We are pleased to inform that, as of today, we’ve fully enabled all ‘Assist’ functions for BOTH ‘Alliance Members’ and ‘Friends.’ Please reach out here if you face any further issues. Read the entire Article
Commanders! We strive to keep Empires & Allies an equal and fair playing experience for all the players but recently we have noticed, monitored and also verified that third party software are being used to automate Quick Matches and Alliance Battles. This behavior is in violation of Community Rules section 6.A. We have identified a few accounts who were involved in such behavior and as part of Zynga's Terms of Service and we have RESET their relevant game progress. Read the entire article here.
Commanders! We are back with new update, HQ levels 25 & 26 are now available. Play Empires and Allies now and unlock the powerful Stinger, Instant Alpha Tarmac and Base Expansion! Know more: FAQ || Discussion || trailer.

E&A DevSpeak #10: Assist and Gifting Actions is now available to Friends and Alliance Members

Commander DariusCommander Darius Super ModeratorSuper Moderator Posts: 2,163 Moderator

Commanders,

As soon as we released ‘Alliance Prestige Levels,’ we had to halt ‘Assist’ and ‘Gifting’ actions for some time due to a technical issue. We wanted to provide some more info on the nature of these problems and the fixes for the same.

As you all know, Alliance XP is key to the new Prestige Levels. One way to earn this was through Assist actions. As Alliance Members rushed to Assist each other and earn Alliance XP, we saw a huge spike in these actions on the backend.

Every time a request is sent, all friends and Alliance members get this request and the respective data in the backend gets updated. Essentially a 1-to-n interaction.

For example, if 1000 players with 50 friends and 50 Alliance members (total of 100 recipients) send out a request, it triggers 100,000 interactions. Every time one of these recipients responds, the other 99 recipients and the original sender also receive updates, triggering another 100 interactions per sender.

Were we anticipating a spike? Yes. Were we anticipating this huge a spike? No.

Therefore, we briefly halted these actions and re-enabled it only to Alliance Members for a while. However, we are pleased to inform that, as of today, we’ve fully enabled all ‘Assist’ functions for BOTH ‘Alliance Members’ and ‘Friends.’

We understand the difficulty you faced and value your Loyalty. A ‘Special Gift Package’ was deployed to you already, Commanders.

That being said, please reach out here if you face any further issues. We’ll be monitoring this issue over the next couple of days. Please feel free to reach out to us via the form link provided above.

Over & Out,
Team E&A.

Comments

  • franklyfrankly Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 39 Learning the Ropes
    Thank you very much. Now assist works fine. However my research is stuck with 1 day to go . If I use boosts to finish and start a new one , would I able to get assist from friends ? I remember someone says there is problem days ago.
  • tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 124 The Pesky Helper

    My upgrades are stuck at 12/16. Plus I haven't received any New Special Gift Package.

  • HMDHMD Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 23 Delightful Duckling D

    Try having your brand new Level 25 RA stuck for the next 3 days. I filled out the form, now to see which happens first, the 3 days expires or someone fixes it. I'm guessing the timer expires.

  • tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 124 The Pesky Helper

    @Commander Darius said:

    We understand the difficulty you faced and value your Loyalty. **A ‘Special Gift Package’ was deployed to you already, Commanders. **

    when you say "A ‘Special Gift Package’ was deployed to you already", you're not talking about the one from last week are you?

  • Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,163 Moderator

    @frankly said:
    Thank you very much. Now assist works fine. However my research is stuck with 1 day to go . If I use boosts to finish and start a new one , would I able to get assist from friends ? I remember someone says there is problem days ago.

    @tosh9i said:
    My upgrades are stuck at 12/16.

    @HMD said:
    Try having your brand new Level 25 RA stuck for the next 3 days. I filled out the form, now to see which happens first, the 3 days expires or someone fixes it. I'm guessing the timer expires.

    Thank you for your feedback, Commanders. The fix should reflect on your new speed-up requests.

  • Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Super Moderator Posts: 2,163 Moderator

    @tosh9i said:

    when you say "A ‘Special Gift Package’ was deployed to you already", you're not talking about the one from last week are you?

    Yes, the team is referring to the resources that they previously provided.

  • tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 124 The Pesky Helper

    @HMD said:
    > @Commander Darius said:
    > @frankly said:
    > Thank you very much. Now assist works fine. However my research is stuck with 1 day to go . If I use boosts to finish and start a new one , would I able to get assist from friends ? I remember someone says there is problem days ago.
    >
    > @tosh9i said:
    > My upgrades are stuck at 12/16.
    >
    > @HMD said:
    > Try having your brand new Level 25 RA stuck for the next 3 days. I filled out the form, now to see which happens first, the 3 days expires or someone fixes it. I'm guessing the timer expires.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you for your feedback, Commanders. The fix should reflect on your new speed-up requests.

    On my "new speed up requests"? That means I have no choice but to wait until it finishes? While the rest of the group builds past me? So there is no help you can give? This forum is of no help whatsoever, just a bunch of sock puppets giving canned spam responses. Well since there is no reciprocation on the part of the company I choose to longer support this game by buying gold. Perhaps that will instill the gravity of your incompetence and failure to adequately treat your customers fairly and justly for problems created solely by Zynga.

    Just do what I did...use up all the construction boosts that I acquired in the past two years and then spend 518 gold to finish it. All of that just because it was stuck at 12/16 and I did not want to wait 4 days for it to finish.

  • GalBasGalBas Registered User, Facebook Connect User Posts: 1 Not a Title, but a Star

    My assist stuck at 14/16. If i cancel it will be a big loss of resources. Zynga please address this issue for me.

  • tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 124 The Pesky Helper

    @Commander Darius said:
    Commanders,

    As soon as we released ‘Alliance Prestige Levels,’ we had to halt ‘Assist’ and ‘Gifting’ actions for some time due to a technical issue. We wanted to provide some more info on the nature of these problems and the fixes for the same.

    As you all know, Alliance XP is key to the new Prestige Levels. One way to earn this was through Assist actions. As Alliance Members rushed to Assist each other and earn Alliance XP, we saw a huge spike in these actions on the backend.

    Every time a request is sent, all friends and Alliance members get this request and the respective data in the backend gets updated. Essentially a 1-to-n interaction.

    For example, if 1000 players with 50 friends and 50 Alliance members (total of 100 recipients) send out a request, it triggers 100,000 interactions. Every time one of these recipients responds, the other 99 recipients and the original sender also receive updates, triggering another 100 interactions per sender.

    Were we anticipating a spike? Yes. Were we anticipating this huge a spike? No.

    Therefore, we briefly halted these actions and re-enabled it only to Alliance Members for a while. However, we are pleased to inform that, as of today, we’ve fully enabled all ‘Assist’ functions for BOTH ‘Alliance Members’ and ‘Friends.’

    We understand the difficulty you faced and value your Loyalty. A ‘Special Gift Package’ was deployed to you already, Commanders.

    That being said, please reach out here if you face any further issues. We’ll be monitoring this issue over the next couple of days. Please feel free to reach out to us via the form link provided above.

    Over & Out,
    Team E&A.

    After all of this was fixed, I began researching Hellfire. Everything was going fine. During the last six hours, I used a Research Speed Up to finish it. After that, I began researching Drones > I clicked on the button to ask for Assists, but the others claim that they don't see it. I have a secondary account on the same Alliance, I can verify that it is not there.

    Note: Even though, I'm researching drones, I see "Help Research my Hellfire Missile" in the Assist area. However, the time to complete the research hasn't changed at all.

  • tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Registered User Posts: 124 The Pesky Helper

    Update: after the research for the Hellfire expired (see above), the Assist for Drone research appeared.

This discussion has been closed.