Attention Commanders! Fill out this form to claim your flag rewards if you have participated in the ‘Memories of War’ contest. Make sure you have filled out your form by 5/25/2107 11:59 PM PDT.
All players can now change their name multiple times directly from the game.
Get the latest version and share your feedback, Commanders!
Attention Commanders! Do you have what it takes to be the best? Showcase your Battle supremacy and share a video of your best quick match battle to grab “Battle of the month” title and amazing rewards. Read more

E&A DevSpeak #8: Introducing Overload on Defense in Omega Unit

OzzyOzzy Posts: 229Community Manager Moderator

Commanders,

Since the launch of the Colossus, we’ve been watching it conquer the battlefield and have been listening to all your feedback. We’re very happy that players love The Colossus. At the same time, we have been working on making the Colossus even better. With that in mind…

Overload on Defense:

An Omega Unit is supposed to be its own counter in combat. When an Omega Unit is attacking, it should be countered by another Omega Unit on the defending side. The idea of seeing two huge units fighting each other in combat sounds awesome! However, since a defending Colossus did not trigger its Super Ability, it was generally weaker than its attacking counter-part.

So, we have now enabled the Overload ability in defense. Overload on defense is still controlled by its cool-down. Every time Overload comes off cool-down, it will be automatically triggered.
We are excited about this change and will be watching its impact closely. Our aim with the change is to ensure that combat remains balanced and we’ll continue to observe the combat experience to make sure its enjoyable and fun for everyone.

Thanks to everyone for providing feedback about this feature and helping us make it better. As always, please keep your feedback coming.

Over & Out,
Team E&A.

Tagged:

Comments

• 31170416533117041653 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

excelente este juego me gusta parce

• Dragon58Dragon58 Pumpkin Posts: 11Facebook Connect User Pumpkin

I love it about colossus that cool and hope so keep running colossus for good please hard work and make sure not happen !!

• 001001 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Totally agreed with Quetz! No overload please!

• JohnneyJohnney Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

i say bring it on will adapt,and over come.buh

• REDFOX007REDFOX007 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited February 10

100% de acordo com o Quetz ,a uma desproporção enorme nos Nvl k temos que enfrentar QG17 exp45 ter que atakar 21 e 22de QG. exp 69- 75

• VKRODVKROD Not a Title, but a Star Posts: 2Registered User Not a Title, but a Star
    I agree with Quartz 100%.
  • BrakBrak Posts: 91Registered User, Facebook Connect User Chocolatier

@Quetzalcoatl2015 said:
    No overload for colosus please.

It make it impossible to win.

I face many bases must of the time over defended, with patriot with ground targets, ion cannon, disco ball with ground attack, the only way to really defeat that base is colossus.

Usually I face stonger and higher level hq, I am a hq level 21,exp 69, and face more than half time hq 22, 23, 24, with exp 70-74, defended with disco ball and patriot to ground, plus superior level troops, of course, add that an ion cannon, 3 drone hives, stealth cloak, alpha tower and a colossus, its too much.

If the defending base its a no sleeping player or one of this players with 40,000 medals that the only thing they do in life is play, then I got in real trouble, my colossus its a level 7 and I am facing colosus level 10-15, must of the time level 12 & 13, of course it will be a lot stronger than mine, add that to a higher level base and higher level defenses and troops, add too over powered defenses with gound target as disco ball and patriot, stronger ion cannon, 3 drine hives, super strong defenses because of the alpha tower.

The main diference and the way I can win with a lower level base and troops is colosus, and the ability to overload and resist those defenses.

In a battle colosus vs colossus the main difference is overload, mine level 7 the other level 12, mine frim an hq level 21, the other one from an hq level 22-24, of course mine is weaker, but the ability to overload make it the match, some times my colosus win some times loose, but hey at least Its a equal to equal match.

If you add overload to a defensive colosus, there its no way I can win.

And for some reason since colosus has been in game there is less and less steel on the game.

If you guys can fix quick match and you will face only your own level Hq, then yes to overload colosus in defense, but as this is no true and you always face bigger hq, then:

No to colosus defense overload!!!.

Hope devs. Can pay attention to this specific point if view, and understand the problem it is causing.

You are lying because HQ 1 to HQ 11 can battle only the same HQ LV but if you surpas 8000 medals you will facing biger HQ LV and HQ 12 to HQ 19 can face players only based on medal kounts not on HQ LV but if you are HQ 20-24 you can face only the same HQ as you are,and for the colossus you hawe tell us you are facing colosus lv 10-15 and this is not possible because anyone he has not reached yet lv 15 colossus so you are lying to drive atention on your ms but this is not working ,for your info i will tell you somthing about colossus why anyone he has not reached lv 15 because colossus lv 1-9 ned resource to repair the colossus but colossus lv 10-12 the resource nedet for repair it double and if colossus reached lv 13 this double resource nedet it double again and no player has that amount of oil and steel to revive and repair the colossus i cnow this info because my colossus is lv 14 and to go to lv 15 he ned 150.002 xp so stop lying around as for dewelopers of E&A thanx you for the colossus improvement i hawe ben defendet thanx to the colossus players who before this update they defeated my base only for the colossus was not hawing this auto-shield so i want to thanx you for ading this and now colossus can finally battle with her full strength.

And those losers who are hawing trouble to defeat the colossus i tell you how you ned to attack first all your forces to colossus to defeat him before the overload is activated and after go for defences and all enemy basses

• OLEOLE Posts: 7Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon
    Come on now! Seriously that's not cool about colossus!!!!!

Nooooooooo coooooool down on defense!!!!
  • bigboi1bigboi1 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    edited February 10
  • 18101959Sergey18101959Sergey Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Классно воюет этот Омега

• Max1969Max1969 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    For me Colossus is taking to much resources. In both way when you atack and when they atack you. That make your way to upgrade other units to long.
  • Shogun_47Shogun_47 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

we adapt then to changes

• Shogun_47Shogun_47 Posts: 3Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

whats an overlord..the titan? hahaha

• rodriguesjiteshrodriguesjitesh Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
  • Quetzalcoatl2015Quetzalcoatl2015 The One Who Knows It All Posts: 510Registered User Enthusiastic Expert
    @Brak

You are giving me the reason with all you wrote on top, your colosus is level 14, mine is level 7 only.

Now i Don't know how do you play or what you do. But as I said it before, my Hq 21, xp 69, medals 25,500 ( arround that) and I don't know what level Hq and exp and medalas you have, and as i said before, most of the time, do you understand that???
    I face levels 22-24, that does not means all time.

On 20 quick match I face enemies as follows usually:

10 hq 21 exp 65-72
    3 hq 22, exp 68-73
    3 hq 23 exp 70-74
    1hq 24 exp 70-76

Note not always found this hq, but as quick match looks to be a kind of loop I find them most of the time, what I mean is if I play 40 battles for example, I know I will encounter 10 of this hq, bases every day sometimes twice or more a day.

For example a Japanese player, hq 21 exp 72, always with all war factory items in all his base, plus a colosus level 14.
    Here is another one an Spanish name player hq 23 exp 72, colosus level 13.
    Here is another example arabic name player, hq 22, exp 71, colosus level 12.

And find them over and over and over, I know their bases, but that level colosus put me in problems with out overload, now with overload its very difficult to even get a star.

I am not saing its impossible to win, but get recourses get a lit more harder, with a colosus able to overload at defense.

Know here is another important point as colosus gets stronger by only hq level up, let say a colosus with the same experience level let say 5 for example, a base hq 22 let say vs an hq level 21, both with the same level of colosus the hq level 22 is a lot more stronger than a same level colosus of an hq 21, and a hq 23 got an even stronger colosus, an level 24 get an even strongest colosus, now if you add that many pkayers got a colosus like you level 12-14, vs a level 5-7 its a lit of difference, even with the same hq level, but not impossible, now add the factor of hq level, and try to match a colosus exp 7 of an hq 21, vs an colosus exo 14 of a hq 23 its a lot, lot lot of difference.

Same happens all the way arround a colosus level 2-3 exp of an hq 18-20, try to match that to a colosus exp 7 of a hq 21, it is alot of difference. Now with overload, lower hq has no chance.

And about recourses there you are lying.

To repair or rebuild colosus this is my experience:
    From level 1-5 had to pay 130,000 oil + 150,000 steel.
    I don't know if zynga reduces cost or it cost less on higher exp level but since i got colosus at level 6 and now at level 7, I pay to rebuild 60,000 oil and 58,000 steel, most of the time I just pay to fix it and now if arround 23,000 oil and about 15,000 oil, usually, (half life or less).

As all depends in your hq level and experience, it is different you and for me, as different is quick match and the rivals you are facing.

But at keast for me that my point, so stop lying and being a bad ****, if you think it should be different just said it and why.
  • Quetzalcoatl2015Quetzalcoatl2015 The One Who Knows It All Posts: 510Registered User Enthusiastic Expert
    @Max1969

Agree with you so thats why I stop colosus defending my base, 2 attacks and its dead by drones, choppers or a stronger colosus.

So I use colosus only for attack, as I said before, I did found that at level 6 colosus and level 7 takes less recourses to fix or rebuild than lower levels, but I don't know if that is zynga reducing price, reduce price of leveling up, or just and algorithm, and if is this one that means that fir me is cheaper and for you expensive, other players can do it even cheaper and some others even expensive than you, but that is only me guess.

Have a nice one.
  • D709D709 Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

Here is an idea. Fix the game first. The game still crashes everyday, the replays now are lot loading, and one of our alliance members has been stuck in no mans land for months not being able to move his base. The emails to zynga go unanswered for we are given some stupid response. So, maybe fix the issues before creating stupid robots? Over and out.

• jutertejuterte Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

No to overload on defense.

Instead, if I use my Colossus to defend my base and my Colossus was defeated, do not make me rebuild my Colossus after it was attacked so that my Fuel supply will remain untouched, or have me rebuild my Colossus for free.

Also, how about adding Sea units, like aircraft carriers, submarines, warships, etc. This will make the game more challenging and interesting.

• tanguilatanguila Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

Wow the new version of colossus

• shahram98shahram98 Posts: 15Registered User, Facebook Connect User Pumpkin
    i think overload is not such good idea
  • Max1969Max1969 Posts: 2Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

For me it is not fair that I have to rebuild my Colossus after it was attacked. It take to much of my Fuel supply. Maybe Zynga can help with giving the Colossus experience point or level up point when they attack your base. Not I'm forced to rebuild my Colossus if I have to attack a base with a Colossus. If i do not put my Colossus defending my base. It will be destroy easy by a rival with a Colossus. I love Strategy games. For me Empires and Allies is the best and most realistic. You have full control on what you have to do. But Colossus is making me feel that I'm playing the other familiar games.

@Quetzalcoatl2015 said:
    @Brak

You are giving me the reason with all you wrote on top, your colosus is level 14, mine is level 7 only.

Now i Don't know how do you play or what you do. But as I said it before, my Hq 21, xp 69, medals 25,500 ( arround that) and I don't know what level Hq and exp and medalas you have, and as i said before, most of the time, do you understand that???
    I face levels 22-24, that does not means all time.

On 20 quick match I face enemies as follows usually:

10 hq 21 exp 65-72
    3 hq 22, exp 68-73
    3 hq 23 exp 70-74
    1hq 24 exp 70-76

Note not always found this hq, but as quick match looks to be a kind of loop I find them most of the time, what I mean is if I play 40 battles for example, I know I will encounter 10 of this hq, bases every day sometimes twice or more a day.

For example a Japanese player, hq 21 exp 72, always with all war factory items in all his base, plus a colosus level 14.
    Here is another one an Spanish name player hq 23 exp 72, colosus level 13.
    Here is another example arabic name player, hq 22, exp 71, colosus level 12.

And find them over and over and over, I know their bases, but that level colosus put me in problems with out overload, now with overload its very difficult to even get a star.

I am not saing its impossible to win, but get recourses get a lit more harder, with a colosus able to overload at defense.

Know here is another important point as colosus gets stronger by only hq level up, let say a colosus with the same experience level let say 5 for example, a base hq 22 let say vs an hq level 21, both with the same level of colosus the hq level 22 is a lot more stronger than a same level colosus of an hq 21, and a hq 23 got an even stronger colosus, an level 24 get an even strongest colosus, now if you add that many pkayers got a colosus like you level 12-14, vs a level 5-7 its a lit of difference, even with the same hq level, but not impossible, now add the factor of hq level, and try to match a colosus exp 7 of an hq 21, vs an colosus exo 14 of a hq 23 its a lot, lot lot of difference.

Same happens all the way arround a colosus level 2-3 exp of an hq 18-20, try to match that to a colosus exp 7 of a hq 21, it is alot of difference. Now with overload, lower hq has no chance.

And about recourses there you are lying.

To repair or rebuild colosus this is my experience:
    From level 1-5 had to pay 130,000 oil + 150,000 steel.
    I don't know if zynga reduces cost or it cost less on higher exp level but since i got colosus at level 6 and now at level 7, I pay to rebuild 60,000 oil and 58,000 steel, most of the time I just pay to fix it and now if arround 23,000 oil and about 15,000 oil, usually, (half life or less).

As all depends in your hq level and experience, it is different you and for me, as different is quick match and the rivals you are facing.

But at keast for me that my point, so stop lying and being a bad ****, if you think it should be different just said it and why.

ok i tell you i am a HQ 24 level exp 71 but on this HQ 24 my colossus cost a loot of resource to upgrade so im trying on another account to level max 15 the colossus to be the first player to level max the colossus and i hawe the all the info to tell you how many cost to revive colossus on all levels and yes zynga reducet a loot the cost of colossus i noted that and i hawe writen onmy info for colossus but after i goot lv 15 of colossus i will tell all how colossus work but i hawe recordet it with the first value but now is reducet the cost of steel and oil but you still are a liar because no one has ewer maxed out the colossus and i will be the first player to maxed my colossus and i will tell all players on a video

i think you have a issue or you have to many medals and you are been facing big players HQ because HQ 24 cannot attack lover HQ levels because for a HQ 21 you have to many medals im HQ 24 exp 71 and i have a medal count 22000 medals so i think this is you need to reduce your medal count

and stop crying like a baby because you are a commander and be strong build new strategy to battle but always the primary target must be colossus because when he activate the shield he unlock all your troops to attack him so the first target must be always the colossus after go for all the base

• NickNick Posts: 4Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star
    I would rather have my Colossus get Xp points than the overload. The Colssus is nice, The probelm is the battles are becoming no more about stragity for offense or defense: now it who has the biggest robot.
  • despec64despec64 Posts: 1Registered User, Facebook Connect User Not a Title, but a Star

d'accord avec beaucoup d'entre vous, il n'est pas normal d' avoir a payer pour reconstruire mon colosse lorsque je suis attaqué, surtout au prix demandé. trop cher. Surtout que les attaques sont vraiment souvent déséquilibrées. Autre point important stabilisez le jeu, trop souvent il s'arrête avec le message E&A
    ne répond plus. Pas d'info sur les évolutions du colosse, les couts de réparation, etc., etc. difficile de donner des infos sur le site de notre alliance. Merci de votre réponse.

• StinkyStinky Posts: 6Registered User, Facebook Connect User Loose Cannon

So much crying! If it is too hard, adjust your strategy or improve your technique. If it is too expensive, don't deploy on defense. If you're opponents are over your head drop some medals. Come on this is a war strategy game not a clicker, how about trying to use a little skill? There is a solution to every challenge, the problem most players face is the inability to prioritize their goals. You can't have everything without a great deal of skill, a little luck, and deep pockets. Pick what's important and stay focused on that one goal, satisfaction will follow.

My only suggestion is that if your colossus gets destroyed on defense and you have to use resources to revive it, you should receive the same XP as you would for taking that much damage/fighting as you do on offense.

Without some adjustment the colossus was no doubt OP, I am glad Zynga increased the colossus's defense rather than Nerf its offense.