Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do we get foals/calves from sterile adults

EHollandEHolland Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Hi I have a few adult horses and some calves that will not reproduce. Any ideas on what to do? Support just tells me it is random but not getting a foal/calf after harvesting the pen for a year is not what I call random.

Comments

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,487Registered User Lord of the Forums

There are some animals that do not reproduce, which ones are you having trouble with?

• EHollandEHolland Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Ghost Mini, Halflinger, Ice Sparkle, Nightflight Pegacorn, Raingear, Small Irish Cob, Honeysuckle Pegacorn, Campion, and Coral Pegasus (blue). The Highland cow and the truffle calf.

• Sandy7226Sandy7226 Lord of the Forums Posts: 7,487Registered User Lord of the Forums

I do believe those are all non-producing, I'm trying to find a list of broken animals to double check my memory. Some of those had "end dates" which means after that date they no longer produced, why they were coded that way I don't know. It was something that Zynga did for awhile and then I believed stopped, Perhaps it was to prevent the game file from becoming to large?

Any way, I'm checking and will let you know if I find anything.

Here is a picture that hope explains the issue. I checked with some other long time farmers and we all agree that if you check the website in the picture (I don't think I can post a link) those animals are all sterile and unless Zynga re-releases them babies are no longer available. (they do re-release so there is hope). It is that the babies have an ending date.

• EHollandEHolland Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

ty I have this site bookmarked but didn't realize they had an end date. Does this mean even if someone did have the foal it would not reproduce either? Just need to clarify.

I think if there is an end date for a foal, calf or fawn it will not reproduce in a playpen and the parent is sterile. I have never seen it spelled out exactly what end dates mean, but after discussing it with several other long time players we agreed that that was the way it seemed to us. However, that list may not be 100% accurate because animals could get re-introduced and the list might not get updated. I have never found an error in DF's item list but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

thank you love the DF site

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file