How to get a lot of fish bait....

krimsonpkrimsonp PumpkinPosts: 9Registered User Loose Cannon
edited October 2014 in Ask a Player
Glad you posted it here. I'll try it because other crops don't seem to work. You'd think you would get more bait with longer growing crops. Guess it doesn't work that way.

Comments

• Kurt HallerKurt Haller Enthusiastic Expert Posts: 418Registered User Forum Detective
    edited October 2014
    krimsonp wrote: »
    Simple: plant cranberries. They take only 10 minutes to grow, and you get lots of bait every time you harvest. Today, I ended up with 54 fish bait. Not only that, it seems like harvesting water plants fills up the bee box quicker.

Edit: posted this in the wrong forum. Meant to post this in the neighborhood talk forum. Sorry!

By lots you mean 4 for every 45 plots. that is what I got for the past 4 times i planted cranberries 180 fertilizer = 16 bait I can get up to 5 bait for my 45 plots if i break up the planting into smaller plot amounts. I find I get 0 bait if I do not plant at least 9 plots together.
  • roseguyroseguy Cupcake Princesses Posts: 160Registered User Saint Spontaneous
    edited October 2014
    Receive about 8 baits for my 16 plots of lilies...and with thread you can make a great craft...fertilized
  • Brent StrocherBrent Strocher Genius Genie Posts: 1,084Registered User Pet Queen
    edited October 2014
    Sorry to hear you never got the fishing thing worked out Kurt. I get about 20-25 per 45 water plots and the crop does not matter.
  • krimsonpkrimsonp Pumpkin Posts: 9Registered User Loose Cannon
    edited October 2014
    By lots you mean 4 for every 45 plots. that is what I got for the past 4 times i planted cranberries 180 fertilizer = 16 bait I can get up to 5 bait for my 45 plots if i break up the planting into smaller plot amounts. I find I get 0 bait if I do not plant at least 9 plots together.

Ahh....I did forget to mention that if the water crops are fertilized, you will receive a lot of bait. I only have 25 water plots, and the lowest amount of bait I end up with is about 30.
  • Kurt HallerKurt Haller Enthusiastic Expert Posts: 418Registered User Forum Detective
    edited October 2014
    krimsonp wrote: »
    Ahh....I did forget to mention that if the water crops are fertilized, you will receive a lot of bait. I only have 25 water plots, and the lowest amount of bait I end up with is about 30.

And Like I said for the 180 "FERTILIZER" I used I got 16 bait. I am now getting about 25 bait by planting 9 American Lotus, 9 Taro, 9 Wild Rice, 9 Cat Tail, and 9 Water Chestnut. By the time that I have run through the 24 hour American Lotus i may get as much as 40 bait If I do not plant this way I still only get 3 or 4 bait per 45 plots. Maybe if I DO NOT FERTILIZE i will get more bait.
  • kmckee3730kmckee3730 The Pesky Helper Posts: 27Registered User Clueless Cookie

i got NO bait when harvesting cranberries - wonder why?

• konamousekonamouse Posts: 61Registered User, Facebook Connect User Captain Obvious

@kmckee3730 said:
    i got NO bait when harvesting cranberries - wonder why?

Are they fertilized???