Barn not working

grannym17grannym17 This Space Is AvailablePosts: 69Registered User Captain Obvious
edited March 2016 in Bug Reporting
The barn is slightly glitchy. More for some than others.

The quickest way to get your barn to get hungry on time again is to super feed the entire thing.
If you don't want to do that, you can try some troubleshooting steps to find the problem.

To troubleshoot...

Open your barn and remove any animals that say "0 Feeds" - These animals have prized, but the barn didn't notice for some reason (possibly because your collie barked at it and prized that particular animal).

If there are no animals with "0 Feeds" - temporarily remove all river related animals - Ducks, Otters, Turtles - then drop any HUNGRY animal into the barn. This should trigger the remaining animals to get hungry.

You can try dropping a hungry animal in before removing the river animals, but if the glitch IS with one of those animals, it probably won't work.

After you feed the barn, add one species of river animal - then wait. If the barn doesn't get hungry, you know that is the animal causing the issue, and you should reconsider a new home for that species. If the barn does get hungry, go head and add another species of river animal, and so on, and so on.

Comments

• grannym17grannym17 This Space Is Available Posts: 69Registered User Captain Obvious
    edited March 2016
    Thank you.......That's exactly what I did.....super feed for the whole barn.....hope that works
  • znikkiznikki The Chosen One Posts: 1,566Registered User The Chosen One
    edited March 2016
    Super fed the whole barn, got over 300 fertilizers (lost) and it's back to the same thing again !
    Needs fixing
  • ForeveverForevever Lord of the Forums Posts: 9,957Registered User Lord of the Forums
    edited March 2016
    znikki wrote: »
    Super fed the whole barn, got over 300 fertilizers (lost) and it's back to the same thing again !
    Needs fixing

I know there is at least one animal that conflicts with the barn feed timers, but for the life of me I cannot remember which one.

Do you have any turtles or otters in there? I'm pretty sure it was one of those.

If not, you are in the unique position to find another animal that conflicts - but you'll have to remove ALL the animals first, then add them back one species at a time to find it.

I personally do not put mixed species into my barn to avoid this sort of thing. When it was mixed with chickens and goats (all 15 min feeds) I had the same issue periodically. Now I have 15 black sultans in there, and never a problem.

Just done.

• shardunk81shardunk81 Posts: 15Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

I can't even open my barn or move it to another location which are told in another post to try and resolve issue.

• Irena.PIrena.P Forum Meister Posts: 3,753Registered User Lord of the Forums

@shardunk81 said:
    I can't even open my barn or move it to another location which are told in another post to try and resolve issue.

If you have the Collie Dog, move it into your inventory, it blocks up the barn when it barks at it.

Clear your browser cache, as soon as you can open your barn, go inside and remove any animals which may have prized out and not been auto removed. Then remove any with less than three feeds left. If you have any otters or turtles in there, remove them, when they prize they get this weird yellow square around them and you are unable to do anything with them until you refresh the game, if they are in the barn, it freezes up.

ADD ME. Zfriends welcome, not adding any new neighbours.

SUPPORT If your in game "contact us" button is missing, use this.

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Posts: 1,267Registered User Genius Genie

As @Irena.P writes. Put your collie in the inventory.
    As @Forever writes. The Otter is always making trouble in the barn.

• konamousekonamouse Posts: 800Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Meister

Otters don't mess up my barn, but turtles do. I leave them outside the barn.

Click here to add me as a zfriend: https://zyngagames.com/profile/73168627602?ztrackRef=my_profile_pic
    Contact FV2 support here:---->https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville-2/?contact=1
    Playing FV:Country Escape? Here are their forums: --->http://zyngaplayerforums.com/countryescape

• CarlEddyCarlEddy Social Snowflake Posts: 1,267Registered User Genius Genie

Usually I feed my animals using the 5 different trough's. When I have an otter in the barn it will NOT be feed, if it is outside it will. (Wool, fur and raisin).
    Often there are not responding animals in the barn, but if I feed all 5 trough's (and have a 5 min chicken in the barn), the rest will be ready when the 5 min timer run out unless there is an otter inside.

NOTE: all this only worked after I had placed the coley dog in inventory. Every time It barked at my barn it was locked until I refreshed the game.

Game is in fact different for different players, since they use different servers and they vary a bit, but what I wrote has worked for me more than a year now.