Commanders! Defend your base with the protection of the new EMP and Bastion towers, and eliminate
your enemies with the power of Ravager M8. Watch the Video Trailer and join the discussion.

E&A DevSpeak #11: Action on Globe and Hero XP Exploits

Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super ModeratorSuper Moderator Posts: 939 Moderator

We have noticed certain players taking undue advantage of the ‘Change Mission’ option in the globe battles.

This feature is meant to give players the option to change bases which they find too difficult so that they can continue progressing and enjoying the game at their own pace. However some players misuse this by deliberately restricting themselves to a 1-2 star victory while gaining all resources from the base; they then use ‘Change Mission’ (some over hundreds of times every day) to farm virtually limited resources out of the same base. This gives them an unfair edge over other bona fide players many of whom have voiced their concerns to us.

We have implemented a solution to this in the latest release in response to said player requests. We realize that this option has been available to players from the early days of the game and removing it outright is not the solution. Hence, we have implemented a solution to make it gradually unattractive with use.

We will allow for a fixed number of free ‘change mission’ actions everyday which will work same as the current system - the player can use ‘change mission’ and then either wait for the new map to be available or skip the timer using 5 gold. The limit will not be specific to bases but will apply on total change mission actions taken on the entire globe. We have kept the free limit sufficiently high so that players changing bases because of genuine reasons will not be impacted. This limit will be visible to players on their map. Also, this limit will reset every day at 00:00 PST with the same number of actions available again for the next day.

For players who wish to change missions more often than the provided limit, the option to do so will be available by using gold. The gold cost will increase with each successive skip until it reaches a sufficiently high number at which point it will be capped.

In a similar vein as above, we have seen certain players using scripting/botting to level up their Omega Units in Globe Battles and/or Killswitch event. We have taken the decision to limit the Omega XP gained from Globe battles after a fixed number of battles. Also no Omega XP will be gained from Killswitch maps after a 3 star victory. As before we have kept the limit sufficiently high so that genuine players do not lose out of Omega XP.

We have taken these decisions to strengthen fairer competition within the player community without impacting genuine players. We understand that for some of our players who have become habituated to this it might be seem like a bother for some time, but we request you to stick with the game a little bit longer. We are confident that this is the right decision in the interest of the community and it will make the game more fun in the long run. We hope our players will appreciate the effort we put into this and support our decision. We are, as always open to feedback and suggestions to make Empires and Allies more fun.

Over and out,
Team E&A.

Tagged:

Comments

• SascijocoSascijoco Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 77 Black Sheep of ze Internet
  • Yusuke YamadaYusuke Yamada Investigator Registered User Posts: 453 Colossal Titan Slayer

Thank you Zynga! I love this improvement. Now we’ll have to go to Quick Match more to enjoy the game, so I would like “double-up recourses events” to gain much recourse from Quick Match.

• glagla Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 47 Building Expert
    I lvl my falcon on quick match @Carm are u dumb or what..you guys want easy farm at globe with no one attack u..
  • Yusuke YamadaYusuke Yamada Investigator Registered User Posts: 453 Colossal Titan Slayer
    What about giving XP per dozens of matches after limited? I’m considering the league that we have to fight so many times with few XP.
  • GeovanesribeiroGeovanesribeiro Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 2 Not a Title, but a Star

isto é um absurdo. como ousam ultrapassar ilimitadamente o limite pelo qual nos beneficia com pouco que ganhamos ? ou vocês colocam como estava ou irá perder jogadores que gastam dinheiro como eu. sem mais. absurdo.

• SascijocoSascijoco Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 77 Black Sheep of ze Internet
    > @Xterminator said:
    > > @Aloha Bunny said:
    > > We have noticed certain players taking undue advantage of the ‘Change Mission’ option in the globe battles.
    > >
    > > This feature is meant to give players the option to change bases which they find too difficult so that they can continue progressing and enjoying the game at their own pace. However some players misuse this by deliberately restricting themselves to a 1-2 star victory while gaining all resources from the base; they then use ‘Change Mission’ (some over hundreds of times every day) to farm virtually limited resources out of the same base. This gives them an unfair edge over other bona fide players many of whom have voiced their concerns to us.
    > >
    > > We have implemented a solution to this in the latest release in response to said player requests. We realize that this option has been available to players from the early days of the game and removing it outright is not the solution. Hence, we have implemented a solution to make it gradually unattractive with use.
    > >
    > > We will allow for a fixed number of free ‘change mission’ actions everyday which will work same as the current system - the player can use ‘change mission’ and then either wait for the new map to be available or skip the timer using 5 gold. The limit will not be specific to bases but will apply on total change mission actions taken on the entire globe. We have kept the free limit sufficiently high so that players changing bases because of genuine reasons will not be impacted. This limit will be visible to players on their map. Also, this limit will reset every day at 00:00 PST with the same number of actions available again for the next day.
    > >
    > > For players who wish to change missions more often than the provided limit, the option to do so will be available by using gold. The gold cost will increase with each successive skip until it reaches a sufficiently high number at which point it will be capped.
    > >
    > > In a similar vein as above, we have seen certain players using scripting/botting to level up their Omega Units in Globe Battles and/or Killswitch event. We have taken the decision to limit the Omega XP gained from Globe battles after a fixed number of battles. Also no Omega XP will be gained from Killswitch maps after a 3 star victory. As before we have kept the limit sufficiently high so that genuine players do not lose out of Omega XP.
    > >
    > > We have taken these decisions to strengthen fairer competition within the player community without impacting genuine players. We understand that for some of our players who have become habituated to this it might be seem like a bother for some time, but we request you to stick with the game a little bit longer. We are confident that this is the right decision in the interest of the community and it will make the game more fun in the long run. We hope our players will appreciate the effort we put into this and support our decision. We are, as always open to feedback and suggestions to make Empires and Allies more fun.
    > >
    > > Over and out,
    > > Team E&A.
    >
    > Great Work on this! I am one of the top 10 players in the leaderboard and I am glad that this was done.. I would encourage you to look into another issue before its too late and you loose more of your paying customers.. The concern we have is this.
    >
    > Alliances with Prestige Level 4 or above can get rare loot every war..... There are people who are exploiting this unfairly by having about 20 **** wars a day and getting hoards and hoards of rare loot without spending a dime.. This is plain taking advantage of a loophole in the game.. We pay a lot money to buy the gold needed to purchase war factory components and now these guys are using another mean to do it completely for free... And this method of jumping to get rare loot from wars has become very unfavorable to non jumping players and alliances as our members are leaving to move to jumping alliances... YOU GUYS ARE LOOSING YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS!! PUT A STOP FOR JUMPING TO GET HOARDS OF RARE LOOT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.. If this continues very soon all normal alliances will fall apart and your paying customers will get demortivated... I am the general of a very very high rank alliance (one of the top 5 I won't say which) which is taking damage because of this unfair style of gameplay caused by jumping..
    >
    > My suggestion make it so you can only get rare loot from wars once every day.. Like it you get rare loot from war today then it activates a timer for 24 hours which will prevent you from receiving more until the next day... This will bring back fair play to the game and also to your customers..
    >
    > I am well aware most of the jumpers here will give a lot of hate on this comment but it's up to you to make a business desision.. Who do you care about?? Jumpers who don't pay you nothing? Or your customers who spend 100ds of dollars playing the game the right way?

Hahaha you are delusional Top 10 Player, Zynga doesn’t care what rank you are or anyone else for that matter, time to wake up
  • gerardgerard Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin
    Xterminator is in alliance DOA...AND HAS 28K MEDALS LOL.....FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND ETC...COME JOIN EMPIRES AND ALLIES WIKI LEAKS!...I WILL ADD U!...JOIN US
  • gerardgerard Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 10 Pumpkin
    Join empires and allies WIKI LEAKS!.....FOR LATEST NEWS
  • JesseMcguireJesseMcguire Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 14 Pumpkin
    edited October 16
  • JesseMcguireJesseMcguire Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 14 Pumpkin
    edited October 16
  • wheelzwheelz Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 13 Pumpkin

This is the DUMBEST thing to do!!! You had people playing for hours spending money now WHY PLAY AT ALL NEVER EVER SHOULD DICOURAGE GAME PLAY HECK I WOULD ENCOURAGE FARMING OFFER DOUBLE THE RESOURCES IF YOU BOUGHT A DOUBLER. this game has jumped the shark

This discussion has been closed.