Give one, Get one: Getting to know your inbox (2016)

ForeveverForevever Lord of the ForumsPosts: 9,957Registered User Lord of the Forums
edited June 2016 in Community Created Guides

As some of you know, the original thread of this title was demolished during the Zynga Player Forums update/transfer. So, I figured it was a good time to do an updated version :)

Most people know that when you post an item and someone clicks it, you Give one to the person who clicks to Get one.

Some people do not know that part of your inbox works the same way. I will go over the 4 typical sections of the inbox, what you will see there, and how they function when you click them.

Please keep in mind that I do have an itemized inbox, so I can see every single item, and some people have a grouped inbox, so it will look differently - but it functions about the same.

This is your inbox :) (sitting innocently next to the language/earth icon)
Not to be confused with your "mailbox" which is at the front of your farm next to the order board/market stand and contains, "special deliveries".

This top section, you will not actually see all day. It is a post item that will appear approximately every 12 hours.

This section will only ever contain 1 post item. On my farm, I have the "Mystery Gift" item. When I post this item, other people can click it and send me a mystery gift. Mystery gifts range from coins, to baby bottles, to 5 packs of power. I have received as many as 5 of these mystery gifts from one post, but farmer's are only allowed to click 1 per day.

You may have a post item for literally anything else. Wood, metal, pride fences, etc. If your post item is one of these items, you will not be able to ever click a mystery gift.

The most loved, and let's call it the first REAL section of the inbox, are gifts.
Gifts are items sent to you either through the popup when you load your farm, or through the Send Gifts button at the top of your farm. People sending gifts can choose from several, but most people send water, since it is in such high demand.

The XP that you see in the gifts section is given to you when someone visits your farm and clicks "Send Gift". They are also sent to you when someone accepts your visit to their farm.

You can save gifts until you need them, they will not register on your farm until you click "Accept and Send". When you "accept and send" a gift, it will send 5 coin stacks back to whomever sent it to you.
For the most part, you can hoard these indefinitely, however - I've never been able to get my gifts section to go much higher than 200.

If you skip everything else in this thread, this is the section you want to read.
The Requests section are items that your friends need. They will not receive those items until you click send.
There are 3 very important requests in this section: Water, Fertilizer, and Baby Bottles.

When you click "Help" to "Give one" you will also "Get one".

I do not recommend making it a habit to hoard these items indefinitely. As with the gifts section, there is a limit to how much your inbox can hold. It is best to use them as soon as you can, so you can get them to your friend as soon as possible - and also to make room for more coming in.

It is also a good idea to send these requests as often as you can. The request line for Water, Fertilizer, Baby bottles, does not affect how many people you can request for ingredients.

Please also note, that if the Baby Bottle says it is for a recipe, the request came from the ingredient request line and therefore is NOT a give one, get one item.

To send requests for these give one, get one items, you will want to click their respective meters. The first popup will usually tell you to buy something - close that - then click it again. The second popup will prompt you to use any that you already have in inventory, and when you have, it will give you an "Ask" button.

To send give one, get one baby bottle requests, just try to raise any baby with no bottles.

I try to make it a habit to send these requests specifically for others to hold onto. Since they also send me requests, we both can utilize them when we can, and since so many requests are out there, I usually have a good stream of incoming that I don't need them sent to me immediately.

The limit for Requests is hard to pinpoint because it shares a limit with notifications. Approximately 1500 total.

When you clean out your requests for other things (maybe holding back a dozen bottles or water), all those items get sent and show up in the notifications of your friends. When your friend clicks that notification, it sends you a 5 stack of coins. So, lets say you take a day off. If you're not around to send the part requests, then there are a lot less 5 coin stacks coming in. With less notifications, there is more room in requests. It's all very interesting.

If you're like me, you might log on just to clean out your inbox, even if you don't have time to play. In those cases, it appears it is split 50/50 and I will have around 750 requests and 750 notifications. But if I take a day off, I can load the farm and find over 1,100 requests, and only 400 notifications.

I guess now we should talk about notifications :D

Notifications are pretty straight forward. It is just telling you that these items have been delivered. They will NOT register when you click them, because they registered when you loaded your farm. In fact, I'm convinced that's why you get unresponsive plugin messages. Your game is reading the inbox to see what stuff to write to inventory. And don't worry if the notification comes late, this is very common. If you just used 12 sugar, and you go into your inbox and see that some was delivered, odds are pretty good you already used it.

I did completely fail to get a screenshot of the notifications section - you'll have to forgive me :) it's late, and I just wanted to get this done so I can sneak in a little farming.

There is one interesting thing about notifications.... the 5 coin stacks do not register until you click them. These also cause an unresponsive plugin message if you click as fast as I do.

Since I only have 1 hour to edit, I hope I didn't make any horrible mistakes in this posting.
I hope you found it helpful :)

Just done.

Comments

• matantisimatantisi Cream Corn Champion Posts: 1,750Registered User The Chosen One

Oh, great! I was hoping you would do this!

Add Me
    I clear my request inbox at least once a day (except for baby bottles).

• Jazzy_1Jazzy_1 Posts: 19Registered User, Facebook Connect User Muffin
    I 'm sorry, new at game! But I don't understand when you said, "To send requests for these give one, get one items, you will want to click their respective meters. The first popup will usually tell you to buy something - close that - then click it again. The second popup will prompt you to use any that you already have in inventory, and when you have, it will give you an "Ask" button. To send give one, get one baby bottle requests, just try to raise any baby with no bottles." Will you please explain. Especially about meters when sending request and pop-ups. Thanks!
  • ForeveverForevever Lord of the Forums Posts: 9,957Registered User Lord of the Forums
    edited July 2016

@Jazzy_1
    These are your meters, located top right of your game window.

Here are some popups you might see when you click them.

This image shows examples of how the popup will look when you click the meter a second time if you have any resources in inventory (remember, the first time will try to prompt you to buy something)

If you do not have resources in inventory (or unobtainable ones, there are a few), then the popup will give you an "Ask" or "Post" button.

These are the only screenshots I have available at the moment, but if you need more, let me know and I'll see what I can do next time I'm in game :)

Just done.

• MisUseMisUse Posts: 460Registered User, Facebook Connect User Colossal Titan Slayer

extremely useful post,, thank you,, but im wondering,, dose this apply to the salt in help requests section??
    i just aceepted some salt requsets i've been saving since yesterday, and i didn't get them in my farm, even after refreshing, any idea why?? it would be really disappointing if it applied on water and baby bottles and stuff but not salt :disappointed:

I'm an ACTIVE Daily Player, New Neighbors Always Welcome :)
    Add Me

• Marcus GraingerMarcus Grainger Lord of the Forums Posts: 2,876Registered User Lord of the Forums

Salt is not give&get, it's give only

Farmville2 Level 240 (or thereabouts)
    Playing on Zyngagames
    On a diet of Meringue Filling

• MrsGriswoldMrsGriswold Posts: 16Registered User, Facebook Connect User Muffin

Thank you. This is most helpful!

Add me for Farmville2 on Zynga

Do you want more friends at a faster rate? After you post your request add all the people above you and on the previous pages.

How to find your Facebook or Zyngagames.com profile link to post in the add-me thread

• DrJHopeCareyDrJHopeCarey Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 61Registered User Captain Obvious

Hi! Thank You for your impressive, informative labor of <3. You \m/'ed it! Would it be ok to share with others not yet participating here on the forums or yet playing on Zynga? I am trying to build a neighbor network on Zynga versus or in addition to Facebook is well...Facebook. I find myself on .com 80%

I'm game for sharing information, obviously, the request. Hope today, "Fair"day was for all!!! Thanks in advance to all who'd add me too.

Farm on, Fellow Farming Friends :)

• SpiderwomanSpiderwoman Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Forever, this is great and very informative, but I have at least 600 - 800 inbox items a day to click. It is just taking too much time and beginning to hurt my right hand.

I wish I could accept /
    and or /
    accept and send
    all the gifts from a fellow farmer at once. Instead or say 10 clicks, in each section

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 2,818Registered User Lord of the Forums

Then you would lose the bottles and water you are asking for more of in another thread.. I also suggested you get an auto clicker. you can use it on the notifications and once you have picked through the requests for bottles and water, you can use it on the rest. just be sure you keep within the meter limits or it will vanish into the Zynga void,

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• Anya K'tanAnya K'tan Lord of the Forums Posts: 9,047Registered User Lord of the Forums
    Be wary of downloading convenience s/w. It can contain some unfortunate extras.

This is a Player to Player help forum. If you need to reach Zynga for reimbursements (there is no Tech Support), click on Help at the top of your game, and then Support. If the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of that popup is missing -- click --> here

• SpiderwomanSpiderwoman Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

What is an auto clicker?

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 2,818Registered User Lord of the Forums

Google "auto clicker"' you can read for yourself.

However, to answer your original question, no, there is no way to accept all.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• Bradley LaPeeBradley LaPee Pumpkin Posts: 32Registered User Forum Traveller

Realize this - when someone asks for a bottle, they don't get one until you click your button to help out. The same goes for you, however, the bottles are received almost instantly- and you can only hold 12 baby bottles.

• katzkatz Posts: 75Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet

@Anya K'tan said:
    Be wary of downloading convenience s/w. It can contain some unfortunate extras.

Sorry not sure what you mean by "convenience s/w"? I've learned the hard way in this game, started out playing in Facebook and then learned if you play on Zynga website you can get neighbors, requests, help other farmers, of course after I spent money buying bottles. Just really frustrated with my prized sheep disappearing and not getting the fine fleece a prized sheep gives, making 25 of this, 23 of that, 27 of this. I don't have enough to make all that, then buy all these buildings, tree groves. Both kids and husband I have to "prune" trees, 4 oranges, 4 figs, 4 apples, buy level 2 and 3 of groves and land. I don't have enough favors or money. My tower crashed and I had to buy a new computer so I'm getting very frustrated with this game. I wrote about the prized sheep, sent pictures of a pile of food and the prized sheep disappeared. How am I to complete a task that needs the fine fleece if I can't feed my prized sheep. I was told over and over "it doesn't happen to us". I gave them pictures!!!! Then I learn "it's a known issue". Why couldn't they say "we are sorry, it's a known issue we are working on it" instead of making me mad that they don't care to see I have a issue. I'm deciding if I want to continue playing. I already lost 3 "friends" who haven't played in weeks. Thank you for responding and sorry for my grumpy message, just wish they would fix the problems. I decided to take them up on the offer to get another plot of land, $100 in farm bucks. I got $20!!! I wrote in and I'm sure I will get some crazy answer. Thanks!