Best laid plans...

IrisCarlisleIrisCarlisle Posts: 24Registered User, Facebook Connect User Delightful Duckling
edited February 4 in Ask a Player

Hi. I am level 57. In my inventory I have a Free Water Time Certificate which says it will give me unlimited water for one day. (I feel very lucky to have this, since it sounds like this certificate is very rare to have these days.) I am working hard to get through the Pupunzel pet theater, which says the final reward will be a 24-hour free Speed Grow certificate. So, my Grand Plan is to eventually use both of these at the same time to "stock up" on 1-day crops and other long-time crops. My question is: Will I be able to use both of these rewards at the same time? Thanks, -Iris

Comments

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 2,454Registered User Lord of the Forums

Generally no, you cant use two certificates together, I have had the occasional fluke when I had an an active instabloom on my farm and I was able to activate a water 24 hour water certificate which I think came from the Keepers badge rewards, all the other water certificates are greyed out.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• nige1875nige1875 Loose Cannon Posts: 223Registered User Cupcake Princess

You may get lucky, but as a general rule these days they don't let you combine certificates at the same time. I suppose you could still use the speed grow certificate to do want you propose, but have to get water elsewhere, eg. hitting neighbours sprinklers etc as and when you need to stock back up.

• sayyadina67sayyadina67 Assassin Posts: 1,233Registered User Genius Genie

I use free unlimited water for stocking up on 1-2 minute crops. If you have fields, then group them together and put sprinklers in them to make things go smoothly. Then take all decorations that you can off the farm, crowd animals into a small space and place every plot that you can onto the farm. In plots, I put 1 and 2 hour crops which I will fertilize while waiting for the 1-2 minute crops grow. I put 1-2 minute crops in fields and don't bother to fertilize. If there is any other space left then, I put out lemon, rubber, and wood trees in all of the space left. Plant the plots to get ready, then activate the Water Certificate. Water the fields. Then water everything else while the fields grow. Harvest fields, replant, water, and then start fertilizing everything. Basically do this as many times as you can. I have done as much as 20,000 EACH of the 1-2 minute crops, plus 1000 EACH of the 1-2 hour crops, plus all of the trees harvested and watered at least twice in the 24 hours.

If you do have a speed grow machine (or more than one), place them on the farm and leave them for when you do have unlimited water. This will give you the opportunity to do what you wanted with the 24 hour crops. The best thing is to plan ahead and have a plan for once the Certificate is activated. You can then get the most out of it,

_Fear is the mind killer..it is the little death that brings obliteration..I will face my fear..only I will remain.__

• IrisCarlisleIrisCarlisle Posts: 24Registered User, Facebook Connect User Delightful Duckling

Well, shoot. I guess it sounded too good to be true!

• KayB2000KayB2000 Building Expert Posts: 88Registered User Dramachine

IrisCarlisle: On my farm, I can use the Water Certificate with the Hungry Animal Certificate -- that provides plenty of fertilizer for the crops. I seem to recall I could also use the Power Certificate as well -- that let me make a lot of recipes that required water as well as some high-power recipes that I already had ingredients for. Hope you can too. Happy Farming.

• cmf2205cmf2205 Posts: 2,296Registered User, Facebook Connect User Lord of the Forums

@sayyadina67 said:
    I use free unlimited water for stocking up on 1-2 minute crops. If you have fields, then group them together and put sprinklers in them to make things go smoothly. Then take all decorations that you can off the farm, crowd animals into a small space and place every plot that you can onto the farm. In plots, I put 1 and 2 hour crops which I will fertilize while waiting for the 1-2 minute crops grow. I put 1-2 minute crops in fields and don't bother to fertilize. If there is any other space left then, I put out lemon, rubber, and wood trees in all of the space left. Plant the plots to get ready, then activate the Water Certificate. Water the fields. Then water everything else while the fields grow. Harvest fields, replant, water, and then start fertilizing everything. Basically do this as many times as you can. I have done as much as 20,000 EACH of the 1-2 minute crops, plus 1000 EACH of the 1-2 hour crops, plus all of the trees harvested and watered at least twice in the 24 hours.

If you do have a speed grow machine (or more than one), place them on the farm and leave them for when you do have unlimited water. This will give you the opportunity to do what you wanted with the 24 hour crops. The best thing is to plan ahead and have a plan for once the Certificate is activated. You can then get the most out of it,

In addition to all of this good advice, use your power to make things like broth, lemon water, lime water and apple juice. Make sure you have plenty of onions, lemons, limes and apples to start off with. The broth and lemon water are used in so many things, it'll save you down the road. The apple juice is in several things as well. Pink rose water takes 6 I think. Make those water hog basics and drag out all of your trees if you have any room. At level 57 you probably don't have much right now so you may want to hold off on using that cert if you have any expansions coming up that would give you some more room. The highest consuming water tree that you have right now is rubber. Get a few, heirloom them in a grove so you only need 4 shears if you want. They harvest every 4 hours so you can get a good amount of rubber stocked up. Also, make sure you have super feed so you can fertilize as much as you can.

Of course all of this advice is great but I think your biggest challenge with this is going to be space but it's nice to stock up on the short term crops and the tree goods.

• IrisCarlisleIrisCarlisle Posts: 24Registered User, Facebook Connect User Delightful Duckling

I finally finished the Pupunzel pet theater, and it turns out the prize is a 24-hour speed grow MACHINE, not a certificate. I have 14 days to use it. So I'm going to wait until I have some solid free hours to spend on the game and give it a whirl and see if I can do a machine along with the free water certificate. I guess at the very least, I can stock up on some long-growing water crops, as long as I have room in the crop dryer, right?

• sayyadina67sayyadina67 Assassin Posts: 1,233Registered User Genius Genie

Set up a rotation for watering, and then plan to visit people and click sprinklers. I also did a boat load of water crops so that I would have them for later and for XP. Good luck!

_Fear is the mind killer..it is the little death that brings obliteration..I will face my fear..only I will remain.__

• cmf2205cmf2205 Posts: 2,296Registered User, Facebook Connect User Lord of the Forums

@IrisCarlisle There's always room in the crop dryer. If you did the restoration and made it to the end, you'll get double fuel! I managed to clear out my crop dryer on one farm except for cranberries and as soon as I did we got a task to dry a bunch of something. Talk about the best laid plans.

An update: I finally placed the speed grow machine, since it was going to expire soon. You were all right: My free water certified was grayed out so I could not use it at the same time. Oh well! But I still have been stocking up on strawberries and other long-growing crops today. And I have more water crops in the dryer than I know what to do with - I will be drying crops until I die, I think! Anyway, now I guess I will just plan to use that water certificate on short-time crops another time.