Farmville's Helping Hands stuck task

Magivol2Magivol2 Delightful DucklingPosts: 40Registered User Learning the Ropes

One of my 2 mentor tasks on the Farmville Helping Hands is to harvest 2 pumpkins. Yes, it said TWO and I chose it. However, I have harvested at least 10 pumpkins now and it still says 0/2 for the task. I have reloaded the game and it did not change. I'm a little annoyed, not so much at not being able to get credit for it, but because it has now locked up one of my task spots and I can't get rid of it. I don't know why such a small task was there to begin with but it was so I chose it because I had pumpkins to harvest anyway. But, now it won't go complete and go away. And, I even considered that maybe I needed to plant the pumpkins AFTER choosing the task so I planted two more, watered, and then used speed-grow, and harvested. But, still it didn't complete. How do I get it to go away so I can complete other tasks?

Comments

  • Jewels99Jewels99 Posts: 703Registered User, Facebook Connect User Party Starter

    This helping hands quest has been buggy and more for many that have it and those that have it but has not opened yet.

    If you cleared your cache and more and still there you could try support but I don't know if they remove these on this or not

    But as said this has been a buggy item/mission that may be permanent on our farms

  • Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 2,920Registered User Lord of the Forums

    @Magivol2 said:
    One of my 2 mentor tasks on the Farmville Helping Hands is to harvest 2 pumpkins. Yes, it said TWO and I chose it. However, I have harvested at least 10 pumpkins now and it still says 0/2 for the task. I have reloaded the game and it did not change. I'm a little annoyed, not so much at not being able to get credit for it, but because it has now locked up one of my task spots and I can't get rid of it. I don't know why such a small task was there to begin with but it was so I chose it because I had pumpkins to harvest anyway. But, now it won't go complete and go away. And, I even considered that maybe I needed to plant the pumpkins AFTER choosing the task so I planted two more, watered, and then used speed-grow, and harvested. But, still it didn't complete. How do I get it to go away so I can complete other tasks?

    Did you fertlise? it might be wanting PRIZED pumpkins, in which case you will have to fertilise them also. The drop rate for prized crops can be dire when there is a quest asking for Prized goods, and unfortunately it is random... In a recent quest I think I harvested about 20 level five fertilised fields and got about five prized items.. :|

    ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

    SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

  • Country_Girl_60Country_Girl_60 Posts: 43Registered User, Facebook Connect User Grasshopper

    You may have already thought of this but could it be asking for two prized pumpkins? I have seen people ask for one or two of something and I'm always puzzled but I have done some of them without any problem. I hope you can get this fixed because I'm sure it's very annoying.

  • Sparkles920Sparkles920 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 13Registered User Pumpkin

    I've had similar issues a few times. At least three times, I've picked post items to collect. After collecting more than the five needed (and also getting clicks on mine), they just won't complete. On one of them I counted eight collected items just through my own clicks and I just couldn't get past 4/5. Now I have a task to perform 15 neighbor tasks and after performing 70, I still have 0/15. Some of these things just don't work. I feel bad taking a task from someone and not being able to complete it, but I just don't know how to make it work and I'm certainly not paying to do it!

  • Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 2,920Registered User Lord of the Forums

    @Sparkles920 said:
    I've had similar issues a few times. At least three times, I've picked post items to collect. After collecting more than the five needed (and also getting clicks on mine), they just won't complete. On one of them I counted eight collected items just through my own clicks and I just couldn't get past 4/5. Now I have a task to perform 15 neighbor tasks and after performing 70, I still have 0/15. Some of these things just don't work. I feel bad taking a task from someone and not being able to complete it, but I just don't know how to make it work and I'm certainly not paying to do it!

    I have a 15 Neighbour task too, I have visited five farms now and even used the HUGS, and it is still 0/15. Poor farmer who is waiting for it to be completed, So Sorry!!

    ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

    SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

  • boveylandboveyland Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

    I have not been able to ask for help for the last few days, i've had plenty of points.

  • iguanamiamaniguanamiaman Posts: 191Registered User, Facebook Connect User Fisherman

    I had a task to harvest 9 pumpkins but it really meant prized pumpkins even though it didn't say prized.

  • CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Posts: 929Registered User On Fire

    As far as I remember quite a few of the Helping Hands task required 'priced' crops, even that it did not say so. If the amount is relatively small it is probably priced ones. Regarding Neighbor help, I suggest that you reset game and try again.

  • crazemomcrazemom Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

    I have been unable to request help for 4 days now. I can only complete tasks for Helping hands

  • jkg1122jkg1122 Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

    @crazemom said:
    I have been unable to request help for 4 days now. I can only complete tasks for Helping hands

    Mine has been like this for over a week.

  • GREYCINDERGREYCINDER Muffin Posts: 46Registered User Building Expert
    edited June 23

    I can't open Kitty Lunch task on Helping tasks quest and I can't get it out of the Mentor box to replace it. I am playing with the handicap of 1 box so may not be able to complete game in time. How do I remove it so I can switch to a task that will open? it says you need level 40 to do; I am at level 217.

  • bbpiratebbpirate Loose Cannon Posts: 491Registered User Colossal Titan Slayer

    Greycinder, this is obviously a "glitch". One of my co-op members has the Kitty Lunch as a shared order item, and I also cannot open it to craft (even though it says level 40 needed and I'm way above that! I'd suggest contacting support and asking them to remove it or push it through for you.

  • AussiegilzAussiegilz Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,763Registered User Lord of the Forums

    There are a lot of tasks that will appear for you that you will not have access to because you do not have that quest active - it's not a glitch - avoid picking up anything you aren't absolutely sure you can work on - if you happen to get something locked to you just wait the 24 hours until it expires and be more careful next time.

    If your in-game support links do not work contact support here: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1 Be aware there is no technical support, this is not for billing related issues. Bookmark it for further use.

  • EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Posts: 1,846Registered User The Chosen One

    Well I didn't know that I wouldn't be able to visit a person's farm to perform 10 actions. I'm not sure how are suppose to know what tasks you can or can't do beforehand. I'm telling support to complete it for me or I want to be repaid 8 fbs to complete it.

  • azpennylazpennyl This Space Is Available Posts: 42Registered User Grasshopper
    edited July 4

    My progress on this task just went back to the beginning. I was almost done with goal 3 and progress seems to be lost.
    It seems like this task might have fixed itself.

  • ktmommaktmomma Pumpkin Posts: 189Registered User Fisherman

    I've posted this in Discussions also as I'm not getting any help for my items as they are stuck on an expired quest, and no new items appearing. Just made the same mistake with 6 potatoes, as it didn't indicate prized goods. I wouldn't have grown an item that takes so long to grow if I didn't benefit myself, so poor game play Zynga!

Sign In or Register to comment.