[ISSUE] Unable to connect with Google Play/game after update 10/19/18

hunter1438hunter1438 Not a Title, but a StarPosts: 32Registered User Forum Traveller
edited October 22 in Troubleshooting
Anyone else have this issue? Goes through the opening zynga logo screen. Then on the main empires and allies load screen is an endless loop of trying to connect through Google play games.

Comments

• HansMarwiHansMarwi Posts: 0Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

After the last update just minutes ago, now I can't play the game. It keeps trying to connect to Play games in an endless loop. Actually when started it already detected my email as usual, so why does it try to connect again?

• REMREM Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Have same issue. Please check into. Thanks so much.

• REMREM Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

If I reload game and then force close Google play store, I was able to get it to work. Mybe a conflicts between Google play store and the game.

• jsamtmannjsamtmann Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Same problem forced stop reloaded game and Google play still keeos trying to connecton my Samsung tablet after using latest software update
    Didn't do update on phone works fonr
  • jsamtmannjsamtmann Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Didnt do update on Samsung phone works fine
  • yurnxtyurnxt Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    edited October 21
    Yes I have an identical issue. Lost lots of resources :(
  • RegieRegie Posts: 11Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

I have more than one google account and had same issue after update. It tried to connect on old account for which password had changed hence endless loop. In the end managed to access via other account but have lost one of my level 25 bases

• KBARKBAR Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Sadly, I'm glad it isn't just me having this problem. Hopefully we'll see a fix soon. Missing my alliance war as we speak.
  • RegieRegie Posts: 11Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

If you keep tapping the centre of the screen it will bypass Google play.

• allballlsallballls Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

All these half-baked solutions you people are posting in this thread are garbage, and, risk destruction of player data. Go watch a curling match on the telly before offering your pseudo-support.

Zynga, you've done it again! You've nuked another batch of players, and have offered ZERO in the form of authoritative support, forcing people to rely on "the community" for self-support.

I'll be shorting your stock come Monday.

• wdale1117wdale1117 Posts: 12Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin
    Yes I am plagued with this ad well. Cannot connect with the game since the supposed update. Have uninstalled and installed several times. No success. Very frustrated. Very frustrated. Hope this gets resolved soon. Not happy.
  • schwanmanjimschwanmanjim Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Also having this problem. Cant even submit a trouble ticket. Needs fixed urgently.
  • yurnxtyurnxt Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    I'm still having this issue but I am able to get into the game by rapidly clicking the add as it appears until it finally lets me into the game.
  • Wayne75Wayne75 Posts: 37Registered User, Facebook Connect User Learning the Ropes

Yep...just noticed and done the update n now can't get onto game. Same problems as mentioned above.all I can say is it better be fixed quick or I'm definitely goin! Sick of giving zynga multiple 2nd chances just cos I like the game. Every update to solve problems just create a new n even worse problem. As I can see no one in authority has been on to offer reassurance that it will be fixed or even acknowledged that there is a problem. Nice one yet again zynga!!

• dodes1dodes1 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Same issue on Samsung phone. Tablet worked for about 15 minutes, then installed latest Zynga update. Now that is in the loop of death.
    My wife will be happy that I can no longer login. Time to find another game to play. Too many of these "issues" and this one has cost me a tone of resources

My phone downloaded the new update now cant get in either
  • RadioActiveLambRadioActiveLamb Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

I have the same issue. Nexus 6p

Does anyone know the status of a potential fix to this problem?
    This must be fixed. Would be nice if Zynga would acknowledge if they are currently working a fix. Have unable to participate in Alliance wars or counter attacks.
  • Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super Moderator Posts: 1,361Super Moderator Moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience, Commanders. The E&A team is currently looking into this issue. I suggest performing the workarounds outlined in this article that may help fix it. You may also try playing the game using your iOS or Facebook Gameroom in the meantime. Please stay tuned here for further updates. Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Have performed all of the steps mentioned in your article and STILL TO NO AVAIL! Please fix this extremely annoying bug soon.
    Will be extremely unhappy if I lose my base level as a result of this potential fix. Since being unable to enter the game I may have been kicked out of my alliance due to not being able to participate in any wars. Please restore my access as well ad other commanders to Empires & Allies soon.
  • ikellikell Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Me too, using Samsung S9. After update, can't connect to google play.

I just lost my main account last week, then this one followed... its frustrating...
  • Zeke_DlyoungZeke_Dlyoung Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

So after struggling with the same problem for some days now, I think I've figured it out.

The problem is that the game won't connect to google play. Most of you have probably already figured this out, but I'd like to add that you shouldn't force close, or "tap the middle of the screen until the game starts", as some people have suggested, as that will unlink your account from google play, and when that happens you will lose that base. I lost one of my bases in this way.

Just now, I got a software update which fixed the google play login problem for me.

tl;dr to those who are having this problem:
    1. Do not interrupt/force close google play, or you might lose your base.
    2. Use Gameoom (or an iOS device if you really have to...) instead as Facebook connection still works fine.

Hope this helps.

• texas8171texas8171 Posts: 314Registered User, Facebook Connect User Unstained Chieftain

I decided to update empires and allies, on my cell phone just to see if the problem was going to happen to me, on my cell phone. Empires and allies had a delay before letting me use google play. It just wanted me to sign into my gmail account, for me to connect to google play. Otherwise it was not going to let me connect to google play. But after that, I was able to connect to google play. I did try to ignore signing into gmail, just to see if it let me connect to google play anyways. But it didn't let me connect.

• RadioActiveLambRadioActiveLamb Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Oh man... I hope I don't lose my base. I've been playing for years, and used the "tapping" method to get in for the last few days. My account is linked to Facebook, so hopefully the base is saved there. I think it's in Google Play Games though, since I cannot access the base from my iPad.

I am trying to play using the Facebook Gameroom, since the Android app is broken for me (cannot sign-in to Google Play Games). Unfortunately, I cannot play with the Gameroom either. I get this screen. The update button doesn't do anything, and refreshing the page just reloads to this screen. I'm starting to think there's a conspiracy to keep me from playing.

Was finally able to enter the game after approximately 5 days of not being able due to the Google Game Play endless loop. Was able to play for about 6 hours. Just attempted to enter the game and it has reverted back to the ridiculous Google Game Play loop again. Please fix this ASAP.
  • Wayne75Wayne75 Posts: 37Registered User, Facebook Connect User Learning the Ropes

When my screen was on the endless loop,I just picked a blank space on the screen and tapped it a few times till it stopped and loaded the game. Still can't connect to Google play but can at least play as normal. Well I can on the accounts I still have since doing the update as they have managed to lose a 3yr old account somewhere! Would have lost millions of resources and still no sign of a fix. Frustrating as f...!

Any status on the fix? Please resolve.