Being thrown out of Farmville 2 on Zynga to see ads

RESIDENTRESIDENT Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 47 Building Expert

There appears to be no particular trigger. Suddenly, the tabs up top appear, seconds later I'm seeing ads. I haven't downloaded anything on days. This started yesterday, AUG 16.

FREE FARM
currently Level 105
FREE FARM
Ask me how

Comments

• cmf2205cmf2205 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1,232 Genius Genie

If you have and ad blocker make sure it's turned on. If you don't have one, you should. They're free and effective. I use Ad Block Plus - works like a charm and it's just an extension to enable on Chrome at least. Got it for Words with Friends for the incessant ads between turns but it helps here as well.

• Patty 2Patty 2 Delightful Duckling Registered User Posts: 21 Delightful Duckling

This has been happening all morning ,being redirected to advert pages. This is really spoiling the game.

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 6,179 Lord of the Forums

I see no ads with this game as have adblocker on and more. Get an adblocker if you don't have one

• RESIDENTRESIDENT Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 47 Building Expert

@Patty 2 said:
    This has been happening all morning ,being redirected to advert pages. This is really spoiling the game.

It's not the game. When downloading something, you got a piggy back App - adware. You must read every word when downloading - it is almost always an option that you can uncheck. Go to CNET.COM and get a free adware remover. I got a 2 week free trial by Malware that worked great at removing the adware, but is driving me nuts with the pop up prevention notices.

FREE FARM
    currently Level 105
    FREE FARM
    Ask me how

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Registered User Posts: 2,298 Lord of the Forums

I haven't seen any of these pop ups as yet, as it is probably piggy backing on an area specific advertisement. Not many Games carry Ads from My location. I wonder if it is only affecting one particular targeted area, by one particular Advertiser?

If so it surely can't be so difficult for Zynga to pinpoint which Ad is causing all the grief.. That is, if this issue has even been brought to the attention of the Dev Team.. Maybe a Moderator can log the IPs of each poster being targeted, and pass it on, it may help.. :|

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• RESIDENTRESIDENT Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 47 Building Expert

Mine was adware downloaded while hidden in an app. Adware can be removed by downloading Malware from CNET.COM

FREE FARM
    currently Level 105
    FREE FARM
    Ask me how