Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facebook security checks

Werewulf320Werewulf320 Clueless CookiePosts: 114Registered User Cloudylicious

Why do we keep getting these stupid security checks when we try to post something? They never work because part of the screen used to complete the check is mispositioned.

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,108Registered User Lord of the Forums

You would need to ask FaceBook that question. You can usually avoid them by posting slower and posting less of certain items that are posted frequently such as seedlings, feed and water. Be extra slow posting Bird Feed and Gopher Treats, those 2 are posted so frequently they are almost guaranteed to trip the spam filter unless you wait a few extra seconds before clicking the Share/Ask button.

• Dominus MarsDominus Mars Super Moderator Posts: 1,234Super Moderator Moderator

We're aware and already investigating this issue (click here for updates), @Werewulf320. Nevertheless, please consider @Sandy7226's suggestion, as CAPTCHA is one of Facebook's security measures to prevent spamming by automated bots or scripts. Appreciate your understanding.

• Werewulf320Werewulf320 Clueless Cookie Posts: 114Registered User Cloudylicious

Thanks for your responses, Sandy7226 and Dominus Mars. It usually happens when I'm cleaning out my market stalls. I undertand, but it's still very annoying. Merry Christmas!

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 8,108Registered User Lord of the Forums

@Werewulf320 said:
    Thanks for your responses, Sandy7226 and Dominus Mars. It usually happens when I'm cleaning out my market stalls. I undertand, but it's still very annoying. Merry Christmas!

This is one of the reasons I rarely share bushels (I cancel posting), the other is people rarely claim them. I wish we had a delete bushels in the market stall.

• prowprow Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

My problem is Captcha is broken. I can't pass it. All of 2018 and I guess 2019 also It says to identify a bus, car whatever in these pics. Then shows only half of the puzzle. Can't they go back to the word puzzle? Could pass that. It starts after around 10 shares with me. I don't care how slow or fast you post. I been playing forever and have some older farms that are huge. It seems a shame I can't share trees and foals I create with my FV friends. . FaceBook doesn't have the technology to tell the difference between a FV player and spammer? I doubt that very much. It sounds like they don't care about this issue or FV....I deleted FB Gameroom and switched to Opera Browser. Even tho slower and takes time to load? No Captcha. But slower game play.and graphics aren't as good. ...I believe it is the FB game room that is the problem. Wish we could play FV 1 without using FaceBook. That would solve everything....

• hardrockincanuck_hardrockincanuck_ Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

@prow said:
    My problem is Captcha is broken. I can't pass it. All of 2018 and I guess 2019 also It says to identify a bus, car whatever in these pics. Then shows only half of the puzzle. Can't they go back to the word puzzle? Could pass that. It starts after around 10 shares with me. I don't care how slow or fast you post. I been playing forever and have some older farms that are huge. It seems a shame I can't share trees and foals I create with my FV friends. . FaceBook doesn't have the technology to tell the difference between a FV player and spammer? I doubt that very much. It sounds like they don't care about this issue or FV....I deleted FB Gameroom and switched to Opera Browser. Even tho slower and takes time to load? No Captcha. But slower game play.and graphics aren't as good. ...I believe it is the FB game room that is the problem. Wish we could play FV 1 without using FaceBook. That would solve everything....

Click on the headphones icon and do the audio captcha. As long as you get one word from the spoke phrase (type the word and then hit Enter) it will pass. You can do about 10 of these before the captcha will block you from posting completely.

One of the mods above said to click here https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/farmville/?s=hot-topics for updating and there is nothing there re: this issue. So either it's not a hot topic / not affecting many players (yeah right) or it's an issue Zynga doesn't want to address.

Saying this is Facebook's problem and not theirs (yours since this is their forum) is not entirely true. Perhaps I ought to cancel my VIP membership over this and so should others. Your lost revenue is probably Facebook's issue then as well, right?! Geez. Fix this already. I can't even post 5 SDBs from the Fishing Hole before it triggers the captcha.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file