Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ledgerboard

cjhrafcjhraf Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Every week there is ALWAYS a "pending" person at the top of all games on the board. This person has scores that are way over the top in amounts - as in "80,000" when 12,000 would more than win, 10,000 when the next total down is 320. Other players have NO chance of winning these games. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,455Registered User Lord of the Forums

There is really nothing you can do, pending just means their name isn't displayed because of a FaceBook disconnect between you and one or more of your neighbors. It could be any one of your neighbors but there is no prize for being in first, second or third, some players just like to be first.

• cjhrafcjhraf Posts: 9Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Actually, you do win prizes, 100,000 xp for 1st, 200 xp for 2nd and 50 xp for 3rd. That means this person, whoever it is, is winning 300,000 per week as they play all three areas. If there is nothing that can be done, I guess I'll just start deleting some of my neighbors and see if I can weed them out that way.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,455Registered User Lord of the Forums

I don't consider XP a prize, once you get to level 250 the Farm Cash stops, after that level it's useless. However if XP does interest you there is a much faster way to accumulate it than doing leaderboards, try Stable stuffing. It would be more fun than deleting neighbors.

I guess it's just how a person looks at things. I believe in fair play. I don't believe it is fair at the start of the Ledgerboard for someone to come in immediately, day one, with 65,000 points, while the rest of us are at 2,000. It use to be fun with some of my neighbors to play back and forth, win some, lose some. Now the fun is gone.
    By the way, what is stable stuffing?

Everybody start the Leaderboard at zero, some players just put a lot more effort in to it than others, I don't bother with it at all.

Stable stuffing is running a stallion and horses through the Stable over and over. Each harvest gives you a 1 in 4 chance of a Stallion bonus of coins. (the other possible prizes are a Farmhand, an Arborist or a foal) The amount of coins you get is your level squared (level times level). For example if you are level 100 your coin bonus is 1,000, if you are level 500 then your bonus is 250,000 and so on. Once you get enough coins you buy Coastal Mansions on the Australian farm, each mansion costs 10,000 coins and raises you one level.

All you need is a Stable which must be built, horses (I prefer the Cremello Stallion which is available on Hawaiian Paradise for Coconuts; possibly you can buy multiples on a neighbors farm for coins).

Build the Stable, place a stallion inside and place numerous horses on your farm. Stables require 23 hours to harvest but you can speed up the process.

Each day when the horses say they will be ready to harvest in 1 day and 22 hours or less grab one and drop it in the Stable. Instantly your Stable is ready to harvest. The reason is that the "readiness" of the Stable is 23 hours OR the "readiness" of the last horse placed inside.

Do this over and over until you run out of ready horses (also called seeders), then open the Stable take the horses out so that they will be ready the next day.

In my experience a Stable of ONLY Cremello Stallions will not produce foals, so your chance of a Stallion Bonus is 1 in 3 instead of 1 in 4.

Another method of earning coins which can then be used to level up is growing and selling Blue Whales, (Hawaiian Paradise farm) You buy one place it in an aquarium, harvest daily until you get a baby and keep doing this until you have several aquariums full, then you can start harvesting and selling. This method takes longer but is a little less tedious than Stable Stuffing.

Hope all that makes sense - it is a fun sort of "side game"

Thanks Sandy - might give these a try for something different to do.