[Event FAQ] Operation Manticore

mhakimhaki Super ModeratorPosts: 10,565Super Moderator Moderator
edited September 12 in Announcements & Updates

Q: What is Operation Manticore?
A: Operation Manticore is a story driven limited time 4-week PvE event. You progress linearly defeating handcrafted bases & unlocking narrative pieces along the way.

Q: How can I participate in this Event?
A: Any player on HQ 9 and above can participate in the event.

Q: Can I participate in the event if I progressed to HQ 9, when the event was already underway?
A: Yes, you will be able to participate and progress through the event, given that it has not ended.

Q: Can I participate in the event after the event timer is over?
A: No. This is a limited time event. The player has to progress through the event within the 4-week period.

Q: How do I access Operation Manticore?
A: To view your progress in Operation manticore, tap on the Operation Manticore HUD icon.

Q: How do I Unlock mission in the event?
A: Missions in Operation Manticore are getting unlocked in a linear manner — every accomplished missions opens the next one.

To unlock a base for attack, you have to spend INTEL; a currency used exclusively to unlock maps in Operation Manticore.

Q: What is Intel and how do I gain it?
A: Intel is a currency the players uses to reveal the objective on a given base.

A player can gain Intel as a reward by achieving victories in Quick Matches. The amount of Intel the players will receive depends on the number of Stars they achieve on Victory.

Additionally, Intel is getting granted every 24 hours upon entering the Event and also awarded by completing missions in Operation Manticore.

Q: What are the different types of mission in Operation Manticore?
A: There are 4 different types of mission in Operation Manticore-
1. Objective “Destroy” – Destroy Enemy base and Earn 3-Star Victory
2. Objective “Hack” - Find and Hack a specified building to retrieve information
3. Objective “Neutralize” - Find and Neutralize a target building
4. Objective “Destroy Stronghold” - Destroy Enemy Boss’ Stronghold

More Info on the mission below.

Q: How can I view comics?
A: You can view comics in the corresponding mission screen after defeating each of the Manticore Strongholds.

Tap on the Comic to zoom-in or zoom-out.

Q: What rewards will I receive by completing missions in this event?
A: Completing a mission in Operation Manticore will reward you with Resources (Supply, Steel, Fuel and Tech), Intel and a Crate.

Q: What rewards will I receive by completing the entire Event?
A: Completing the Operation Manticore event will award you with a) Manticore Insignia — 3-days global boost that enables a 10% research discount on all Troops and Command Powers and 10% Upgrades discount (except HQ); b) Exclusive Manticore Flag

Q: What type of rewards does the crate contain?
A: The crate contains boost which will help you in resource generation, speed-ups, improving offensive or defensive capabilities. You can view the content of the crate by tapping on the (i) icon over the crate. (Image Above)

Q: What type of boost can I buy for Operation Manticore?
A: You can buy Gunship Boost and Nukes for Operation Manticore, some players will also be able to use command points boosts basis certain criteria. These boosts are active for a limited time and can be only be used in Operation Manticore.

Q: What do I have to do in Mission Objective “DESTROY”?
A: In mission Objective “Destroy”, your objective is to completely destroy enemy’s base, achieving a 3-Star victory.

Anything other than 3-Stars will not be considered as a Victory for Objective “Destroy”.

Q: What do I have to do in Mission Objective “HACK”?
A: In mission Objective “Hack”, your objective is to find and Hack the outlined structure specific to that mission. Details of the structure that should to be hacked is provided before you start the mission. There will be multiple instances of the specified structure, so your task is to find the right structure and hack it.

For Hacking the structure and transmitting the data to HQ, you will be provided with a Special CnC Vehicle. Only this special CnC will be able to perform the hack on the specified structure. Normal CnC cannot perform this task.

Hacking the wrong building will not initiate the hack protocol.

Remember, during subsequent attempts the specific instance of the structure housing the hack data may be changed.

Moreover, finding the right structure and initiating hack on it, will alert the enemy to call for reinforcement units.

If the Special CnC or the structure housing the info for hack are destroyed, the mission will instantly fail.

Q: What do I have to do in Mission Objective “NEUTRALIZE”?
A: In mission Objective “Neutralize”, your objective is to eliminate a target housed in a specified Defensive Structure. Details of the structure that should be destroyed is provided before you start the mission. There will be multiple instances of the specified structure, so your task is to find the right Defensive Structure and destroy it.

When targeting the right structure, it will be highlighted in red. The target structure is special and will have higher HP and will deal more damage.

Remember, during subsequent attempts the specific instance of the structure housing the target may be changed.

Destroy the target structure to successfully complete the mission.

Q: What do I have to do in Mission Objective “DESTROY STRONGHOLDS”?
A: In mission Objective “Destroy Stronghold”, your objective is to destroy the enemy’s stronghold 100%, achieving a 3-Star victory.

All the structures in enemy’s strongholds will have powerful compared to their normal counterparts. Defensive structures will have higher health and their attacks will do more damage.

Since the Stronghold base are more powerful than normal bases, they will require multiple attacks to destroy completely. Stronghold carry ‘persistent damage’. That means any damage done to the stronghold will sustain during the next attack.

But remember, if the player does not attack the Stronghold again within 30 minutes, the damaged structures will start regenerating health over time.

Moreover, all the Rally Flag units and the Omega Unit will be re-stationed during every attack.

The player has limited number of attacks until the Stronghold regenerates completely to 100%. Until you hit the limit, the Stronghold will carry persistent damage and will regenerate over time. Post limit, the number of attacks reset and Stronghold is restored to 100%.

Q: How do structures regenerate health or rebuild entirely?
A: If the stronghold is not attacked within 30 minutes of the previous attack, the structures will start regenerating health. They will regenerate some portion of health every 30 minutes if they are not re-attacked.

Moreover, a destroyed structure will be rebuilt in 6 hrs. if the base is not attacked. Post rebuild, they will start regenerating health every 30 minutes.

To stop regeneration structures, attack the stronghold within 30 minutes from the previous attack.

Join the discussion here.

This discussion has been closed.