Commanders! Defend your base with the protection of the new EMP and Bastion towers, and eliminate
your enemies with the power of Ravager M8. Read the FAQ and join the discussion.

War matching

JessieJessie Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Can someone advise how this work? Many times my clan got war mismatch and we lost bcos of this and not lack of skills. Also how do we avoid war mismatch?

Answers

• kosmothekillerkosmothekiller Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller

from what i get from those alliance wars is based on what average of medals per person that is actually fighting in war

• kosmothekillerkosmothekiller Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller

just like the quickie wars same way

• Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Posts: 2,220Super Moderator Moderator

Thank you for your feedback, @Jessie and @kosmothekiller. Alliance War matching is actually based on the average experience level of the participating members. However, if the matchmaker can't find an ideal opponent over the course of several hours, your team may be paired against a stronger or weaker Alliance. When facing tough opponents, I suggest using some powerful boosts (Bonus Command Points, Gunship, Alpha Offensive Units, etc.) to increase your chance of winning.

• JessieJessie Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

This game is too easily to get 3 flag n many times speed help to win the war which is very unfair to clan with international players fm diff time zone. Make the game more challenging.

• gearjammergearjammer Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Well seeing Zynga wont do anything about alliance war matchups i might as well dissolve my alliance. I put in lower level players and dont get anyone for them to battle avainst. For you guys to keep saying matchups come fair is ****. This is about my 4th complaint and no attempt to fix. Me and my whole alliance is angry and i know others are also. Stop with gold purchase to build bases and let people earn them in battle or make a separate division for people who just buy bases. This is supposed to be a game. DO SOMETHING ABOUT ALLIANCE MATCHUPS NOW.
  • gearjammergearjammer Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    > @Jessie said:
    > Can someone advise how this work? Many times my clan got war mismatch and we lost bcos of this and not lack of skills. Also how do we avoid war mismatch?

You cant avoid miss match because Zynga doesnt care.
    Zynga just doesnt care if we get a fair match. Its sad but true.
  • Heime2Heime2 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Is it possible to stop a war before the fighting begins.

• Ceedog65Ceedog65 Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

No once an opponent has been found you can't stop it.

• Toby326Toby326 Posts: 32Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller
    I don't think war search is like commander Darius says I've started a war search and as soon as I got back to by base screen we had a opponent took less than a minute and we were out match wasn't a couple of hours so explain that war search is either you get a higher level all or low level alliance nothing in between my opinion
  • StinkyStinky Posts: 38Registered User, Facebook Connect User Learning the Ropes

If you are constantly overmatched, you must be missing something. First, are you using boosts? I hope you get your Hammerfall planes every week, you can get 3, enough to war back to back. Did you boost your Weapons Command? Those 10 extra points can make all the difference. Are you using Alpha troops? Strikeforce is a no-brained, 1 goes on Weapons Command and the rest on your troop tarmacs.

All these things are available without having to spend any gold. And if you play smart you will always have more than you need, as long as you have an active alliance and friends.

Do we sometimes get impossible matchups? Of course, but rarely. You claim that your offense isn't the problem, but that is a matter of perspective. @gearjammer can you 3 flag a warbase 20 XP levels above yours? 20 is my personal best, I usually attack +10-15 levels. I have a new alliance mate who has called the next L80+ base so he can prove that he can 3 flag it. He is L55. If you don't believe me tell me your Alliance name and I will join you for a war and show you.

As for the whole war as a race thing, I do not like it. But it is common for games like E&A. In a different game that was more jumper friendly my friends and I would make a list of war starts and hop and win several wars back to back, spending less than 15 minutes in each war. The fastest war win we ever did was less than a minute, everyone attacked a different base at the exact second war started. It can happen, I personally think it is not the best tie breaker. @Aloha Bunny a far better method would be the fewest "missed" flags, or an algorithm based on attacker:defender XP delta for all attacks in that war. It is also known as heroism, so the most heroic alliance would win the war in the event of a tie. Maybe I will make a separate post in suggestions for that.....

So if you are losing the race, organize your alliance. Figure what time everyone can fight, and start the war search an hour earlier. Get your attacks in quickly.

If you want to win wars you can, you just have to be organized and put in a little effort.