Feedback for Omega Unit: Gator

General_GreyGeneral_Grey Posts: 195Super Moderator Moderator

Share your thoughts here, Commanders! Watch this trailer, and stay tuned for more updates.

Comments

• spikeniccispikenicci Posts: 51Registered User, Facebook Connect User This Space is Available

Another waste of time. Get rid of the Omega units. Not more.

• Ken_KenKen_Ken Posts: 89Registered User, Facebook Connect User Dramachine
    When will be the release date?
  • ElephaneitorElephaneitor Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

so, what is this? what are you thinking, Zynga?
    Gator seems to have the Health of the Colossus and the damage of the viper, and also a built-in shield?
    Its too powerful, there is no way that a Falcon -for example- could beat him.

I think is neccessary to reduce his features a little: reduce his health or damage, or maybe augment the Falcon's damage

• spikeniccispikenicci Posts: 51Registered User, Facebook Connect User This Space is Available

I have said this already in other posts and people are agreeing with me. We don't need another Omega unit in this game. We need better defences and more strategy in building better bases without ANY omega units. They just waste this game totally and it's not about base design anymore. It's about who has the deepest pockets and who cheats the most now to get where they want to be. The players who play by the rules and don't spend on gold are left to suffer as usual and never listened to as always. As always thanx for NOT listening to us and sending another nail into the coffin of this dying game.

• glagla Posts: 70Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet
    Just dont complain play it and understand it and then counter it lol
  • Lt columboLt columbo Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 63Registered User Captain Obvious

I noted that you get more exp by dmg against you as well, like falcon, so I expect more guys using there nuke on him to get max xp. Will xp be lowered if you heal gator before you leave the base?

• Quetzalcoatl2015Quetzalcoatl2015 The One Who Knows It All Posts: 583Registered User Goldsmith

Boring and cheap games, that is what an omega does to the game
    I quit playing about 6 mo ths ago just to come back and see a new omega unit

O well i will unistall agai

• Lt columboLt columbo Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 63Registered User Captain Obvious

Maybe if you upgraded your omega unit you may see something different on defence. If the new gator is so strong sounds to me I would want lvl him up to defend muh base

@ Lt Colombo. It's not about levelling up ANY omega unit it's about making the game actually playable again and not about just levelling up these stupid robots that ruin this game. The game used to be about strategy. It's not anymore. It's just a waste of time now.

• FapoleonFapoleon Posts: 97Registered User, Facebook Connect User Chocolatier

Besides that I don't like the way you think you can speak for all the players ...

Yes, Omega units are way to strong! I rarely find a player (even maxed out players) which I cannot defeat with at least one star with my omega unit only. This IS unbalanced! Sure, for the most bases you will still need your troops to three-star it, but a single Omega unit should not be much stronger than all the other troops from the tarmacs together.

Honestly, removing the Omega units would take a lot of fun for me, as they are conceptional really cool. But they must be trimmed in order to try to get the game back to something you can call "balanced". Maybe let players level them up to level 5 with the current level 5 stats. Increase exp needed to level them up. To me it is clear that the way they are overpowered right now destroys the game!

• General_GreyGeneral_Grey Posts: 195Super Moderator Moderator

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Commanders. The early access for the Gator is now available, and you may now unleash it on the battlefield to see its abilities. On the other hand, applying Strike Force, using War Factory buildings and knowing the weaknesses of Omega Units will help you defend against it. Nonetheless, I'll have the details and suggestions that were shared here forwarded to the team. Keep playing Empires and Allies.

• deliriouzdeliriouz Posts: 10Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin
    Gator is way too powerful. Even at low levels u can drop it next to a hq surrounded by level 12 rails and an omega and it will take the base down (hq hunting). .

Also can anyone tell me
    1. how gator gains xp ( seems to be related to using the superpower and getting hurt)
    2. How the gator shield is activated? Is it time based?
    3. What are it's weaknesses? Apart from being slow, i haven't found one yet.

ㅓㅓㅓㅓㅏㅏㅏㅏㅓㅓㅓㅓㅏㅏㅏㅏ
    Alliance: Hide Fite
    ** active Aussie players welcome**

General_Grey. You ask us to keep playing empire and allies but all the time no one listens to the players and you keep giving us what we don't want. All you are doing is driving people away from the game but it looks like that is what you want to do so the game can be closed down. The feedback we give you is never listened to or acted on.

@General_Grey said:
    On the other hand, applying Strike Force, using War Factory buildings and knowing the weaknesses of Omega Units will help you defend against it.

No way. Same for all 4 Omega units - war factory power ups are good against normal troops ... but useless against Omega Units.

@deliriouz I guess it is similar to the Colossus - get it damaged to get more xp.

• седойседой Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

а где обещаные подарки за угадонное название нового героя омега

• jhonnyplumberjhonnyplumber Posts: 509Registered User, Facebook Connect User Enthusiastic Expert

the people complaining that their base cant defend itself arent trying hard enough.. i have an iq 75 base that defends itself against iq 91 , as many as 75 times in 2 weeks... you people seem to think that your base should defend every attack on it, yet at the same time you can defeat any base because youre just so awesome at the game... omegas havent ruined this game, the abuse of alpha tarmacs and the ability to buy 7 strike force over and over again is what ruins the game for me.. i play without alpha tarmacs and no strike force as this is how i test myself, but when i get retaliated by almost every player using 8-9 alpha tarmacs and 7 strike force, it becomes pointless , because im playing against ppl with no back bone....

Absolutely disagree here. Once you understand how the Omega units can be used, there IS no base that could stop them. Show me one base you think would withstand a player who knows how to play a Falcon or a Viper for example. I am really curious what layouts you suggest :)

Beeing able to set up a good base defense only works against troops, imo - not against any Omega unit.

• jhonnyplumberjhonnyplumber Posts: 509Registered User, Facebook Connect User Enthusiastic Expert

i used a stealth generator , hives and war factory add ons and the current #1 player in the game crashed and burned , with 9 alpha and 7 strike force.. and his robot ... what part you dont understand about an iq 75 base defending against a maxed out player i dont get.. if the games so easy why on earth do most high medal holders only play using 8 alpha tarmacs and 7 strike force... not many players out there who can take out a whole base with just the omega... if you can take out "any and all" max bases with "full war factory toys" and only need your omega , then good luck to you, not everyone can do "any and all" bases with just the omega. i put videos up all the time, do you?

Did you actually read my comments? I mean both?

1st: I said that ANY base can be attacked with the omega unit only and you get at least one star. For 3 stars you will still need some troops to support your omega - please read!
    2nd: That SOME players fail SOME attacks cannot prove a base to be undefeatable...
    I still meet a lot of high level or maxed out players e.g. in ava but also in qm who have no idea how to use their units and CP. So I do not see your arguments bringing the Omega unit discussion any further.

now im confused,your rant makes no sense too me... if the omega is so overpowered (like youre saying along with others)1 star with an omega only should be a dissapointment, 2 stars with an omega only , you should try harder, 3 stars with an omega only, youre doing well... i will make my argument clear and simple,, i enjoy playing with the omega units more than i do with drones, strikers or any of that other **** that ive been using for 3 years. if youre not happy your base cant defend as well as you would like , just use a stealth generator and hardly anyone will attack you any way, <<< again because the games sooooo easy and no ones scared of losing or anything silly like that ....

edited March 15

I'm not ranting at all. I stated my points clear. If we have different opinions about what makes attacking worth or successful etc. - which seems to be the case - that's fine for me and we will live with that.
    But ... I really do not like the fact, that a SINGLE omega unit is stronger than ALL other troops combined, no matter if you use alpha tarmacs and stuff. And this is the point where I think a huge unbalance comes into play. This does NOT mean I don't like the units in general - but indeed some of the changes to gameplay and possibilites they bring along (like making a HQ-raid much easier than ever before)

Is building a good base an important thing to you about THIS game? (for me it is, as it is called a strategy game) Does that include being able to protect your resources from attackers? (uhm, yes of course!)
    Now, if you agree on that: you can AT LEAST 1-star ANY base with the omega only, right!? ... than we have the following problem: it does not matter anymore how well you construct your base! (your defense might be doing well vs normal troops, but all the weapons can't do a thing against an omega) -> Thus, the (easy) omega attacks makes the defenses ALMOST (not entirely!) pointless! And finally THIS has nothing to do with a strategy game to my mind ...

My point totally. This is not a game of strategy anymore. It's just about omega units. No matter what defence is in place the omega units always swing it for the attacker. This game needs to get get back to basics and make it a strategy game again and get rid of the stupid omega units and let us build properly defended bases against proper units and no robots.

Just another heads up. On the global chat on 2 different servers the gator is getting slated and people asking zynga to get rid of it and do something about it. Mostly the feedback I see is negative from all over the world. Let's see how much this mob are really listening now and whether our feedback is any good or if it will be ignored as always.

the most important thing to me when playing this game is to have fun.. defending against someone who may be a better player than me, happens during retaliations, which is when i put effort into defense strategy. why has no explanation as to why most top players NEED 8 alpha tarmacs and 7 strikeforce along with robot ion cannon and bonus cp , to play if these omega units are so overpowered? no comment on as to why when i use a stealth generator , i get maybe 2 attacks per day, and only by someone using 8-9 alpha tarmacs and 7 strike force??? those two things alone tell me game cant be as easy as people make out.. as for a robot being able to get 1 star on almost any base, so can 1 drone hovered over a hq at atime ,,,

You obviously care enough to keep posting here trying to defend the omega units. Yeah I can see how much you don't care hahaha.

edited March 16

i sure dont care that you dont like the omegas and are unhappy your base is weak.. me i quit because playing against spineless players who cant play without alpha tarmacs and strike force make it pointless.. hahaha

This discussion has been closed.