Commanders! Get ready to witness the 'Guardian' of skies defend your units and destroy your enemies in no time.
You can now earn Cybernetic Cores from quick matches and Elite Caches to unlock the Omega Unit
Falcon in the Robotics Bay building. For more info: Video Trailer || FAQ || Discussion.

Alpha, Beta?

BigCountryBigCountry Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

Can some one explain how the Alpha/Beta designation can be used in battle?

Comments

• General_GreyGeneral_Grey Super Moderator Posts: 30 Moderator

Hi, @BigCountry . Control Groups (Alpha, Bravo, Charlie) are basically used to command your troops when attacking, and can be assigned on each of your Troop Tarmacs. For example, when you click Alpha, all units assigned to it will be selected and will do the specific order. It'll be helpful for a strategic offense while reducing the demand for Flare to maximize your Command Points. Good luck, Commander!

• hunter1438hunter1438 Not a Title, but a Star Registered User Posts: 12 Pumpkin

The confusing part in the beginning is thinking you can drop them on the battlefield using Alpha/beta. It will only direct them after you have dropped them into battle.

I occasionally see level 78 and up attacking using flares.. it's rare but I have seen it.

• hartev616hartev616 Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 157 Saint Spontaneous

It's not really confusing as much as it is stupid. Some units you can drop in place some you can't. That's what is stupid.

• WhiteniteWhitenite Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 282 Gabby Enthusiast

You can set the control group target BEFORE you deploy. Once troops are deployed they will attack that target. Very effective with attacking Omega units.

I use flares when I drop the Colossus onto the HQ. It ensures it doesn't get distracted by defending troops. Control group target is a shorter duration, to short for HQ destruction.

• hartev616hartev616 Learning the Ropes Registered User Posts: 157 Saint Spontaneous

Again, you can only do that with certain troops. Try that with drones and let me know how it works out for you. Hint, it doesn't.