why does my game freeze up or go blank especially when i visit friends

TRINITY1959TRINITY1959 Posts: 15Registered User, Facebook Connect User Muffin

my game keeps freezing up on zagna site not on face book . but like being able to play without posting to my friends most of them don't play the games and it gets annoying to use that format.on zagna lately it keeps freezing up and I spend more time bringing the game up more then playing.i even have the little song etched in my brain.it also shuts down when I visit farms help I love this game but its driving me crazy

Comments

• GlendaTGlendaT Social Snowflake Posts: 472Registered User Colossal Titan Slayer

From past folks posting similar problems:
    1. Game is a memory hog -- if you don't have plenty, you may be forced to refresh often.
    2. Get an Adblock - as the ads may be causing the problem (this was true for me, and freezing all but stopped completely when I installed Adblock (no charge for it).
    3, If farms are full of stuff - decor, trees, etc - they load slowly and often cause visitor's computer to freeze. Try to keep your own farm relatively clean and skip visits to those who don't (or who have temp. pulled trees for UWD efforts).

I play on Zynga, but jump over and check on Facebook at least once daily to clear up request/notifications and to do the wheel.

Hope this helps and that others will offer more/better advice. Happy Farming.

• Super LauraSuper Laura Captain Obvious Posts: 198Registered User Fisherman
    edited December 2017

^ That's good advice.

Also, clear your cache often. The longer your play session is the more data your browser has to store, (loading other peoples farms as well is LOADS of data), after a while it's just too much and it can't do it anymore.

I use CCleaner (hope I'm allowed to post the name of it lol) maybe every hour if I'm playing FV2. It's gotten so I can tell when I'm pushing my luck and it's time to log out, clean up and reload with a fresh browser.

Also check your RAM. The game requirements say 4GB but it doesn't run particularly well on that for me, before I upgraded I used USB sticks for a bit of extra memory, that might be an option for you too.

I'm not terribly technical as you can tell but these have worked/currently work for me. Best of luck with it :]

• AnimalFarmAnimalFarm Building Expert Posts: 788Registered User Aged to Perfection

When the game goes blank, I click on the envelop and it comes back. Zooming in helps to reduce the number of times the game goes blank.

• TRINITY1959TRINITY1959 Posts: 15Registered User, Facebook Connect User Muffin

all right Ill be giving her a try have been going to face book to visit friends that works.by the way how do I clean the cache and clean the browser

• donnawilsondonnawilson Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

I'm playing online using Mozilla (better graphics) but freezing so much I'm discouraged and hardly interested in maintaining my farm. I've read suggestions above but honestly, if it gets to be too much trouble, I'm going to discontinue play. This did NOT happen when I first started playing five years ago....

• Jewels99Jewels99 Posts: 987Registered User, Facebook Connect User Guru of Mayhem

It did not have these issues when game first came out but things change and more you can either follow the suggestions here or in other threads on this subject of freezing or loading issues or white screen or such so you can play for now.

Or you can walk away.

This game needs a complete overhaul and whether that will be as rumors have been mentioned but flash will be no more soon so either tanking the game or something with so many issues lately.

I have not had many issues if at all with the game. Did have white screen at one time but not since then

Make sure flash up to date for now and such and activated and try all the troubleshooting steps is about it for right now

• Shebasue10Shebasue10 Posts: 26Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie

Hi
    I also have been having problems with "The White Screen" and visiting neighbors is just about impossible This just stated a few days ago the problems are both appearing while playing on both Chrome and on Zynga
    I may take a break from the game - play constantly as I am pretty much housebound
    It is very frustrating as I am paying for VIP-an indulgence in my budget- and I do enjoy playing the game
    I do have to say that this is the worst that the game has acted up in te many years that I have been playing
    OH and I clean my cache run cclaner etc and it is not making a difference
    I was stating to wonder if it was my laptop but everything else seems to be working normally
    I hope that it gets sorted out soon
    Thanks for reading this

• Jewels99Jewels99 Posts: 987Registered User, Facebook Connect User Guru of Mayhem

The only way this game gets sorted out is if they totally rebuild it with Flash becoming no more here in the next year plus

This game has lasted longer than other games I have played that just closed because didn't want to rebuild or keep going and they were Zynga games

I had white screen some time ago but has resolved now and I play on Chrome and Windows 10 with very few issues. Have had one or two here and there over the 5 plus years but nothing like many people are having these days

When this game goes will be my last. If they do rebuild game as rumor has been going around they are doing and HTML5 version but who knows at this point.

With all trying to change now these days I don't believe them much less anything else

Think there bots come in and tell us what they think we want to hear but doesn't amount to anything

Yes VIP gets you a special animal and a few other things like fertilizer, water, and more rest of us don't but myself not worth the money to spend and go haywire with these games

• Shebasue10Shebasue10 Posts: 26Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie

"Yes VIP gets you a special animal and a few other things like fertilizer, water, and more rest of us don't but myself not worth the money to spend and go haywire with these games"

I see your point and I am thinking that with these issues VIP is a waste of money

I do not seem to have as many issues with not playing in full screen mode but that is difficult at best with this game

Thanks so much for your reply :) :