Commanders, we’ve noticed certain players taking undue advantage of the ‘Change Mission’ option in the globe battles, as well as the use of scripting/botting to level up their Omega Units. We have taken the decisions to allow for a fixed number of free ‘change mission’ actions, and to limit the Omega XP gained. These actions are to strengthen fairer competition within the player community without impacting genuine players. Visit the E&A DevSpeak #11 to read more.

defending viper barrages early

jhonnyplumberjhonnyplumber Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 197 Fisherman

can anyone explain too me what has changed with the viper when on defense that allows it to barrage before its even attacked. as seen in the video, i have had this happen several times today

Comments

• glagla Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 41 Grasshopper
    I have an observation after falcon patch released the viper in sniper mode "execute" is gone or not working so where is 1 shot 1 kill now in viper in defensive total useless?

Watch carefully im the attacker and im not use my sprint so i can see if 1 shot 1 kill in both of us works
    Yea and they change viper without noticing us i report it to the support and keeps denying watch here my vid witch vipers execute gone 1shot 1 kill
    Im the attacker and im not using combat stim if it works but not. How we can kill attacker high lvl colosus now
  • Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 905 Moderator

I appreciate your feedback regarding the Barrage skill of Viper, and it looks like it was activated when one of the Attack Drone of your opponent reached the range of your Omega Unit, @jhonnyplumber. Also, every shot fired in Sniper Mode has a chance to instantly execute its target, @gla. Thanks for sharing these videos, and I'll forward it to the team.

• jhonnyplumberjhonnyplumber Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 197 Fisherman
    edited September 17

@Aloha Bunny said:
    I appreciate your feedback regarding the Barrage skill of Viper, and it looks like it was activated when one of the Attack Drone of your opponent reached the range of your Omega Unit, @jhonnyplumber. Also, every shot fired in Sniper Mode has a chance to instantly execute its target, @gla. Thanks for sharing these videos, and I'll forward it to the team.

but even if 1 drone did go within range, its first shots fired should have been short range or sniper mode, untill the time elapsed for it to barrage. it appears to me that the viper (super ability) can be activated as soon as you make first contact with a base, as per if you disturb a defending colossus, or a defending falcon. in the past the viper was not like this. thats why i asked if changes have been made to the way the viper operates.

Well you guys must test it it doesn't really work now instant kill doesn't work at omega unit anymore defending viper is very useles now against viper with combat stim
    Bec some sore loser attackers complain about viper defense 1 hit killed.. And they nerf it you guys always matter offensive not on defensive its the only thing that viper had a chance against omega unit with combat stim
    Every shot fired there is chance of execute its target? How can u explain this? Im using colosus lvl 12 enemy viper lvl 14