War matching

JessieJessie Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Can someone advise how this work? Many times my clan got war mismatch and we lost bcos of this and not lack of skills. Also how do we avoid war mismatch?

Answers

• kosmothekillerkosmothekiller Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller

from what i get from those alliance wars is based on what average of medals per person that is actually fighting in war

• kosmothekillerkosmothekiller Posts: 31Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller

just like the quickie wars same way

• Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Posts: 2,221Super Moderator Moderator

Thank you for your feedback, @Jessie and @kosmothekiller. Alliance War matching is actually based on the average experience level of the participating members. However, if the matchmaker can't find an ideal opponent over the course of several hours, your team may be paired against a stronger or weaker Alliance. When facing tough opponents, I suggest using some powerful boosts (Bonus Command Points, Gunship, Alpha Offensive Units, etc.) to increase your chance of winning.

• JessieJessie Posts: 8Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

This game is too easily to get 3 flag n many times speed help to win the war which is very unfair to clan with international players fm diff time zone. Make the game more challenging.

• gearjammergearjammer Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Well seeing Zynga wont do anything about alliance war matchups i might as well dissolve my alliance. I put in lower level players and dont get anyone for them to battle avainst. For you guys to keep saying matchups come fair is ****. This is about my 4th complaint and no attempt to fix. Me and my whole alliance is angry and i know others are also. Stop with gold purchase to build bases and let people earn them in battle or make a separate division for people who just buy bases. This is supposed to be a game. DO SOMETHING ABOUT ALLIANCE MATCHUPS NOW.
  • gearjammergearjammer Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    > @Jessie said:
    > Can someone advise how this work? Many times my clan got war mismatch and we lost bcos of this and not lack of skills. Also how do we avoid war mismatch?

You cant avoid miss match because Zynga doesnt care.
    Zynga just doesnt care if we get a fair match. Its sad but true.
  • Heime2Heime2 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Is it possible to stop a war before the fighting begins.

• Ceedog65Ceedog65 Posts: 10Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

No once an opponent has been found you can't stop it.

• Toby326Toby326 Posts: 33Registered User, Facebook Connect User Forum Traveller
    I don't think war search is like commander Darius says I've started a war search and as soon as I got back to by base screen we had a opponent took less than a minute and we were out match wasn't a couple of hours so explain that war search is either you get a higher level all or low level alliance nothing in between my opinion
  • StinkyStinky Posts: 76Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet

If you are constantly overmatched, you must be missing something. First, are you using boosts? I hope you get your Hammerfall planes every week, you can get 3, enough to war back to back. Did you boost your Weapons Command? Those 10 extra points can make all the difference. Are you using Alpha troops? Strikeforce is a no-brained, 1 goes on Weapons Command and the rest on your troop tarmacs.

All these things are available without having to spend any gold. And if you play smart you will always have more than you need, as long as you have an active alliance and friends.

Do we sometimes get impossible matchups? Of course, but rarely. You claim that your offense isn't the problem, but that is a matter of perspective. @gearjammer can you 3 flag a warbase 20 XP levels above yours? 20 is my personal best, I usually attack +10-15 levels. I have a new alliance mate who has called the next L80+ base so he can prove that he can 3 flag it. He is L55. If you don't believe me tell me your Alliance name and I will join you for a war and show you.

As for the whole war as a race thing, I do not like it. But it is common for games like E&A. In a different game that was more jumper friendly my friends and I would make a list of war starts and hop and win several wars back to back, spending less than 15 minutes in each war. The fastest war win we ever did was less than a minute, everyone attacked a different base at the exact second war started. It can happen, I personally think it is not the best tie breaker. @Aloha Bunny a far better method would be the fewest "missed" flags, or an algorithm based on attacker:defender XP delta for all attacks in that war. It is also known as heroism, so the most heroic alliance would win the war in the event of a tie. Maybe I will make a separate post in suggestions for that.....

So if you are losing the race, organize your alliance. Figure what time everyone can fight, and start the war search an hour earlier. Get your attacks in quickly.

If you want to win wars you can, you just have to be organized and put in a little effort.

• dckfurdckfur Posts: 43Registered User, Facebook Connect User Grasshopper
    Stinky you hit the nail right on the head. My team found out the hard way of getting all flags 1st but we adapted. Your explantion is very precise. I also wish there was more strategy to war but it is what it is. Very seldom we lose a war.
  • StinkyStinky Posts: 76Registered User, Facebook Connect User Black Sheep of ze Internet

How about the last 6 weeks or so? I am about to start a new thread to find out if anyone else is having issues with war matching.

Since before Christmas every AVA war has been horribly mismatched. Some are in our favor some favor our opponent, 1 out of the last 20 has been close enough that the winner was not obvious before the fighting began.

For example our current 35 vs 35 AVA war mismatch looks like this; they have 5 L91 bases, 5 bases that are L80+, and 2 that are L70+. Our top 12 bases are levels 82, 80, 72, 70, then 60’s and 50’s. It is ridiculously in winnable for us. Every match has been like this, some in our favor most not.

My purpose here is not to whine about it, but to find out if this is an isolated or widespread problem, if anyone else is experiencing this, and if so are there workarounds? I am seriously considering only doing 10 vs 10 wars because I’d bet that has the largest pool of opponents, therefore provides for the best odds of a fair matchup.

Please let me know if you have had similar issues.

• spikeniccispikenicci Posts: 51Registered User, Facebook Connect User This Space is Available

Stinky it's the same for everyone. Most wars now are a mismatch one way or the other. Mostly not in favour of my Alliance. Alliances way too strong to even compete with and the search engine only taking minutes to find these horrible mismatches. The way this MOB tell you the search engine works does not take place in the game. It's the same the way they have messed up the quick matches too. They say the match ups are of bases close to your own medal count and not HQ level. My base is HQ 25 with 32000 medals. I'm being attacked everyday by bases with Hq28 and 58000 medals. Retaliation isn't possible and the medal count isn't close. No matter how many times you complain nothing will be done . It's all about cheats and people who have deep pockets now. Don't expect a reply worth anything from them either or things to change. The game is now nearly unplayable. But hey admin and this MOB don't do anything.

Stinky how many bases do you usually take to war? Ive heard in other chats the perfect number is between 12-19 members. I usually take 13-15 and hav minimal problems. I DO KNOW its not necessarily your xp or HQ level but the MEDAL COUNT that affects war matchmaking, retalliations, and who youre ranked against in quik matches. In war we use a guy that has same 61xp as my 2 bases however his medal count is around 33000 where im at 24900 and 27300. Therefore there is always 1 or 2 opponents in war (matched from the 33000 medal count) i have trouble beating if he doesnt fight which has not been problem till this last war when it threw a 77xp at us and once again he didnt fight. Im benching him next war and will post the matchmaking RESULT. Hope this is helpful.
    I forgot also...try throwing a few MUCH LOWER medal count bases in the mix of your war clan even if you know they wont fight. It will even out the playing field a bit, but be aware you need at least 67% activity to win a war. ZYNGA DOES READ AND TRY TO ALLEVIATE OUR PROBLEMS AND ISSUES. Theres also plenty of other players looking to help if they can. GOOD LUCK STINKY
  • Bighurt42Bighurt42 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

would like to find a actual page dedicated to what parameter's is used for alliance war searches.

Thanks @dckfur for the information, I will experiment based on your input. Zynga has told us that medal count is not part of war weight, and that it is "mostly XP". I believe there is a fudge factor built in that factors recent win/loss ratio. it is very hard to get a win streak going. SO much so, and so consistantly, that it cannot be chance.

@Bighurt42 I totally agree. I think transparency on the war matching algorithm would only increase the games popularity. How about an annual forum where players and dev's discuss the matching algorithms and then changes are made based on the input gathered? :#