Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Refresh the Feed panel" and "hidden" farm cash prices

heyjudekheyjudek Posts: 19Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

Hello, over the last couple weeks something came to my attention
1) I frequently see notices from my neighbour such as they "struck oil on my farm" or they "found some fuel with gas pump" (with red gas tank, the yellow one works just fine) and would like to share it with me. But even if I click to claim it 1 minute after it was posted it would say specifically "refresh the feed panel", or "just missed it". Am I missing some sort of building/requirement/etc. to reclaim it or is this some sort of an unfixed problem
2) When I get a new bushel from harvesting when all my market stalls are open, the game suggests me that I buy one more market stalls to "attract customers" and gives me 2 choices

• 1 Market stall for 50000 coins
  • 1 Market stall for 20 farm cash

But even if I take the first choice, it still take BOTH 50000 coins and farm cash. Luckily I had less than 20 farm cash so it didn't occur. My farm cash went to -5 and upon refreshing the page returned back to 15.
Meanwhile, buying market stall from the market itself works as expected.
Anyone else noticed this issue?

Comments

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Posts: 2,177Registered User Lord of the Forums

to the second point ... it does happen ... but the farmcash is always returned ... its obviously a glitch ... but if you refresh straight away you will see its returned ... oh and it only takes one or the other amount ... not both ... if it takes the fc$ first up ... it wont take the coins ... but on refreshing the fc$ will be returned but the coins will be taken ... as is correct ...

the feed panel is schnickered ... hasnt worked properly for a while ... I dont even use it anymore

• heyjudekheyjudek Posts: 19Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

Thanks for the info. I also forgot to mention that the same thing happens with gopher related feeds as well.
    Is this going to be fixed anytime soon in your opinion?

• PeelaPeela The One Who Knows It All Posts: 2,177Registered User Lord of the Forums

I havent played the gophers in years .... they are on one of the oldest farms ... so I cant really say .... but I know some people were having issues with the migration pond .... not getting any birds (I think) ... but as its an old farm I would guess it wont be fixed as I doubt that many people use it much these days sorry ....

but Im only a player like yourself ... so Im just guessing ... :)

• heyjudekheyjudek Posts: 19Registered User, Facebook Connect User Building Expert

I see, so does that mean that issues on "older" farms won't be fixed? It seems to me that this game is no longer being maintained...

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,749Registered User Lord of the Forums

Some of the problems you describe are not limited to older farms. The programming on those features were done by a different team and will probably never be fixed because of the issues involved reading and changing someone else's poorly documented code.

The Feed Panel issues are due to constant FB changes and again will probably not be fixed, also many players turned off the Feed Below the farm the day it went live for several reasons.

What problems are you having with gophers? As far as I can tell they are working fine and are only available on the older farms.

edited January 2018

The gophers themselves work fine.
    But if a neighbour is sharing a gopher treat I will NEVER EVER be able to get it. The same goes for when someone "struck oil in my farm"

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,749Registered User Lord of the Forums

The red fuel cans have been broken a long time and probably won't get fixed (old code, by a different group). The gophers have been working fine for me so I have no clue why they don't for you.

I assume there is no way to contact Zynga about this?

These inconsistencies just drive me crazy; I plant onions, it says "Gains 550 coins", I harvest it and get 275. Is there anything I can take seriously here?

You certainly can contact Customer Service and complain.

How exactly do I contact their customer service if I may ask?
    I hope they are not gonna just say that it is "old code" or something :)

There is a Support tab at the top of your farm, click that and at the bottom of the list that opens there should be a red Contact Us button. If there is no Contact Us button you can also use the following link and the red Contact Us button at the upper right.

https://zyngasupport.helpshift.com/a/zyngagames-com/

Please try the tab on your farm first as it will pre-fill many of the questions on the form. Good luck!

Thank you very much, I'll see what I can do :)