Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Beginner's Guild to Obtaining and Sustaining Fuel

RaskofTreveRaskofTreve Social SnowflakePosts: 291Registered User
Minor corrections: Your own gas pumps harvest every other day; not every day.
The only fuel item in the craftshop is the fuel can. Other craftshop items cannot be traded for fuel.

Additions:
7A. Also snag sample craft goods to trade for fuel.
7B. Sometimes the eggs neighbors post from their chicken coops (and any you collect by clicking your neighbors' chicken coops while visiting) will yield fuel refills. I think the same is true of bunny eggs from the feed

You can get fuel using the fetch button in the doghouses. Make sure you have 6-14 treats in the house - more gives a different set of prizes - and 'fetch' will get you a random consumable. Fuel, fertilize all, animal feed, water can, or flower food.

The free play on the prize machine gives fuel sometimes.

The 'get crafty' leaderboard challenges usually have fuel as the prize for reaching certain numbers of goods. Both craftshop and spa/winery etc goods count for the challenge.

Be sure to harvest your Imperial shipyard and Mountain palace; you might get fuel. (I can't remember whether the same is true for the Hawaii volcano or HH mansion.)

Comments

• RaskofTreveRaskofTreve Social Snowflake Posts: 291Registered User
    edited January 2013
    I stand corrected on the craftshop. Thank you. Keen observations on the other ways to get fuel.
  • Richard ReidRichard Reid Assassin Posts: 921Registered User
    edited January 2013
    One more I forgot to add: When neighbors take bushels from your stalls in the market, take the fuel option for compensation.
  • Digger64Digger64 Mazter Guardian Posts: 362Registered User
    edited January 2013
    So you use the fuel to grow the crops to make the goods to get the fuel. A bit self defeating, maybe?
  • Digger64Digger64 Mazter Guardian Posts: 362Registered User
    edited January 2013
    I don't see any way to send fuel as a gift.
    edited January 2013
    Digger64 wrote: »
    I don't see any way to send fuel as a gift.

All items in the Free Gifts section rotate out. They are there for a certain period of time, then they rotate out to make room for more items to be gifted. Also, not all items are giftable. To make an orchard for example, you might be able to gift out the brick and nail...but the wooden board is nowhere to be found. As for fuel being giftable, you'll just have to catch it when it is there...it's an item that comes and goes...as for using fuel to grow the crops to make the goods to get the fuel...you can actually make more goods than fuel you use. for example, planting blackberries, blueberries and morning glories you will find that these are very high yielding crops. and they when put together in the Spa can make Relaxation oil (4 Black berries, 4 Morning glories), or Floral Perfume (4 Blue berries, 4 Morning glories). Add White Grapes, a fairly yielding crop and with the blueberries and blackberries, in the Winery you can combine to make Blueberry Wine. Add Raspberries and you can make Triple Berry Pie in the Bakery. So, all you have is 5 crops being able to fill up your winery, bakery and spa. In my humble opinion, its not self defeating because you can produce more in crop yield than you use for consuming fuel. And...each time you visit your winery, bakery or spa, you can "get goods" from neighbors to supplement your actual production. How else could I account for me having 1,000 "use goods" built up? I must be getting more goods than the fuel I am consuming...or I must be obtaining more fuel elsewhere than the need to use the "use goods."
  • garman225garman225 Enthusiastic Expert Posts: 319Registered User Unstained Chieftain
    edited January 2013
    nice guide...I'm forever running out of fuel. Going to try some of these suggestions. Thanks!
    edited January 2013
    garman225 wrote: »
    nice guide...I'm forever running out of fuel. Going to try some of these suggestions. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words...let us all know how you do with your fuel and what suggestions you think work best for ya...:)
  • Bonita RinguetteBonita Ringuette Grasshopper Posts: 34Registered User
    edited January 2013
    Thats sort of how real farming works...you plant, harvest, sell, buy supplies for the next season...the "real" factor is what interested me to farmville in the first place...the challenge is to be smart about WHAT you plant....the better the payoff, the more reason to plant it.
    Digger64 wrote: »
    So you use the fuel to grow the crops to make the goods to get the fuel. A bit self defeating, maybe?
  • rnbw flwrrnbw flwr Mazter Guardian Posts: 544Registered User Enthusiastic Expert
    edited January 2013
    Here is what I do. I click thru my list of neighbors in the gets goods and select only those that offer 10,900 goods.
    I do exactly this. but i also feel guilty about not helping others. so i first click on those who are doing EG first which are not many so that they can level up and then go about collecting the expensive ones from different farms
  • cjtheiscjtheis Clueless Cookie Posts: 12Registered User
    edited January 2013
    Put a spa (or crafting building of your choice) on several different farms-the same building. You can now have up to 3 craft shops per farm I believe. Then just keep one or two of the "old" farms you've beaten, such as Winter Wonderland or English Countryside full of what is necessary for one good! I prefer Super Morning Glories and Super Blueberries to make Floral Perfume, but do whatever you like. :) You level up that craft super fast because you always have a whole lot of the good in production if you keep those crops growing! Just have to remember to keep the bushel stalls cleared out until you can get them all started. :)
  • jetlordjetlord Goldsmith Posts: 339Registered User
    edited May 2013
    Super taro planted on HP and crafting poi yields 39 large cans of fuel/day without using much to combine. That's assuming three crafting cycles/day.
  • verongomeverongome Pumpkin Posts: 6Registered User Loose Cannon
    edited June 2013
    really nice post! thanks for the info. Did not know that.. :)
  • GumbootsGumboots Gabby Enthusiast Posts: 149Registered User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks heaps for the guide, learnt a few things here.