Is the dolphin supposed to do anything when you call it?

leenfeleenfe FishermanRegistered User Posts: 171 Investigator

Other than giving you fuel when you harvest water plants what does it do? I called it and it did tricks. Just wondering if that was it? Thanks.

Comments

• Kathleen McNamara DavisKathleen McNamara Davis Genius Genie Registered User Posts: 1,486 The Boss

I asked the same thing this morning!!! The answer was that when you call it you get tricks. When you harvest water crops you get extra fuel. I'm not clear on how many times a day harvesting water crops will get you the extra fuel. I'm waiting for my crops to be ready to harvest & I'll actually watch to see what happens.

Farmville 2 addict - Level 278 & State Fair Sapphire 2 {dropped due to cheaters}
    Daily player who sends all help requests.
    Add me - http://zyngagames.com/profile/36409739519?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic

• leenfeleenfe Fisherman Registered User Posts: 171 Investigator
  • cmf2205cmf2205 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 166 Investigator

I'm a bit discouraged with the tasks for this. I've given up for the most part on trying to make the time limit although I did it a few times. 212 prized potatoes?? 150+/- things that take 3-6 power and tons of prized animal goods and just when I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel with 7 hours left to go and 5 tasks left to complete, the only reasonably doable task is 306 blackberries watered. This one would have made sense to get a water bonus or speed grow all but it came with a fertilize all benefit since one of the tasks was to harvest 280 carrots right out of the gate. Is it just me?

• WitchieWiz4023WitchieWiz4023 Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 4,519 Lord of the Forums

I have had it easy to complete. Last night had my biggest tasks to do and was water 546 onions and then harvest that many radishes. Lately seems too loves radishes for me with tasks outside of the eggplant

But I am only a few away from my 16 as I have completed all but 1 area in the time. I never know with the fertilize or the hungry animal choices which is the better.

So my last choice on that one was a bit more as couldn't quite complete that one to get a bonus whistle.

But I am doing it for a dolphin just to have if gives me some fuel with water crops great but if just plays in river that is fine too.

Just utilizing the river is good enough for me. With some things not doing like Captain Jack and the Rich Board.

Wish could do something else there.

• AussiegilzAussiegilz Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,806 Lord of the Forums

Worth is fairly subjective in this game - if you need a way to get more fuel in the game then yeah I'd say the dolphin is worth it - if not then probably not - if you like dolphins and want the dolphin then yeah muddle thru - personally I didn't find the dolphin tasks to be that hard (again it's subjective my easy might be too hard for others) - if it were me I'd do the deco drop on the 306 blackberries and be done with it in a couple of minutes.

If your in-game support links do not work contact support here: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1 Be aware there is no technical support, this is not for billing related issues. Bookmark it for further use.

Deco drop?? do tell please :)

I looked at another post thread called 'back to stupid again' that seemingly showed what to do but I'm not clear on one thing. It looks like you drop a big thing like a house, as in the screen shot, in the middle of your plots and you get water. I pulled a house out of storage and tried that but got nothing. Does it have to be a new purchase?

• AussiegilzAussiegilz Lord of the Forums Registered User Posts: 5,806 Lord of the Forums
    edited June 19

Using single plots (not fields) - plant and water (and fertilize if that is what your task requires) your plots - then drop a decor item on them - any decor item will do - houses just have a bigger footprint so you can do more at once - you will get your resources back and it counts towards your quest - you need to make sure you do it in batches of 30 or less or you won't be able to put all the water back in your meter - and in the case of short timer crops be quick about it if they ripen to harvest it won't work. This will work on tasks that don't require you to actually grow out crops so you don't have to waste time and resources growing stuff out - also works for task requiring gathering water.

If your in-game support links do not work contact support here: https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1 Be aware there is no technical support, this is not for billing related issues. Bookmark it for further use.

• Beth SchroederBeth Schroeder Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 187 Fisherman

Well isn't that a cute trick. I'll have to try that.

• Beth SchroederBeth Schroeder Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 187 Fisherman

I wasn't going to play again tonight after a big session and longer crops down, but I had to try this out!

I keep 4 groups of 9 single plots with a sprinkler in the middle in addition to my crop boxes in case I just need get rid of a bit of water or something. I went and found the biggest house I had and dropped it on one of these 9 plots and it worked great except I need to figure out to configure the placement of the plots better so it is easier to drop the houses on more plots. I got back the water and fertilizer just as noted, and the crops were harvested, but what surprised me is that my plots went away too so I had to put those back. Of course they are free so it is mostly time consuming, but I can see where this could be a good way to meet a requirement on a quest when you are running out of time and you have to grow an all day crop like sunflowers which quests have all the time.

Thanks ladies!

Somebody needs to pull this piece out of this thread and put it in a separate thread "Quick Trick To Get Back Water, Fertilizer and Harvest Crops".

I can't believe I've been missing out on this all this time!! What a wonderful trick.

• giddyap18giddyap18 Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

How do I get the dolphins? all my neighbors have it. By time I get it they will be done and not answer my requests. This has happened before. with other quests.

@giddyap18 said:
    How do I get the dolphins? all my neighbors have it. By time I get it they will be done and not answer my requests. This has happened before. with other quests.

You just have to wait it out. I don't have it on one farm either. As said before by many, not everyone gets all of the side releases at once and I have said the same thing about it being more difficult especially for posted items. There is nothing you can do. I'll see how it pans out for me on the other one and decide what to do when I'm finished with that one.

@Beth Schroeder said:
    I wasn't going to play again tonight after a big session and longer crops down, but I had to try this out!

I keep 4 groups of 9 single plots with a sprinkler in the middle in addition to my crop boxes in case I just need get rid of a bit of water or something. I went and found the biggest house I had and dropped it on one of these 9 plots and it worked great except I need to figure out to configure the placement of the plots better so it is easier to drop the houses on more plots. I got back the water and fertilizer just as noted, and the crops were harvested, but what surprised me is that my plots went away too so I had to put those back. Of course they are free so it is mostly time consuming, but I can see where this could be a good way to meet a requirement on a quest when you are running out of time and you have to grow an all day crop like sunflowers which quests have all the time.

Thanks ladies!

Beth I just tried this again this morning on some strawberries - be forewarned - the harvests don't count. I dropped the house on several strawberries - like 20ish and harvest = 0.

• Sonrisa123ASonrisa123A Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 315 Unstained Chieftain

I usually drop one of the fields on top of the 9 plots. This only works for watering or fertilizing plants BEFORE they're grown. Mature plants you lose.

• thousandaysthousandays Captain Obvious Registered User Posts: 1,244 Genius Genie

@giddyap18 said:

If your neighbors are nice people, you can reach out to them and ask them to click. That's what neighbors should be for, imo. Not just selfishly only clicking on what they need but sparing a click or three for a neighbor behind on a quest. Except for 1 state fair neighbor add, mine are all friends/relatives. So if I need something, I can shoot them a note asking them to give some clicks.

• Sonrisa123ASonrisa123A Colossal Titan Slayer Registered User Posts: 315 Unstained Chieftain

@thousandays said:

@giddyap18 said:

If your neighbors are nice people, you can reach out to them and ask them to click. That's what neighbors should be for, imo. Not just selfishly only clicking on what they need but sparing a click or three for a neighbor behind on a quest. Except for 1 state fair neighbor add, mine are all friends/relatives. So if I need something, I can shoot them a note asking them to give some clicks.

I sometimes will give a neighbor something they need but I don't especially because I know how hard it is when a quest that I finished a long time ago is just now coming up for someone else.
    It can be especially hard for lower level neighbors when the missions they're just now doing are ones I've long finished.