The *MOST* important thing to improve gameplay at any level!

killumshannonkillumshannon Forum MeisterPosts: 600Registered User Mazter Guardian
Inbox? Do you mean the inventory or ??

Comments

• killumshannonkillumshannon Forum Meister Posts: 600Registered User Mazter Guardian
    edited October 2012
    Inbox? Do you mean the inventory or ??

The envelope in the top-right of the game window (in the picture below, it indicates I have 22 messages to clear - though that red number is notorious for being very low; I try to never let it get above 100). Clear those messages often, and spend at least some of your water and bottles before you clear it =)

Attachment not found.
  • heidismilesheidismiles Cream Corn Champion Posts: 56Registered User This Space is Available
    edited October 2012
    Good tips! Thanks for posting.
  • killumshannonkillumshannon Forum Meister Posts: 600Registered User Mazter Guardian
    edited October 2012
    Good tips! Thanks for posting.

Thanks, Heidi & greets from a fellow Cali baby =) I didn't realize how much stuff I got by clearing my inbox (thought they were notifications of things already received) until like level 26, and it completely changed my game experience once I did realize what was going on. Before, I was constantly having to ask/scan the feeds for water & bottles; now, I very rarely have to send such requests. Just night & day difference.
  • cheerybearcheerybear Lord of the Forums Posts: 52Registered User This Space is Available
    edited October 2012
    Good tips and glad they work for you. I keep my mail box empty most of the time, but I never get fertilizer, water or power in my in box. The only time I get things is when I ask for stuff, then my frirends are pretty good at responding. Otherwise, all I get are sets of 5 coins as a thank you for the stuff I sent. I'm always sending gifts to them like wood, metal, fertilizer, etc. Maybe I need new friends.
    edited October 2012
    cheerybear wrote: »
    I never get fertilizer, water or power in my in box.

WOW! That is just wild!! I kept track over the last hour, and I received 47 waters and 19 bottles JUST by clearing my inbox (no outstanding requests have been sent for these items in the last 48 hours). For me, then, I'm more than doubling my water "production" over time alone (these types of results usually only happen when my friends are active - slow times can be a lot lower).

I have a *ton* of FV2 "friends," though (like 1,500) so that might be the reason for the discrepancy. I can't think of why you aren't receiving gifts for responding to requests. Sorry it's not working for you =) All I can say is that, for me, all those resources were being lost because I hadn't figured out that I was getting all of that and I would clear my inbox while full of bottles/water.
  • SkynnySkynny Gabby Enthusiast Posts: 186Registered User
    edited October 2012
    Great tips. The water one really helped me out.
    edited October 2012
    Skynny wrote: »
    Great tips. The water one really helped me out.

Glad to hear it, Skynny! Like I said, I was like level 25 or something before I just happened to realize how many resources I was getting from clearing my inbox (I usually did it on returning to my farm after an absence, so never noticed what I was missing because I was full of items when I cleared the box). Once I realized what was happening, it completely changed my gameplay and made things so much easier. Glad it's working for you, too =)
  • starzchickstarzchick Muffin Posts: 3Facebook Connect User Muffin
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the tips! I was doing most of them but learned a new trick or two :D
  • lastacelastace Building Expert Posts: 3Registered User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for taking the time to pen the benefit of your fv2 experience, very informative and helpful. Cheers.
    edited October 2012
    Thanks, guys - I'm glad to help, and appreciate the time you took to acknowledge some of this was helpful to you =)
  • shannnon2972shannnon2972 Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 1Registered User New to the Forums
    edited October 2012
    Hey everyone!!! The tips from killumshannon are great!!!!! Please give me some tips on how to get the propane tanks and expand my farm. I am only on level 8 so I am new to this...Any suggestions are appreciated:)
    edited October 2012
    Hey everyone!!! The tips from killumshannon are great!!!!! Please give me some tips on how to get the propane tanks and expand my farm. I am only on level 8 so I am new to this...Any suggestions are appreciated:)

Hey Shannon! Thanks so much for your kind words =) With anything you need to get from friends, the key is to have as many of them as possible. If you're really interested in playing FV2 "hard," I'd suggest at least 1500 friends. You might have found me from the add neighbors threads here, but in case you didn't (or for other readers), you can get all the firends you need here: http://forums.zynga.com/forumdisplay.php?1735-Finding-Neighbors

There are also several "link exchanges" in which people share their bonus links so you can find/get what you need very quickly. I'm not going to post any links because I am not entirely sure if these exchanges are 100% legit under Z's TOS for the game. You can Google "Farmville 2 link exchange" and check some out for yourself in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not you'd like to participate. Note to mods - I'm not meaning to discuss anything anti-TOS or encourage anything uncooth; I'm just ignorant as to whether or not these exchanges violate TOS.
  • Ivo TijanIvo Tijan Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 3Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited October 2012
    Great guide. I'd add one more tip:
    Play the game on zynga.com. There is an "activity bar" to the right of the screen where news about people fertilizing, watering, milking etc... is regularly flying in. Up to 20 news a minute and you can click to get stuff even if you're not even zFriend with folks. There is limited amount of items you can get (I think it's per hour) but it can definitely get that milk bottle you need quickly. You just need to be fast at clicking as there is one million folks clicking as well :D
  • Petra24Petra24 Forum Detective Posts: 252Registered User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for all the tips, they are very much appreciated and thanks for adding me.
    edited October 2012
    Ivo Tijan wrote: »
    Great guide. I'd add one more tip:
    Play the game on zynga.com.
    Thanks, Ivo - just moved over to Zynga.com myself & totally agree. Tip added! =)
    edited October 2012
    lastace wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to pen the benefit of your fv2 experience, very informative and helpful. Cheers.

Thanks for taking the time to write! I truly appreciate that =)
  • kgsnokgsno Loose Cannon Posts: 5Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited October 2012
    I have ingredients in storage that when I want to use them they don't show up I have to make a new one? Does that make sense?
    edited October 2012
    kgsno wrote: »
    I have ingredients in storage that when I want to use them they don't show up I have to make a new one? Does that make sense?

No, Kgsno - that shouldn't be happening. I would suggest you contact support via chat and they can fix that for you right away.

To contact support, click here: http://beta.support.zynga.com

If you have not registered with that site, you will have to (use Facebook connect). Then click on my link again and find the picture of Farmville2. Click on that picture, then look on the right side of the page that opens about 1/2 way down - there will be a "CONTACT" section with "EMAIL" and "LIVE CHAT." Now, Live chat will ONLY show when it is available. Don't screw with email. If live chat doesn't show, then come back to the page in an hour or so until it does. Once you see "LIVE CHAT," just click on it and open a chat. Zynga's Tier I support is EXCELLENT!!!! If it's something they can help with (and it sounds in your case like it is), then you'll be back to normal in no time and they usually give you a little something for your problem.

This is off topic, so if you have any difficulties getting with support, please send me a private message. Best of luck and Happy Farming!!
  • RiverRat2000RiverRat2000 This Space Is Available Posts: 27Registered User
    edited October 2012
    Again thank you I am very new and you are very helpful. Do you work for zinga? They could certainly use your talent and perhaps sell info for FBucks. like any other business would do
    edited October 2012
    Again thank you

Thank YOU!!! Truly glad to help. If Zynga was hiring, I'd be there lol! =D