Feedback on Omega Unit: Viper

Aloha BunnyAloha Bunny Super ModeratorPosts: 1,682Registered User, Super Moderator, Facebook Connect User Moderator
edited April 2017 in General Conversation

Join in our discussion here, Commanders!
You can also check the video trailer.

Comments

• philseyphilsey Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    I hope that will be for everyone, because if it is like the call to arms some of us will wait long....
  • boomshakalkaboomshakalka Posts: 12Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

I guess I'm the only 1 that's not a fan of the robots. I think they take away any ava war strategy for defense. With omega, gunships,boost,commands their is no way of defending. Don't matter how much war factory you put down on base. I think you "Zynga" need to think about how things will effect wars. This games main play is in the ava war. I've played this game for almost 2 years. I luv the game an think is great. The only reason I still play is because of ava. If Ava was not in game I would have quit long time ago. Ava's all about team work an friendships. That's what builds teams an keeps people together playing. So pleeeease think about ava war in previous updates. Thanks an keep up good work

• tosh9itosh9i Grasshopper Posts: 149Registered User Saint Spontaneous

So, how well can this Viper do against drones?

• marconemarcone Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

MUITO BOM ESTÁVAMOS PRECISANDO DE ALGUMA COISA NOVA PRA ANIMA O JOGO, VERY GOOD VERY NASCE.

• ThanhckaThanhcka Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 7Registered User Loose Cannon
    edited April 2017
    Oh my. One hit kill ranger unit. Super strong. It is very imbalance. Even max level base can't against it. I hope zynga will rethink about this before all gamer leave game.
  • Commander DariusCommander Darius Super Moderator Posts: 2,227Super Moderator Moderator

Thank you for the comments, Commanders! More details will be shared soon, so stay tuned for further updates.

• TransAm_GoldTransAm_Gold Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    Super Idee freue mich schon auf den Viper
  • FlyguyFlyguy Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    A little over the top might take the fun out of it
    Might quit myself if its no fun or strategy beating a base
  • FightingPhantomFightingPhantom Posts: 58Registered User, Facebook Connect User This Space is Available
    All I want is an omega unit that will defend my base from collosus, will Viper do that?
  • dawuuddawuud Posts: 25Registered User, Facebook Connect User Clueless Cookie
    Dont see the need for another robot just upgrade the existing one to offer air defence support.
    But i do have a couple of questions...
    1 will we be able to use both of them at the same time....if not then how are we suppose to upgrade both of them efficiently
    2 will we be able to have both of them in d bay at the same time for defence or is there going to be another bay
    If zynga still decides on another robot i hope it has some air defence capabilities
  • mario83zgmario83zg Muffin Posts: 26Registered User Clueless Cookie
    Robots sucks.. you guys are trying to create a SF game.. instead of robots, you should have considered expanding the base, add sea, shipyard and cruisers.. this is going in wrong direction.
    Alliances are empty and players not active.
  • Gary KoellmelGary Koellmel Pumpkin Posts: 41Registered User Grasshopper

Another robot?? What direction is this game going? Waaay too SIFI for us! What's next? Another robot to kill the robot that kills Colossus? What is the sense of trying to build strong defences when you put an unstoppable piece into play? What good are the conventional pieces now? Many of us have spent time (and money) to develop strong bases and war machines! With two steps, Zynga has destroyed all that and created a new game with totally different parameters! Our alliances have just joined a growing number of alliances that no longer participate in AvA, for a variety of reasons including Colossus! Oh well, "Ka-Ching" more jingle in Zynga's pocket...or..."Ka-Pow" massive failure of a once great game! What do they care? They have plenty of other games on the market.

• elene2014elene2014 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
  • BedrockwarlordBedrockwarlord Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Hello Soldiers!

First off, I want to thank Zynga for releasing another Omega Unit, specifically a sniper!
    With regards to this upcoming release, I would like to point out a few changes that I would like to see happen before the official release.

The Viper is specifically a sniper, designed to engage enemies at a great distance with incredible damage, but weak armor and poor reload time. I cannot express how glad I am to have this type of unit in-game! That said, I was very disappointed when I saw the Omega ability. A sniper that has an AoE damage field as its "special"? What? To me, this makes no sense whatsoever. If Zynga plans to release a unit that can take on an entire army with epic missiles and blast effects, fantastic! But the Viper should reserve its ability to keep the slogan "one shot, one kill". To make the Viper more similar to a sniper/anti-omega unit, I propose a change:

Change the Super Ability During the trailer, the Viper was shown to use a rifle that alternates between a semi-auto machine gun and a long-range assault cannon. I would suggest that the Super Ability is changed to allow the Viper to target a specific enemy or building with the rifle. The target is chosen by the player, ensuring that the Viper can eliminate the strongest objectives first, with the exception of the HQ.The ability would deal an incredible amount of damage, similar or greater than a railgun of the same level. An additional change could be to allow the charged shot to temporarily stun the enemy target for a brief period. This makes the Viper ideal for targeting defending Colossus, but less than ideal for base defense.

Note: If Zynga is fascinated with the idea of sticking missile launchers on a sniper, fine, but I would prefer if it wasn't the Super ability. Maybe change the "Jericho" Missile system to only target air units and have a reload time of six seconds or something?

Thank you for reading, what do you guys think? I am aware of the changes this will cause before the Omega release, including a redo of the trailer, but I propose that these changes will be better for gameplay and much more appealing to players. Thank you.

• BedrockwarlordBedrockwarlord Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

@dawuud said:
    Dont see the need for another robot just upgrade the existing one to offer air defence support.
    But i do have a couple of questions...
    1 will we be able to use both of them at the same time....if not then how are we suppose to upgrade both of them efficiently
    2 will we be able to have both of them in d bay at the same time for defence or is there going to be another bay
    If zynga still decides on another robot i hope it has some air defence capabilities

Although I can see your point, I would appreciate an Omega Unit with AA capabilities as well, I think that the Viper will not fit this model. The trailer stressed it as a sniper, which usually relates to a glass cannon. However! In the trailer it did show the Viper shooting an apache out of the sky, so maybe it will be included. In answer to your questions, we will not be able to use both at the same time unless they add a secondary bay.

• FlyguyFlyguy Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    No more robots takes the fun out of the game
  • nucking1976nucking1976 Posts: 260Registered User, Facebook Connect User Gabby Enthusiast

Yeah let's add some more problems without fixing all current problems this game has constant crashing error codes galore you ever heard of over doing it ? Add more stuff doesn't fix your problems it makes them worse I guess the geniuses at zynga have sunk to an all time low how you guys retain your job is baffling

Censorship is funny when you speak the ugly truth about someone or something

no longer playing this game

• nucking1976nucking1976 Posts: 260Registered User, Facebook Connect User Gabby Enthusiast

I know nothing about game design however I'm confident enough to say after a crash course in game design I could produce a better version of your game it's not rocket science

Censorship is funny when you speak the ugly truth about someone or something

no longer playing this game

• daboomatldaboomatl Posts: 23Registered User, Facebook Connect User Delightful Duckling D
    edited April 2017

No more robots....Fix the Quick Match system!! Then add more robots or whatever!!

• SuupaSuupa Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 23Registered User Delightful Duckling D

Personally, I like the introduction of the Viper unit. As a player of game for a couple years I do agree with previous comments that this brings a sci-fi element to the game, which is undesired, but that threshold was already crossed with the Colossus. As such, introducing the Viper is a good balance to the Colossus in that it introduces a different element for the player to use (more offensive vs Colossus' defense). This new element allows the players to continue to customize their gameplay, picking and choosing which they'd like to develop based on their preferred style of play.

All that being said, however, I do have to agree with Bedrockwarlord on the special ability of the Viper. Having an AoE attack which would imply that this unit jumps right into the heat of the battle instead of picking off targets strategically from a distance seems like a contradiction. The special ability shown in the video seems like would be more suited to the Colossus as an alternative ability due to it's tankiness. For a "sniper" unit I would expect the special to be along the lines of (1) the ability to go stealth/invisible, or (2) the ability to "paint" a random defense tower for an airstrike/hellfire missile/orbital strike. Some type of skill that lends itself to a delicate sniper unit, not a brute force warrior.

Overall, I feel the new unit will be good and am looking forward to using it! Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.