What am i supposed to use to play farmville 2 if I can't get flash player at all

NoseyNosey Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User New to the Forums

All I get on my screen when i paly games requiring flash player it says right click to enable, but it doesn't, and i won't use facebook games because it has too many bugs in it. Do I have to not play any games on FB any more I am so sick of all the mucking around, PLEASE do you have an answer for me. thanks

Answers

• royalpainsroyalpains Forum Traveller Posts: 103Registered User Cloudylicious

sadly zynga does not care. I have tried every suggestion to make the game work and it still crashes. I wish I knew what to tell you.

• Colleen MurphyColleen Murphy Lord of the Forums Posts: 5,305Registered User Lord of the Forums

In my opinion, the best browser for this game is fire fox. You have to tell it to run flash, upper left corner, gray leggo looking block, click it and click ok to run.

• NJLizSNJLizS Dramachine Posts: 128Registered User The Pesky Helper

I agree that Firefox is better but it constantly freezes and I keep having to restart my computer because I can't close the browser. Firefox used to be reliable until Zynga started having all these issues.

• catlady427catlady427 Loose Cannon Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

If you have an Apple computer, you can try using Safari. I seem to have a little better luck with browser on my computer.

• catlady427catlady427 Loose Cannon Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star

I have heard from a friend that follows computer stuff more than I do, that Flash Player is being phased out. Will we lose the game completely if that happens? Kind of hate to invest much more real cash if the game is going away.

• reddklreddkl Lord of the Forums Posts: 2,615Registered User Lord of the Forums

The problem appears to be Zynga. I got a Win 10 update 2 weeks ago and have been having a problem ever since.

Actions taken by me:
    1) Deleted & downloaded new Flash
    2) Deleted & downloaded new Chrome
    3) Downloaded a "fresh" copy of Windows 10.

I purged all unnecessary programs, cache, Beacon, etc.
    I reconfigured Flash.

Then I contacted CS and did all their suggestions & tips. Still, the game hits a point when it stops responding and hangs. Watching my Task Manager, I noticed that Chrome stays active after "forcing" a shut down of it. I try to delete it from there, but there is ALWAYS 1 file that stays for up to 1 hour after shutting it down. Once that last file does go away, I can then get back into the game for a brief, fast visit and close down again.

After all that, I still get the Plug In Flash is blocked and have to "run flash this time". I've copied the address to load as "accept always" in Flash's app, but it doesn't change a thing.

Decided to try using Edge. Guess what? Almost the exact same performance. The game freezes and Edge gets stuck in Task Manager for up to an hour. I tried FireFox, but can't load the game using it.

Using Chrome, Farmville 2 is the ONLY game having that issue. Even going into Farmville Forum, Flash works. Not that is has to work for the Forum.

I'm going to continue trying to work it out, but as of now, I still think it has to do with Zynga more than my computer. Sorry about the long post.

• KZE33KZE33 Genius Genie Posts: 1,305Registered User Cream Corn Champion

FireFox released a new version several months ago and many of us could no longer play because there was a conflict of some sort with FV2. I went to FireFox and downloaded an earlier version that will only be available for a short time. I haven't had any problems since but I assume this will change if FF stops offering the version I'm using.

• reddklreddkl Lord of the Forums Posts: 2,615Registered User Lord of the Forums

I finally gave up on Chrome. It's useless. I'm now using a new version of FireFox, which seems to working well.

With Chrome, I reconfigured EVERYTHING and still couldn't get it to work for longer than 5 minutes and most times less than that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file