New and confused...naturally. :(

AlsoGeorgianaAlsoGeorgiana Posts: 33Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller

Last time I played Farmville was 2012 and it was through Facebook. And by "through Facebook" I mean that I had Facebook neighbors who played and I could post requests for help and send out gifts and the whole shebang. That's not the case anymore. I absolutely don't want to bug my Facebook friends with my silliness. I'd rather just add community neighbors. Okay, so I added a few. Yet none are listed as neighbors with farms I can visit. What am I doing wrong, please?

Thank you!

Comments

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Posts: 2,018Registered User Lord of the Forums

I think it might take a few days for the ability to add them as a neighbor. Keep checking to see if their name shows up in the list when you try to add new neighbors.

• AlsoGeorgianaAlsoGeorgiana Posts: 33Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller

Some have showed up on my neighbor list. So, I think you're right. Thank you!

• newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,127Registered User Lord of the Forums

If your playing FV2 on Facebook, you might want to transfer your FV2 farm to zynga's site zyngagames.com. You can have 100's of zfriends and at least a good 200+ neighbors. You also get a feed of posted items that shows players from all over the world posting for stuff, which would help you get parts you need for some of your animal shelters and quests.

• jamiejennajamiejenna Posts: 46Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

If you would like to join a coop:

• Co-op name is FIG JAM
    • Squirrel/Chipmunk as motif
    • 'Her(e) to help' as motto'
  • newmanmiranewmanmira Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,127Registered User Lord of the Forums

@jamiejenna said:
    If you would like to join a coop:

• Co-op name is FIG JAM
    • Squirrel/Chipmunk as motif
    • 'Her(e) to help' as motto'

Jamie, there's a separate thread already titled Co Op Invites on the main page if your looking for more members.

• jamiejennajamiejenna Posts: 46Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

Thanks nemanmira - I've posted on Coop Invites as well. No luck so far!

Just thought that AlsoGeorgiana may find it helpful to join a helpful & functional coop :)

Aha! That explains it then.

• nciashyguynciashyguy Cloudylicious Posts: 241Facebook Connect User Gabby Enthusiast

Play FV2 on zyngagames.com and add all the zfriends you can get. That will make the game go so much easier for you. Good luck and have fun!

• KZE33KZE33 Genius Genie Posts: 1,325Registered User Cream Corn Champion

@newmanmira said:
    If your playing FV2 on Facebook, you might want to transfer your FV2 farm to zynga's site zyngagames.com. You can have 100's of zfriends and at least a good 200+ neighbors. You also get a feed of posted items that shows players from all over the world posting for stuff, which would help you get parts you need for some of your animal shelters and quests.

newmanmira is correct, playing on zynga's site makes everything easier. Another bonus is that you can add people who post on the forum as friends, many people have "add me" links in their posts.

edited January 18

Also, if and when you transfer your farm from Facebook to zyngagames.com. make sure you click on the 'already have a farm' button. That will synch your Facebook farm to your zyngagames.com farm and you can then play on either farm. I don't have a screen shot of what it actually looks like so you understand what I'm talking about, but maybe one of the other players here does. You DO NOT want to click on 'start a new farm'. If you do you will lose your farm level and start at square 1 again.