleeuwJanet Deleeuw The Pesky Helper Posts: 511Registered User Enthusiastic Expert
    edited June 17

We are in that situation now, 24 members, about 6 playing, owner is long gone (but still a co-op member) and all of us are leaders and leaders can't remove leaders. We are thinking about creating a new co-op...

• shakespam_123shakespam_123 Posts: 140Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper

Yes I am in the same boat, usually only three people actively contribute to the weekly amount some weeks its just me. At least the orders amount is only 30, I used to try to do that myself when no one else was on, but at the last minute one of them would do 1 or two orders and get the benefit of all my work groan! So now I do 15 and no more some weeks I get 100 favours others 300. Maybe I should start my own coop too

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Posts: 6,713Registered User Lord of the Forums

@Janet Deleeuw said:
    We are in that situation now, 24 members, about 6 playing, owner is long gone (but still a co-op member) and all of us are leaders and leaders can't remove leaders. We are thinking about creating a new co-op...

I just recently started our co-op from town 1, it was an easy transition. Invite only those members that are contributing to the goal, and post for new members in the co-op thread.Starting over from town 1 gives much better rewards then deco, unless you like deco.> @shakespam_123 said:

Yes I am in the same boat, usually only three people actively contribute to the weekly amount some weeks its just me. At least the orders amount is only 30, I used to try to do that myself when no one else was on, but at the last minute one of them would do 1 or two orders and get the benefit of all my work groan! So now I do 15 and no more some weeks I get 100 favours others 300. Maybe I should start my own coop too

You and Janet should get together !

• Jacquelien DalmolenJacquelien Dalmolen Clueless Cookie Posts: 25Registered User Clueless Cookie

@Janet Deleeuw said:

I'm affraid we are in the same situation! The owner has not responde, sow it will stay this way. But we are at level 199 so it's sad to start all over again....but I think that is the only option!

It is not sad to start over, the rewards are better at lower levels. I started ours over about 15 weeks ago.

• Janet DeleeuwJanet Deleeuw The Pesky Helper Posts: 511Registered User Enthusiastic Expert

Four of us decided to start over again, just doing our first town now and only need 70 orders compared to 170 when there were 5 or 6 of us contributing. On the whole, it feels good to have a fresh new co-op with people I know are dedicated players and will hold up their end of the orders. We were up to 187 but no prizes, nothing but favours when we got to the personal and co-op goals, so there is really no big loss in starting fresh.

After this first week, I will put a post up to see if a few more people would be interested in joining us.

@Janet Deleeuw said:
    Four of us decided to start over again, just doing our first town now and only need 70 orders compared to 170 when there were 5 or 6 of us contributing. On the whole, it feels good to have a fresh new co-op with people I know are dedicated players and will hold up their end of the orders. We were up to 187 but no prizes, nothing but favours when we got to the personal and co-op goals, so there is really no big loss in starting fresh.

After this first week, I will put a post up to see if a few more people would be interested in joining us.

Is your coöp in Dutch? (Nederlands)? Then I think I will join yours

edited July 25

Sorry, no it isn't even though two of us have dutch names! But you are very welcome if you don't find a co-op that works for you. We have completed week one and about to complete week two now.

• Marie PrynychMarie Prynych Dramachine Posts: 362Registered User Social Snowflake

Can you keep all the favors you got?

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 2,927Registered User Lord of the Forums

@Marie Prynych said:
    Can you keep all the favors you got?

You keep the favors you have in inventory when you leave a Coop.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• Blue1369Blue1369 Saint Spontaneous Posts: 417Registered User Forum Detective

This happened with the co-op I was in so I decided to start a new one. I left instructions on the co-op noticeboard on how to join me. One has joined me but 3 others have not responded after several invites. So....How and where do they get a notification?

• AussiegilzAussiegilz Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,768Registered User Lord of the Forums

@Blue1369 said:
    This happened with the co-op I was in so I decided to start a new one. I left instructions on the co-op noticeboard on how to join me. One has joined me but 3 others have not responded after several invites. So....How and where do they get a notification?

They have to leave the current co-op to get invitations - the invitations will show up in the co-op building as long as they aren't already part of one.

If your in-game support links do not work contact support here: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1 Be aware there is no technical support, this is not for billing related issues. Bookmark it for further use.

• Blue1369Blue1369 Saint Spontaneous Posts: 417Registered User Forum Detective

@Aussiegilz said:

@Blue1369 said:

They have to leave the current co-op to get invitations - the invitations will show up in the co-op building as long as they aren't already part of one.

Thanks Aussiegilz. I did tell them to click on the "Leave co-op" button but as English was not their first language I guess they didn't understand.

• Marie PrynychMarie Prynych Dramachine Posts: 362Registered User Social Snowflake

Our Owner left the co-op and now all are leaders and nobody is a owner.We are not able to remove anybody.