Poll - should the Mods keep posting the monthly temporary feed thread?

AussiegilzAussiegilz Lord of the ForumsRegistered User Posts: 6,734 Lord of the Forums

In light of recent discussions - a poll

If your in-game support links do not work contact support here: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1 Be aware there is no technical support, this is not for billing related issues. Bookmark it for further use.

Comments

• AussiegilzAussiegilz Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,734 Lord of the Forums

I probably should have added an option for "I don't care". :/

If your in-game support links do not work contact support here: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1 Be aware there is no technical support, this is not for billing related issues. Bookmark it for further use.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,557 Lord of the Forums

The only way to post in the temporary feed is to use the dev tools. They removed the work around{ manipulate} because they don't want us using it. I imagine there are lots of things you could do with those tools, if you knew how to use them.

• cmf2205cmf2205 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,307 Cream Corn Champion

I say keep it, just update the instructions. If it does go away, you can still share links, just not under that thread. If they take away the ability to share a link then you know for sure it was intentional. I don't think it was intentional. I think it happened as a result of the FB fix. It all happened around the same time but I didn't pay attention to the details of the FB problem because it didn't concern me.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 2,301 Lord of the Forums

Update the instructions, make it clear you have to use the developer tools in order to retrieve a link from your profile page. If it is not allowed, which I believe it is the case, then get rid of it until the Developers fix the issue, because it is absolutely unfair and unreasonable that the only players able to use the feed is those using the dev tools.

This is not because I don't know how, I do, I was one of the first to do so, at the time I thought it was a temporary glitch and it would be a day or two to fix. Now it seems that is not the case, and no game should require players to use dev tools to play. This is time when a Mod should step forward and explain, on whose instructions were the
    threads deleted and why?

Will the profile link issue be resolved, or is it deliberate?

Short answer:

Shut it down.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• AussiegilzAussiegilz Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,734 Lord of the Forums

As I understand it the Mods were instructed to disallow the encouragement of developer tool usage - so updating the thread instructions isn't going to happen - I don't think the URL issue is intentional - just a coding snafu that isn't a huge issue in the eyes of the developers to fix. Out of the half million people still playing this game there are but a few dozen maybe a hundred that use the thread - if it's even a blip on Zyngas radar to fix I'd be surprised. I would be a I don't care don't use it vote - if they shut it down the forum is just going to be spammed with threads from people looking for stuff at least it keeps the mess all in one place - I don't think its hurting anyone having it but maybe it's time to let the crutch go.

• EllemarieEllemarie Fisherman Registered User Posts: 1,115 Assassin

****, I don't know what to vote! Because I still use it to grab items I still need. I'm thankful for people still posting links. But...I do think it is unfair as well. I seem to always be sitting in the middle on some things.

• cmf2205cmf2205 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,307 Cream Corn Champion

I think the percentage of people that know it exists is pretty small. I only found it recently and I've made it through years of quests and tasks without it. It's nice to have now that I know it's there but I was floored when I found out it existed. Prior to that, the only thing I saw that was similar was in the FB live chat window for FV2 - there was no chatting just link sharing. I only opened it up to see because someone in Words with Friends chat said something about how different the chat was in different games. Where there is a will, there is a way so AG I think you're right, you'll see posts scattered in a different way for people to accomplish the same thing.

It's supposed to be social game, a few using dev tools is far from social.. If anything we should be encouraging players to add us as zfriends and we can use a thread like the temp feed thread to let people know we have items on our feed waiting to be grabbed if they care to visit our profile page.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,557 Lord of the Forums

@Irena.P said:
    It's supposed to be social game, a few using dev tools is far from social.. If anything we should be encouraging players to add us as zfriends and we can use a thread like the temp feed thread to let people know we have items on our feed waiting to be grabbed if they care to visit our profile page.

Good idea Irena. Some will need instructions on how to add a profile link to their posts.

@Colleen Murphy said:

@Irena.P said:

Good idea Irena. Some will need instructions on how to add a profile link to their posts.

Yes, the same kind of people who would not have a clue on how to use the dev tools will also need basic help on the far easier task of adding a profile link to their post or signature.

@Irena.P said:

The only problem with that is that the results are inconsistent when clicking on the profile pages. I've gone to profile pages and it says I have received it but I really haven't. Lately, to insure that I get the item when I visit a profile page, I open the dev tools, get the link and find out sometimes that I really didn't and what I just did allowed me to actually get the item.

I looked at the poll results. 22 people have responded, more for keeping it.Not a very good turn out, but it is early yet.

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,192 Lord of the Forums

I voted and doesn't surprise me more want to keep it as compared to not.

I don't use the Temp Feed a lot but if some things I didn't get even if only needed a few would go and collect at feed.

But since has not worked properly as for those of us that play on Zynga side.

I don't find much use for it as use it way less due to not being able to use it like did before

• ladymoretaladymoreta Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 726 Party Starter

I find the Temporary Feed very useful. Often when posting I get one or two clicks so takes me forever to build or complete a quest. So going to the feed to 'get' an item is very useful.

I also post once every couple of days (with Dev tools), so that I can get those items I'm missing and also help other people who are also missing those items - it works both ways.

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 7,957 Lord of the Forums

I post for items on the temp feed here because it goes to a bigger audience. I've tried going to people's profile pages to grab an item and it never works. At least if we keep the temp feed, there is one centrally located place to grab stuff you need to finish a quest or recipe. I voted to keep it. Using the dev tools is not that difficult once you get the hang of it, but it take a little bit longer to post your item because you have to change the first part of the stream to be able to get the item, and if you have 5,6,7+ items to post, it can be a little time consuming, but I would rather do that then sit around waiting for people to click on my post. I posted for yeast today and got 1, but I didn't post it on the temp feed at that time.

Zynga needs to fix it....if they want us to continue to use it.

The quests usually last 14 days or more, it is just that we feel we should finish them in a couple of days so need to post in the temp feed. Even if you get 2 or 3 clicks and grab a couple from the feed, 2 weeks is more than enough time without needing to use the temp feed.
    I have just finished the build on today's quest, and didn't need to post for a thing in the temp feed, or spend time using dev tools to do so.

If I didn't get them all today, I'm sure I would get them tomorrow. I could also ask my co op to visit my profile and click them for me. I don't think it is as urgent as we make it, in not getting all post for items within the first day of release of a quest.

• ladymoretaladymoreta Goldsmith Registered User Posts: 726 Party Starter

@Irena.P said:
    The quests usually last 14 days or more, it is just that we feel we should finish them in a couple of days so need to post in the temp feed. Even if you get 2 or 3 clicks and grab a couple from the feed, 2 weeks is more than enough time without needing to use the temp feed.
    I have just finished the build on today's quest, and didn't need to post for a thing in the temp feed, or spend time using dev tools to do so.

If I didn't get them all today, I'm sure I would get them tomorrow. I could also ask my co op to visit my profile and click them for me. I don't think it is as urgent as we make it, in not getting all post for items within the first day of release of a quest.

However for some quests they are timed - such as the Winter Wonderland. If you can't complete within a few days then you miss out on the better prizes, and also the task does not clear until completed. As usually I have a 'post' task, a create an item task that requires a 'post' item, then i would be waiting forever to finish them.

• donnag1988donnag1988 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 244 Gabby Enthusiast

Yes! keep it or we'll never finish these crazy quests!!

• Susy ElizabethSusy Elizabeth Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 3,825 Lord of the Forums

Once again, folks, set aside the right or wrong of hacking the developer tools for a moment. The ability to hot link post items and paste them in a different place (any place, even on a temp feed thread here on the forum created by mods) is a convenience, not an in game necessity, nor a right. Hundreds of thousands of people who never come to this forum don't use it, nor even know of its existence. The live feed is there for a reason. We're supposed to use that.

For those who think it is absolutely necessary, well, it's a game. You win some, you lose some. You get the things you need in time, good. You don't, oh well - there are always other quests and challenges to achieve.