E&A DevSpeak #12: Alliance War Exploit & Gifting System Upgrade

Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super ModeratorPosts: 1,284Super Moderator Moderator

[September 18, 2018]
Hi Commanders!

Our team is continuously working hard to give you the best playing experience and what motivates us is you! We have received hundreds of requests from across community and forums with regard to the new Gifting System and decided to go back to the previous system after hearing all your concerns. Your feedback has always been our priority, and we hope that you continue sharing with us your views and help us make your favorite game better every day. Thank you, and enjoy playing Empires and Allies.

Over & Out,
Team E&A

[September 12, 2018]
Hello Commanders,

Empires and Allies team is always striving hard to give you the best gaming experience and saying that we also stand by fair gameplay at all times.

We have been reviewing all the comments and requests we have received from you, with respect to the change in gifting flow. Hearing you out and taking all of that into consideration, we are now extending the gifting limits from 10 per day to 15 per day. Zynga always encourages fair gameplay, and the change in the gifting system was implemented in the best interest of its players. Thank you and keep playing.

Over & Out,
Team E&A

[September 3, 2018]
Good Morning Commanders!

The changes for Alliance jumping and gifting are now being rolled out. Many of you have raised valid concerns regarding these, and we would like to clarify a few points.

Firstly, a recurring concern was that jumping will be blocked – this is not our intention. We understand that many of our loyal players jump Alliances for the thrill of battles, so we have no immediate plans of stopping it. We will only gradually reduce Alliance War loot gained for every Alliance switched; however, the minimum AvA loot will not be lower than that earned via Quick Matches.

Second, we have tied the loot earned with the number of flags captured. This is done so that like players who switch benefit from the additional War, the alliance also benefits from the player joining.

Finally, we are working hard on fixing all the other issues that many of you have raised, such as matchmaking with the same opponents and error codes. We are also looking into your feedback on how we can improve Alliance Missions. We will give an update on these soon.

Thank you all for your patience. See you on the battlefield.

Over & Out,
Team E&A

[August 28, 2018]
In continuation of our efforts to fix persisting issues in the game including performance (crashes, errors etc.) as well as overall balance in combat, we would like to share certain changes we are planning for Alliance Wars.

We have known for some time that there are certain players who switch alliances very frequently (some up to 50 times a day) in order to gain resources and war factory components from multiple Alliance Wars. We have always held this as detrimental to the game since this gives a small number of players an advantage over everyone else in terms of faster progression as well as better offense/defense. We blocked this behavior for some time in Nov ’16, however from the player feedback we found there were some players who were switching alliances frequently for another reason. We found a lot of players were doing this not for extra rewards but because they wanted to play more Alliance battles simply because they found them more fun. This is something we didn’t want to prevent and decided to roll back the changes at the time.

For many months now, we have been working on something really exciting to solve this problem of players not having enough opportunity to play as a team against other teams. Alliance Missions is our answer to this sentiment. We have carefully designed Alliance Missions to be highly intensive, engaging and of course social. As you may be aware, we have currently done a Beta launch and we will keep fixing/adding things basis your response and feedback. Also, we are already planning to add other interesting features to make it even more fun.

Coming to Alliance Wars, we will not prevent players from participating in multiple Wars if they so choose. However, we have decided to progressively reduce the ‘max’ rewards obtainable from Alliance Wars with every additional Alliance switch players do in a day. This reduction will continue until the rewards are comparable with other battle modes eg. Quick matches. Additionally, only for players who are switching Alliances, the rewards will also be scaled proportionally to the number of flags they win (with the ‘max’ reward above as the cap). This is to ensure that Alliances these players join actually benefit from the new members. Spectators of an Alliance War will not get any loot, this is to encourage participation of alliance members in the Wars. Finally, we wish to clarify that players who are not switching Alliances but participating in the War will not be impacted in terms of quantity of resources or war factory components they win from Alliance Wars. However, the expiry time for Alliance Wars rewards in the gift inbox will be reduced to 7 days for all players.

Finally, we are also introducing some changes to the gifting system as part of our effort to ensure compliance with new GDPR laws. Going forward players who need resource assistance can continue to make a request to their Alliance Members and friends. However, a player cannot select another player and choose to send them resources without receiving such a request first. Additionally, we will be introducing a per day cap on the number of times such requests can be made.

All of the above improvements will be made live in a few days. While we understand there will be a period of difficulty in getting used to these changes, we firmly believe these will go a long way in fixing common issues players are facing. We will continue to work on these and other issues that you share with us, we do request your support in making E&A better for everyone.

Over & Out,
Team E&A.

Comments

• DumfriesMartinDumfriesMartin Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller

Big problem for me in my wars as I normally have a go at the top bases but will get less loot now if I’m not successful! More of a problem is inappropriate war matches meaning people who do fight have few appropriate targets and if they try but don’t get all 3 flags will get less loot!

• Mugsy125uMugsy125u Pumpkin Posts: 57Registered User This Space is Available

This is what complaining does. Now deal with it!

• DumfriesMartinDumfriesMartin Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller

I think there is more to this as I predicted it when the upgrade changed things with the phallic tower! Zynga are trying to get rid of the high end players as they don’t buy enough gold but play all the time using server resources! Which is annoying as I’m one of them kind of, they are trying to keep th gold buying weekend warriors happy by getting rid of the hardest war opponents. Won’t work as it never does I’ve already got 150+ alpha troops and 100 extra tarmac etc put by so I keep my advantage and others can’t match it! Funky!

• jacmicajacmica Posts: 70Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    edited August 28
    Another smiley moment zynga you have messed up again and will have to eat eat humble pie , I stopped when you banned jumping and came back when you realised you where wrong rotflmao then the robot wars started ha!! but most hung on then the sonic come out of the cupboard seriously what **** thought thats a good idea but those of us who have been here since the beginning have seen the inempt handling of this game before. Codes 17,21,5,4,3 an on and on it goes but still no change but you have the inevitable light bulb moment of how to make it even worse and this is it WELL DONE.... im out ...might come back if you find the humble pie ...idiots
  • jacmicajacmica Posts: 70Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    Just on a side note , fair play to the guys who do 50 wars a day but i assume they are a very tiny winnie small number and have very little impact on the rest of us your just using a fabian approach on this and it isnt lost on me ..... im lucky to jump five a day with the lagg time your game creates “ check your network connection “ ha ha ha ha 50 a day i smell bs
  • __BP____BP__ Posts: 128Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper
    edited August 28

I get the feeling this is to target the matched train jumper more than jumpers that jump maybe 10 times a day. Some of the top teams can be doing 40+ matched wars in the space of a couple of hours.

Yes agreed, some of the top chaps do a lot of war trains but so they can fight other top guys, it’s Zyngas inability to design a decent war matching system that’s the problem not the jumper alliances! People moan as they get bad war matches but you are to blame if you are stupid enough to worry about upgrading your defences! For example just beat a lvl95, 90 and 86 in war! Sadly cant beat the lvl81, er that makes sense! Game just jumped the shark, will find new hobby!

I know why I can’t beat the 81 as he is very tough omega wise etc but it shouldn’t be so omega or wf factory component centred! Game was better before robots or all the rest of the useless rubbish zynga have sent our war, simple fact is people who ply the game more often than a couple of hours a week will be better than the complaining winging weekend warriors Zynga listen to! Sadly Zynga are not sensible people and are unable to process simple facts about their game!

Jacmica you are right it’s a tiny minority, I met one who did 250 in one day, he doesn’t wear nappies apparently! To do 50 wars a day means doing all the attacks to to get loot asneed a flag so it’s really hard and I only do it at weekends and a max of 25 wars per day, typical Zynga made up poo!

• GOSHAWKGOSHAWK Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

:s i cant tell nothing of the zynga because this and of words for write ...you alll zynga boss and staff finnaly **** the game ..congratulations 111you very good developent for E& A
    .congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations

• AshAsh Posts: 5Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

What a load of bs this is ! @Furious how many hours per day do you play may I ask ? 1-2 ? You haven’t got a clue really have you ? I have played from the start watching these changes take place poured money into the game loved the game at times hated it others,@aloha bunny have you guys asked each and every player there views ? I don’t think so zynga really do need to ask the players what would improve the game instead of implementing silly changes I for one am enjoying the challenge of getting 3 flags in qm wars etc but I think the gifting really needs a good rethink !

• GoJump1GoJump1 Posts: 11Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

@GOSHAWK said:
    :s i cant tell nothing of the zynga because this and of words for write ...you alll zynga boss and staff finnaly **** the game ..congratulations 111you very good developent for E& A
    .congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations.congratulations

Based on your post , I can tell you don’t spend much time playing , and want a participation trophy for not being as active as most players are . Pathetic ! If you support chasing off all the very active players , you will have no wars . No missions . You will be playing in a wasteland of inactive accounts . I’m assuming you haven’t thought about this , are anything else with any sense of logic . Smh!

• __BP____BP__ Posts: 128Registered User, Facebook Connect User The Pesky Helper
    edited August 28

@jacmica said:
    BP said:
    > I get the feeling this is to target the matched train jumper more than jumpers that jump maybe 10 times a day. Some of the top teams can be doing 40+ matched wars in the space of a couple of hours.

Yes i know , but seriously have you done a train ? Your ears ring, your head aches, your eyes begin to bleed then your wife walks out on you because you haven’t lifted your head from “ that “ screen in 12 hrs i still say fair play to them should give them a tub of gold for being that dedicated

I’m not talking about normal wars. I’m talking about the matched trains where they do 40+ jumps in 2-3 hours. They are fixed so one side wins (usually a P4+ alliance) and one side just take flags then join winner side for full loot. On loot day they pick up 40+ win loots in 2-3 hrs. These trains take very little effort.

Im a jumper myself and have done a few matched trains in the past but I enjoy a good war. I actually got kicked from the group I was in for a matched war train because one of the drivers didn’t like me hitting their big bases lol. I’m going to wait and see what the changes are and how they affect wars before passing judgment.

• GOSHAWKGOSHAWK Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

i haven been play all day many hours.!!!!!ı have 100 or maybe friends have . we always online player and we make series war always . and we meet new friends around world. we can play this game not only game we like meet new friends and .if you remove jump how we can enjoy this game... you really belive you very good development? your last update make very strong our defanse now we need more oil for make soldıer. where we can get? ohh sorry we must buy gold ? you want sell gold us . .. i think you really dont care of our play game .. what we can do ? we must accept your all do ?
    ( you can write While we understand there will be a period of difficulty in getting used to these changes, we firmly believe these will go a long way in fixing common issues players are facing. We will continue to work on these and other issues that you share with us, we do request your support in making E&A better for everyone.) and tell us need our support .. i think you dont care our support . you can do want you want!!!!!thanks